• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Leak Gameplay

Dr. Doak

Still no Switch Version gameplay? I‘m still concerned tbh. I should‘ve preordered on Series s. I‘m dumb

Last edited:

Stuart360

Its not what i wanted, but it is about what i expected to be honest. I do like some of the finer detail added, and the longer draw distance (or full draw distance i suppose).
One thing i dont like is how ghastly some of the npc's look. I mean its cool that they have tried to keep the same look while adding more detail but the reason why the characters and npc's looked like they did back then was hardware limitation, where characters have maybe 300-400 poly budgets. I would of made the characters look more like GTAV.

EDIT. Also are these taken from the Switch version?, and i dont even mean that as an insult, i just mean surely XB1 and PS4 (never mind next gen) can run these gams at 60fps, surely.

Last edited:

nordique

Still no Switch Version gameplay? I‘m still concerned tbh. I should‘ve preordered on Series s. I‘m dumb

there’s a video on YouTube of a guy playing vice city definitive edition on an oled switch and it looks pretty comparable to this vice city video.
I mean, small captures off screen but looks pretty good in motion

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Nah depsite Rockstar doing great games I can't accept this poor work and by poor I don't mean they did not do a good job with the lighting and textures but seeing those weak character models and animations in such a clean looking updated world is...jarring. It looks exactly like any graphical mod that are already out there. Cheap work when they could've done what Mafia devs did considering the resources they have. They're just going to cash in on fucking idiots who will buy anything.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Not suprising that they didn't show any gameplay. Its looks almost exactly the same at least in Vice City. The enviroments look great but character models could be better.

Kupfer

Is the pedestrian, geometry and vehicle pop-in in the GTA 3 video on purpose to be close to the original? Also same 20year old physics and no ragdolls.
I don't know why I should want to play these versions instead of the OG ones.

Last edited:

dotnotbot

comment_1636534134tMnulgYfmPqK4HBxyElXho.jpg
Good job

BREAKING: This is fixed in release version:
cENGWEE.png

Gif from Rockstar:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Denton

I will probably replay at least GTA3, my favourite of these...it looks quite nice. But I am definitely not paying 60 euros for it.

Dr. Doak

Just put some vaseline on your monitor to make it super blurry, set lowest resolution in youtube and bang! Here's your switch gameplay!
Well I can live with low resolution (720p) as long as it looks like the PS4 version (reduced shadows are pretty much confirmed)

VulcanRaven

Has someone said anything about the soundtrack yet? Are the important songs missing or not?
Billie Jean doesn't play when you enter the car for the first time. Self Control was there in the PS4 version of the original but not in this. I worry they have removed that too.

Edit: Apparently Self Control is in the game.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Shame that they didn’t receive the Mafia 1 remake treatment. I won’t pay full price for this, it’s ridiculous.
Hey thats not fair, Rockstar dont have much cash to hand to go making them look any better. GTA V's on it's arse at the moment and Red dead 2 sold awful, i'm buying five copies to help them out

I wish these games had Shark cards too, that would help Rockstar out in these lean times.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
i dont know about you guys but they look fucking awful, i mean early 2010's mobile game awful, theres no way i could bring myself to sit down and play a full length GTA game and lets face it these games where massive with it looking so fucking terrible, pisspoor cash in to tie diehard fanatics over whilst they continue to splurge in online... fuck me gamers are the most easily exploitable demographic out

ripeavocado

Banned
Playing remasters on switch then series S instead of proper platforms where they play better, at least you are self aware.

why are you all like this? It’s fascinating

ripeavocado

Banned
I wish R* took this remaster seriously instead of giving it to a small team with a poor track record.

Can’t say they took advance of all the UE capabilitie and the simpsons like skin shaders are unaexcusable.

Two questions remain: are some songs missing and did they censor anything?

Top Bottom