• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.29 includes PS VR2 upgrade, a race against superhuman AI, a classic GT track and 5 new cars

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I....

Dont know how to respond to that. You stated a fact. I stated something subjective unrelated to said fact.

Where do we go from here?

I tried to say that with the change in name, appearance and layout it feels like it was never meant to be a faithful recreation of the original as more of a way to take a fresh spin which ultimately lead to disappointment.

I like it for that since it gives us something that's not in the game yet compared to other tracks.

Unknown?

I tried to say that with the change in name, appearance and layout it feels like it was never meant to be a faithful recreation of the original as more of a way to take a fresh spin which ultimately lead to disappointment.

I like it for that since it gives us something that's not in the game yet compared to other tracks.
Eh I like it better, it's a much more realistic looking track that doesn't have the same boring aesthetics as real race tracks.

zephiross

I managed to beat sophy on the 1v1 in tsukuba (by 0.021 sec) but not in the others. A few things I have noticed:

- I believe the less grip cars have, the more the AI has an "advantage". In the suzuka 1v1 with the porsche, I'm sure I could beat it or almost match it with a bit of trial (I only did 1 try for each event, But in the 1v1 in alsace with the GTR, I was something like 6sec of the pace a lap.)

- It lacks a bit of foreseeing. It take corner very fast, but often at the expense of exit speed. For example on mountain trial in the last corner, it take the actual corner much faster than me (several tenth) but i pull away in the following straight because i'm able the accelerate sooner.

-It's a bit too agressive in the corner, often raming you to the side to get past

But overall it's very fast and most importantly, it's feels more reactive to the player actions than classic AI. A slider to tailor the difficulty (50 to 100%) would be awsome to have close racing.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Eh I like it better, it's a much more realistic looking track that doesn't have the same boring aesthetics as real race tracks.
I like that we don't have curbs and that you always need to be careful to not drive into the sand.

It also features some tricky corners.

The bridges could have been cooler. They are a bit lackluster.

Tomeru

I can get behind that, but at the same time it means the original is forever dead. Probably.

Love racing against Sophy AI :messenger_smiling_hearts: so much better than the default bots. With the Sophy AI cars, the battles are :messenger_fire:

I hope in the medium and long term that they will increase the number of Sophy AI cars in races and completely remove the regular bots from GT7.

sendit

- It lacks a bit of foreseeing. It take corner very fast, but often at the expense of exit speed. For example on mountain trial in the last corner, it take the actual corner much faster than me (several tenth) but i pull away in the following straight because i'm able the accelerate sooner.
Angry Sci-Fi GIF by M3GAN

sendit

Is anyone having to constantly recenter their perspective in VR for this game?

I'm thinking the transition from flat Menu's to VR (while driving) is causing this issue.

Romulus

I'm pretty much getting smoked by the new AI. I was never great at GT7, but after the update, I'm worse. In VR it helps a little bit. On another note, switching back to non VR its amazing to me how tiny the cars look even on our 85 inch TV. Been awhile since I compared games non-VR to VR.

Top Bottom