• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto PlayStation Evolution PS1 - PS5

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Game Evolution Presents: Grand Theft Auto Evolution. This video includes all GTA Games for PlayStation consoles and handhelds from 1997 to 2021. (PS1 to PS5)

0:06 Grand Theft Auto (1997)
0:32 Grand Theft Auto: London 1969 (1999)
1:02 Grand Theft Auto 2 (1999)
1:32 Grand Theft Auto III (2001)
2:05 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (2002)
2:34 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004)
3:02 Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (2005)
3:27 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (2006)
3:58 Grand Theft Auto IV (2008)
4:27 Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (2009)
4:56 Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (2009)
5:23 Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
5:54 Grand Theft Auto V (2014)
6:17 Grand Theft Auto V (2021)

GTA 3 for me was a revolution and vice city the love for the franchise. San Andreas the epic scale on a limited hardware and GTA 4 the push for the physics. V is boring.

Banned
no GTA London 1961? why is that one missing here lol?

edit: oh, it's literally only about PlayStation versions... never mind

Last edited:

Qaloon

I’ll never forget how booting up GTA IV for the first time felt after playing Vice City and San Andreas for some odd years.

I was also a teenager, so everything felt mind-blowing at that age. I hope GTA VI brings the goods.

Stuart360

They could easily make so much money simply by hiring a team to just remake the PS2 and PSP games in GTA V's engine.
I have said the same many times, and i'm still surprised they havent dont it yet. In fact wasnt there a recent rumour that they actually ARE doing it?, i'm sure it was posted on here.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I have said the same many times, and i'm still surprised they havent dont it yet. In fact wasnt there a recent rumour that they actually ARE doing it?, i'm sure it was posted on here.
Unfortunately I've only seen GTA 6 rumors as of late. Imagine if they did do it...whichever dev team would work on it would be earning big, big money so easily. Rockstar is a lot like EA though when it comes to remaking anything.

Stuart360

Unfortunately I've only seen GTA 6 rumors as of late. Imagine if they did do it...whichever dev team would work on it would be earning big, big money so easily. Rockstar is a lot like EA though when it comes to remaking anything.
GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Sories, remade with GTA5 level graphics, all in one package.
It would be in the Top 10 best selling games of the gen , by the time we reach the end of the gen. I have zero doubt about that.

I was late to the party on GTA. But I do vividly remember my first experience.

Brother in law talked me into buying Vice City. After 20 mins or so, I looked at him and said "Dude, this shit sucks", turned it off, and gave him the game. Maybe a few months later we moved and due to much of our stuff being in storage (including games). I was in the odd position of having only two games to play for a few weeks. One a fishing game, and the other being the very Vice City that I'd given to my brother in law.

So I played VC. It took a day or so to click, but when it did... I was hooked! It forever made me cautious of quickly dismissing games. Years later having bought the game Two Worlds on 360. I gave it ten whole minutes before deciding it was complete ass, and returning it instead of the 5 mins I usually would have.

bender

What time is it?
GTAIII, Vice City and San Andreas were so damned good. Nothing since has really clicked. The music selection isn't as good nor is the talk radio. The writing and tone seems to have regressed or maybe I've outgrown the Houser's sophomoric attempt at humor and satire. I prefer the collectables and side content in those older titles too. A lot of the game play mechanics in those first 3D games weren't great to begin with but I don't think they've invested nearly enough time to improve them in the later entries. Modern GTA just bums me out.

Kabelly

I've been replaying the complete edition of GTA 4 for the past couple of months on my PS3. It's definitely showing it's age (on that console at least), but it's still charming in its own way graphically.

Also I do like all 3 characters and it's kinda funny how we already had 3 protags before GTA V. We just couldn't switch on the fly. The main story was a lot longer than I remembered but I still like the story. I'm on the Lost and Damn DLC now and having fun being in the biker gang. Also I love GTA 4's physics and can appreciate more now that I'm older.

Top Bottom