• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Will Automatically Import GT Sport Liveries, Decals, and Sport Mode Ratings

ethomaz

Banned
Huge!
I mean Huge!

Polyphony Digital has revealed more information into what player data will transfer from Gran Turismo Sport into Gran Turismo 7, with Sport Mode ratings — Driver and Sportsmanship Ratings — moving across to the new title in addition to user-generated liveries and decals.
Firstly, the process will be automatic. That will come as great news to players who have a significant number of liveries they wish to transfer, as it means they won’t need to go through their content manually. The process will start on Tuesday, February 15, though the precise time may vary.

There are some specific considerations however. When it comes to uploaded decals, everything in your GT Sport library will transfer to GT7, but only liveries shared as “Open to All” will move across. Furthermore, only liveries created after 0430 on December 22 2017 will transfer. That corresponds to the v1.10 update to Sport, although it’s not entirely clear why.

Once transferred, the liveries will be available under a special “GT Sport Liveries” section of GT Auto, but you might find a few differences in your designs.
Interestingly, you’ll be able to continue using your liveries in GT Sport after the transfer, and PD notes that the transfer data will update “at regular intervals”. That likely means you’ll be able to continue making liveries in Sport and have them transfer to 7 automatically, which is the first suggestion we’ve had that GT Sport could continue for a short while once GT7 comes out.
Along with your created content, your Sport Mode stats will transition to GT7, starting on February 15. That means that any accumulated Driver Rating and Sportsmanship Rating will move to the new title ready for the new season of online racing.

Make sure to change your Liveries "Open to All".

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Not played in a couple of years but I'm ready to go.

IMG-20220210-224526.jpg

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Huge!
I mean Huge!

Thats fucking nice and time saving, those are the moves in the right direction.

I can't believe we're actually getting a new and complete main gran turismo game. I haven't felt this since...GT4?
( Let's face it, GT5 came out missing most of the game it later became and GT6 never got to be as good as GT5 was in the end)

This is great stuff tbh
Can't wait to play it too bro !

ethomaz

Banned
I can't believe we're actually getting a new and complete main gran turismo game. I haven't felt this since...GT4?
( Let's face it, GT5 came out missing most of the game it later became and GT6 never got to be as good as GT5 was in the end)

This is great stuff tbh
GT5 was less polished but in terms of game it was way better and bigger than GT6 imo.
I was very disappointed with GT6 :( got Platinum and moved on.

Last edited:

Aenima

Huge!
I mean Huge!

Yeah, i had mentioned about the liveries before in the state of play thread, good to know the driver ratings for online are also tranfering.

Im glad they dont transfer garages or player LVs. I really want a fresh start for the career, but having millions of liveries available from the start is great. There was alot of amazing liveries in GT Sport created by very talented ppl.

ethomaz

Banned
I know it is not related but...

One of the things I hated was not carry all your Grimorie info and players stats from Destiny to Destiny 2... it was a huge missed opportunity missed by Bungie.

SLB1904

Banned

for people who don't know, there is a controversy online. some people don't want the online to carry over. and this guy makes a good point why it should

Last edited:
l only made a few decals but it will be nice to know they will show up in GT7. It is actually kind of fun to make decals of weird niche things like your college or employer logos and see them get a few dozen or hundred likes.

Aenima

for people who don't know, there is a controversy online. some people don't want the online to carry over. and this guy makes a good point why it should

Dude is right. DR SR are not suposed to be a gring thing, its suposed to be a system that measures a player skill to match players with identical skill and behavior in the same races. So more skilled drivers can have clean races instead of ending in lobies where its a whreckfest.

Also any player that want to reset just to grind the DR SR, just have to do some races driving like an ass bumping against others and finishing last, and after a few races the DR SR will be down to beginner levels.

SLB1904

Banned
Dude is right. DR SR are not suposed to be a gring thing, its suposed to be a system that measures a player skill to match players with identical skill and behavior in the same races. So more skilled drivers can have clean races instead of ending in lobies where its a whreckfest.

Also any player that want to reset just to grind the DR SR, just have to do some races driving like an ass bumping against others and finishing last, and after a few races the DR SR will be down to beginner levels.
yeah.. weird complain tbh

GHG

Gold Member

Lmao the only people who don't want it to carry over are the ones who spent their whole time ramming people in GT Sport and now want a clean slate for whatever reason.

Fuck them, create a new PSN account if you must, it's the same principle in iracing.

Top Bottom