• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 5 & GTA Online Delayed to March 2022 (also, Trailer)

Md Ray

Animated GIF

Umbasaborne

Banned
The level of detail Rockstar put into their games - bar this low-level upgrade, obviously - is astounding. Bear in mind they’re working on GTA VI and continuing to support the online modes for both GTA V and RDR2. You can’t expect them to do all that and remake GTA V in the Red Dead engine.
Yeah but they should be able to put out more than 2 games in ten years

Star-Lord

Yeah but they should be able to put out more than 2 games in ten years
GTA IV was released in 2008.

GTA V was released in 2014.

RDR2 was released in 2019.

Rockstar have a history of having large development gaps between games. But, as I mentioned, they continue to support and release new content on their online games.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I guess people on my friends list so happen to be all non-GTA gamers.

The franchise makes stupidly insane amounts of money, but I cant remember seeing anyone on my list actually playing it.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned

Rockstar have a history of having large development gaps between games. But, as I mentioned, they continue to support and release new content on their online games.
Red dead 1 was released in 2010

gta v was actually released in 2013.

they used to be able to put out a game every 2-3 years

CamHostage

Bear in mind they’re working on GTA VI and continuing to support the online modes for both GTA V and RDR2. You can’t expect them to do all that and remake GTA V in the Red Dead engine.

Okay, but "they" didn't need to do all of this themselves.

Rockstar North could have easily turned to Rockstar Leeds or Rockstar Dundee or an outside studio (or better yet, start up a new Rockstar studio specifically for remastering a few core titles*) and had them do most of the work (especially on GTA5; GTA Online still needs to be in step with the other versions, but 5 could have been redone a number of different ways by any number of studios and did not have to be on the same time schedule as GTAO.) We don't know that it is R* North actually doing the port work (hopefully GTA6 is their actual priority,) but IMO, the main Rockstar studio shouldn't be wasting any energy on this remaster when there are perfectly capable studios out there who could do it for them, just have an internal producer overlooking the work. I get that quality is important, but these ports were announced 15 months ago, still won't be out for another 6, and so far are not making a positive impression, so mission not accomplished.

(*Rockstar Dundee is actually rumored to be making a GTA 3/VC/SA remake set, which sounds great; then put them on GTA LCS/VCS/CTW on that same engine, have somebody else do GTA4/L&D/BoGT, then have Leeds make a San Andreas Stories finally, and let's just keep rolling while waiting for GTA6...)

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Looked plain and wasn't impressed with the visual upgrades from what was shown. So like the PS4 version, i'm going to skip again.

A 2022 launch means we are even further from GTA 6, what a waste of time this is ... smh

My guess is they delayed it to add the other games in the package, has to be because they can't seriously be asking for $60-$70 for this game.

Last edited:
So the remaster is basically just same graphics at 60fps 4k. And probably some small improvements to explosions car crashes etc. And next gen consoles getting cars that can go faster. Makes me want gta 6 even more.
The trailer was in 30fps, and it wasn’t because of the stream either because UC4 was clearly running at 60fps.

saintjules

Why is it called Expanded and Enhanced again?

I never really finished the main campaign. Went back to it over a year ago and then knew about the E&E version. So I said I'll wait. Not it's pushed back to March.

I still think I'll wait. Especially if 60fps is on the table.

ReBurn

Gold Member

GTA V released in 2013, not 2014. On September 17th it will have been 8 years since a new GTA released.

GTA is an MMO now.

Little Chicken

Gold Member
POOR initial showing, however I have a feeling we'll get an "upgrades walkthrough" video closer to launch and everyone will get their dicks out for it.

HTK

Banned
I was expecting a bigger enhancement to be honest, with the mediocre enhancement and the March launch I'll probably skip it altogether and wait for it to be $10 down the line.

hlm666

First real next generation game, and by that I mean we are going to have people a generation later buying the same game their parents did at the same price (maybe even more).

Top Bottom