• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 5 PS5 Version Gameplay - Peformance RT

Banned
You just suck at the game. It's okay. Not every game can be mastered by everyone.

how can I suck at a game with zero challenge?
again, it's totally ok to like bad games :) I like Crackdown 3, you don't see me having an issue with the fact that the game is not that good if you assess it truthfully.

RDR2 is a shit game with awful game design and awful controls that are so bad that they had to implement the most ridiculous aim assist ever.gor it to even be playable with the atrocious input lag it has on console.

and if you wanna doubt my shooter skills we can do a quick 1 on 1 in a shooter of your choice to see how wrong you are ;)

Onyx in Halo Infinite (well before the reset, haven't played it since...), Diamond 2 (currently) in Apex... arguing that I somehow am bad in a shooter won't fly my dude

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I like Crackdown 3
Explains everything, actually.
Tea Time Drink GIF by VH1

Banned

I told you that I am fully aware it's not a good game. but as I also said, it's totally ok that you like the bad video game thta is Red Dead Redemption 2 :) just like I am totally fine liking the bad video game Crackdown 3... it's ok, you aren't a bad person for liking a bad game... hush hush, it's ok!

ethomaz

Banned
I feel the opposite.
To make you a bit happy RDR2 has better story and characters.
GTA has more freedom, options, weapons and better side quests.
RDR2 has better graphics.
GTA has better controls (that is not an achievement lol it just RDR2 controls are too bad… The Witch 2 level of bad).
Both can be immersive… that depends more of the style you like.

GTA is more sandbox fun than RDR2.
GTA fast travel and of course vehicles are better too.

Argrrrrr… whatever I think I keep finding things better on GTAV… and that from a guy that don’t keep playing GTA games.

Last edited:
again, it's totally ok to like bad games :) I like Crackdown 3, you don't see me having an issue with the fact that the game is not that good if you assess it truthfully.

RDR2 is a shit game with awful game design and awful controls that are so bad that they had to implement the most ridiculous aim assist ever.gor it to even be playable with the atrocious input lag it has on console.

and if you wanna doubt my shooter skills we can do a quick 1 on 1 in a shooter of your choice to see how wrong you are ;)

Onyx in Halo Infinite (well before the reset, haven't played it since...), Diamond 2 (currently) in Apex... arguing that I somehow am bad in a shooter won't fly my dude

Guys guys, can you two chill out for a second. We have more important things going on right now. Like the rockstar haters shitting on a phony comparison video using pc footage.

Come on, let's all join in and have a laugh at the irony of people who have spent months whining about the pc version being number one, "why would anyone spend $10 on this?!" types now shitting on the pc version thinking it's the ps5 version. Surely this will bring us all together as one.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

Play on PC with glorious m&kb??? You will still have input lag, but you don't "need" any pathetic aim assist/auto-aim...

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Guys guys, can you two chill out for a second. We have more important things going on right now. Like the rockstar haters shitting on a phony comparison video using pc footage.

Come on, let's all join in and have a laugh at the irony of people who have spent months whining about the pc version being number one, "why would anyone spend $10 on this?!" types now shitting on the pc version thinking it's the ps5 version. Surely this will bring us all together as one.
The thread of people not understanding why people are buying the 3rd time at $10 was really fun.

I replied that people like the game and that this consoles versions with the upgrade is like a Remaster for $10…. and got laughs from the guy that can’t understand that simple.

Rossco EZ

performance mode is nice, looks a lot cleaner but don’t expect crazy visuals. glad i only went for the online mode.
playing now

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I also don't get how a 2001 PS2 game can't run at 60 fps in all of its versions in 2022 on a PS5 / Xbox Series X... (looking at you GTA3 remastered)
one is a literal remaster with the exact same code, graphics and animations as the original, just with a few touchups
the other was a lazily remade version in UE4 that broke a lot of the original game's code and made it way more unoptimized than it originally was

The thread of people not understanding why people are buying the 3rd time at $10 was really fun.

I replied that people like the game and that this consoles versions with the upgrade is like a Remaster for $10…. and got laughs from the guy that can’t understand that simple.

It makes it seem more pathetic when you remember that the same handful of characters whining in every single gta thread are adults. These are grown ass adults who feel the need to behave this way, wasting their time going into every single Rockstar/gta thread to bitch about a game they apparently don't even like.

ub1smht.jpg

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
it's ok if you like games with the worst gunplay in history and missions designed in such a linear way that a single wrong step outside an arbitrary an divisible boundry will give you a game over... IN AN OPEN WORLD GAME none the less
are you talking about GTAV or RDR2 here? i can't tell

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Obvious RDR2… the game gunplay is a atrocious.
it's a joke.... GTAV and RDR2 are 2 sides of the same coin. previous rockstar games like GTAIV had more open mission design, better stories and a better open world. the only difference between the both is that GTAV is set in a city with cars while RDR2 is set in the wild west.

I found a first comparison video between the PS4 and PS5 versions. It looks much more improved than you would think. The draw distance is hugely improved. Also, it looks like they completely changed the color grading in some scenes.

This seems to be one of those double edged situations where ripping out the original lighting of an older game in favor of RT makes it lose the mood of a scene and also lose some of it's intended look art-wise(especially with how flatter it makes character models look) but is technically an improvement(especially on environments and cars).

I played on Series X earlier this afternoon and it seems OK to me, performance was good and didn’t seem to dip when weaving around traffic quickly.

Aiming and shooting still feels like absolute dog shit to me though, despite playing around with the controls. Anyone have some recommended settings to make it feel more responsive?

Vick

Gold Member
I found a first comparison video between the PS4 and PS5 versions. It looks much more improved than you would think. The draw distance is hugely improved. Also, it looks like they completely changed the color grading in some scenes.

This looks like utter trash and everyone who liked this version should feel bad imo. These kind of "improvements" completely destroy the game, just like the GTA Definitive Trilogy did, and also look objectively bad with those awful flickering shadows or even completely absent ones all over the place. Looks like ass.

Thankfully it turned out to be fake. Was not really planning to buy this, but i'm satisfied with the later comparisons posted and i loved GTA5 back then, an improved and updated console version at 60fps for 10 bucks sounds tempting.
It's the last Houser brothers GTA togheter after all, with lovely satire and boobs all over the place.

I played on Series X earlier this afternoon and it seems OK to me, performance was good and didn’t seem to dip when weaving around traffic quickly.

Aiming and shooting still feels like absolute dog shit to me though, despite playing around with the controls. Anyone have some recommended settings to make it feel more responsive?

Try deadzone at 0% and acceleration at 100%.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

This is fake?

Perrott

Gold Member
Pedestrians? Cars? These cities are mostly still way way too empty (I know this is not the busiest it gets, but still.

We should have better than what we have below now (Spider-man is only a step in the right direction for me, not the target), even if everything was a bit less detailed, we need cities with large crowds, tons of cars. Life…

xpaKTB0.jpg
i5bCKkz.jpg
q3kYcR4.jpg

XHwHXj5.jpg
GTA V doesn't have as many cars as, say, the Spider-Man games because of design reasons. Have too many cars and you would find yourself unable to navigate in between all that traffic, specially during police chases. The navigation of the environments in Spider-Man doesn't take place at ground level, so of course those games have much more traffic, since they are all pretty much background scenery.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

I actually prefer the old colour grading
A lot of the shadows seem very different too and imo better in the PS4 version.
I mean it clearly better in the PS5 version but the way it looked was better before.

Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for it.

Terrible post.
You just suck at the game. It's okay. Not every game can be mastered by everyone.
The important thing about being a big fan of anything is being able to recognize it's flaws. RDR 2 is a technical marvel, has a really well told and acted story, and is a graphical masterpiece, but, it does have gameplay flaws that are very valid from the person you've quoted. Those flaws are so jarring, restrictive, and PS3/360 gen in design, that for such a game striving for realism, it tends to take you out of the experience very quickly and in a frustrating way. I just hope that Rockstar finds a way to improve those systems for any next gen game they develop next, because if not their gameplay and scenario design philosophies will be looking severely outdated after a generation of other open world games vastly improving their gameplay options and one-upping each other in design.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The important thing about being a big fan of anything is being able to recognize it's flaws. RDR 2 is a technical marvel, has a really well told and acted story, and is a graphical masterpiece, but, it does have gameplay flaws that are very valid from the person you've quoted. Those flaws are so jarring, restrictive, and PS3/360 gen in design, that for such a game striving for realism, it tends to take you out of the experience very quickly and in a frustrating way. I just hope that Rockstar finds a way to improve those systems for any next gen game they develop next, because if not their gameplay and scenario design philosophies will be looking severely outdated after a generation of other open world games vastly improving their gameplay options and one-upping each other in design.
Sure, but it by no means it is a "terrible game."

That's just crazy talk
Cowboy Yeehaw Agenda GIF by NPO Radio 2

Sure, but it by no means it is a "terrible game."

That's just crazy talk
Cowboy Yeehaw Agenda GIF by NPO Radio 2
But if that poster only values gameplay above all, then their issues with the game could make it seem terrible, and for that I don't blame them. Rockstar is admittedly lagging behind a bit in the gameplay feel and mission design department. I don't think reviewers will be as forgiving if their next game carries the exact same gameplay issues.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
But if that poster only values gameplay above all, then their issues with the game could make it seem terrible, and for that I don't blame them. Rockstar is admittedly lagging behind a bit in the gameplay feel and mission design department. I don't think reviewers will be as forgiving if their next game carries the exact same gameplay issues.
Ok.

I actually prefer the old colour grading
A lot of the shadows seem very different too and imo better in the PS4 version.
I mean it clearly better in the PS5 version but the way it looked was better before.

The video is nonsense. That's the pc version, not ps5.

Top Bottom