• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition announced, all consoles and PC in 2021 and mobile in 2022

Droxcy

If they just announce a date tomorrow for 3+ weeks time rockstar is going to break my heart like they usually do.

Last edited:
So who's ready for the trailer tomorrow??

I would be surprised If the remaster looks decent.
I hope I'm wrong about this, but I'm ready for a not-trailer tomorrow....
Rockstar will probably do some little video ditty about the 20-year anniversary of GTA3 with a one-second blurb at the end saying something like, "Stay tuned for more info about the upcoming GTA Trilogy DE!"

Woggleman

I hope they retain the spirit and feel of the original games while delivering an improved experience with restored soundtracks. If they could do that I would be happy.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Today's the day, isn't it?

I fired up GTA III on my PC and ran around Liberty City for a while. Rockstar please don't fuck it up.

(Widescreen fix mod + 4k HUD installed)
ZMl6aql.jpg

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Today's the day, isn't it?

I fired up GTA III on my PC and ran around Liberty City for a while. Rockstar please don't fuck it up.

(Widescreen fix mod + 4k HUD installed)
ZMl6aql.jpg

I really, really hope this is a decent remake.

I want something like the recent Rome Total War remake, where it has the same style as the original, but with a modern upgrade to the graphics. I'd be happy if that's what we got, but I'm not that optimistic.

cormack12

Gold Member
I really, really hope this is a decent remake.

I want something like the recent Rome Total War remake, where it has the same style as the original, but with a modern upgrade to the graphics. I'd be happy if that's what we got, but I'm not that optimistic.

I've gone from thinking 'no hype, gonan be shit' to the fucking sandman putting insane thoughts in my head. I really wanna see what this looks like.

Today we will get one screenshot I bet.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I've gone from thinking 'no hype, gonan be shit' to the fucking sandman putting insane thoughts in my head. I really wanna see what this looks like.

Today we will get one screenshot I bet.

Expecting one screen shot, but fingers crossed we'll get a full blown trailer.

What time is the trailer dropping?

All_Might

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
$60 for these is kinda fucking nuts, but hey, people will pay it.

Original trilogy weighs in at about 7.27 GB, this one is 45 GB which is somewhat promising.

Yep, I saw that in the other thread. I wonder if physical will come with maps / manuals stylized as city guides as in originals.

If yes I might double dip and also buy Xbox version. And I only have like 3-4 physical games.

That would be cool however I suspect they will implement the GPS route like in 4 & 5 and see no need to have a physical map.

I just hope it’s not some half hearted effort.

amigastar

I'm really curious what exactly will be improved to the old versions.
GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas were a huge influence of my childhood especially the awesome radiostations.

Last edited:
Funny, the preorder page is already up but they have shown absolutely nothing...

Also 45gb for 3 games makes me believe the upgrade isn't as amazing as I hoped it would be.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Looks strange but exactly what I was expecting. I'll take it.

Just not for £55, they can suck my ass, I've bought these games 3x each already over the years.

So yeah, GTA V style controls and more "improvements". Probably stuff like restarting missions instantly.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
If you look at the screenshots and videos it seems like the draw distance for people and cars isn't very far away :goog_unsure:

amigastar

They either can make the game shine with fun shooting mechanics or flop with old fashioned nonexisting ragdolls. I hope they go for the former.

Last edited:
Top Bottom