• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto VI Will Have Female Main Character for First Time In Series' History (scheduled for FY 2024/2023, taking place in Vice City)

Xeaker

200.webp

No thanks.

Lady Jane

Banned
GTA has gone to shit but I am quite curious how the hooker thing will work with a female protag. Or will it be cut? The more I think, the more questions I have. Will there be male prostitutes, chaperones, or anything?

You couldn't even engage with the prostitutes in RDR2 past some dialogue despite the setting having a more normalized proustite culture than any other R* game. It's likely that GTA V will be the last R* game where you can pay prostitutes.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Controversy aside the gta game are getting outdated

The hud, how we can interact with npc, building we can enter, the missions etc

Need major overhaul

Even game like cyberpunk 2077 and assasins creed valhala open world design are already better than gta

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
I really like this idea, hopefully it's a straight woman and not a lesbian trying to fuck girls. Nothing against that, just would like to play as a female with a female perspective in the crime world. Imagine you're in a mission and suddenly she has her period, funny and new scenarios is what this franchise need. We already had the stereotypical Latino, Italian, black, white etc etc.
female-prot-gta.png

Last edited:
I think the super detailed cities, fantastic soundtracks (well, other than 4) and the open world design with loads of neatly designed and emergent gameplay had a little something to do with it too, or it would have fallen by the wayside like loads of other "edgy" series did in the past,

The gameplay is shit though

Most people put up with it for the story and set pieces

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Controversy aside the gta game are getting outdated
The hud, how we can interact with npc, building we can enter, the missions etc
Need major overhaul
Even game like cyberpunk 2077 and assasins creed valhala open world design are already better than gta
What are you saying the game from like 10 years ago is dated!?!?!?!?!?!?

OMG better make a thread about it, maybe Kotaku will publish an article pinpointing how an old game is old.
You really are a genius having figured this out for us....we would have never known that an old game is old if you didnt point out how a ~10 year old game is getting dated.

Zatzuken

I worry about what a GTA game that isn’t made by a bunch of arseholes will be like humour wise.

Not bothered about the woman, hate the setting.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Oh there will be "punching down" but all the jokes will be about whites, rednecks and right wingers

We can pretty much bank money on the fact that any over the top jokes and making fun of will be geared towards the right, white men and the conservative culture.
hasn't that always been the group that GTA made fun of the most?
even as far back as GTA3 they were out here making fun of consumerism, rednecks, hustle culture, and overall just american culture- IV even took it to the extreme and straight up said "the american dream was a lie"
I'm just worried they'll take all of that actually constructive satire and dumb it down to "don't be racist" and "x group is too marginalized"

Heylon

So as not to offend weak ass snowflakes, guns have been replaced with water pistols and the game is a parody of water fights along Miami beach.

A female lead is all good, but trying to be 'gentler'....what a load of old shit. At least let me shoot people in the face for using the wrong pronouns.

If the prostitutes are non binary I aint using them.
Doubt there are any prostitutes at all this time around.

Lady Jane

Banned
I hardly doubt it that he was the only responsible for the whole writting in the game

Let's wait and see.

He was responsible on who gets to write. You're right, we can only wait and see. Though after Houser left, you can bet there was a lot of internal shakeup.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
What are you saying the game from like 10 years ago is dated!?!?!?!?!?!?

OMG better make a thread about it, maybe Kotaku will publish an article pinpointing how an old game is old.
You really are a genius having figured this out for us....we would have never known that an old game is old if you didnt point out how a ~10 year old game is getting dated.
Breathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Fatbody

I’m hoping they rip the far left and far right crowd, because I’m equally sick of both.

Fucking nut jobs that cry about everything.
Most likely the political/cultural criticism will primarily target the right. Maybe you’ll see some left criticism, but only for not being left enough.

This was only inevitable once senior level producers and management started to move on and the younger generation start to take the reins. It’s going to happen to all western developed video games in the next 5-10 years. All story-driven game premises and plots will resemble your typical shitlib streaming service show. It will kill the genre in the long run and then GaaS will gobble up the remnants.

K2D

Banned
I'm glad I checked out after San Andreas.
I have nothing but good memories of the GTA series, and I'll just keep it that way.
*sales pitch* You could apply that to every aspects of life! Games. Food. Sex. The world is your oyster!

The gameplay is shit though

Most people put up with it for the story and set pieces

the gameplay has always been a jack of all trades type deal that has had its deficiencies yeah, but the various side quests and random encounters in Rockstar games are still more engaging than most other titles and part of of why they're so popular.

Last edited:

Stafford

Character switching will work way better with 2 characters instead of 3 as well. I think the hook in VI will be an instant "go into multiplayer" button similar to how Burnout Paradise and Forza Horizon works.

That wouldn't be all that special though. But I guess I'm biased maybe since I couldn't give less of a fuck about GTA Online.

Lady Jane

Banned
That wouldn't be all that special though. But I guess I'm biased maybe since I couldn't give less of a fuck about GTA Online.

It would be huge for the GTAO community. By far, the largest complaint, are the loading screens for doing anything. And that community is what's making the money so expect their needs to be top priority for GTA VI. An instant "in/out multiplayer" button would be their favorite feature.

Last edited:

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
GTA6? Is that the bonus game mode that comes bundled with GTA Online 2?

Dinsey, Amazon, Netflix, etc. Tons of corporations with a lot of cash bend over backwards to please the Twitter crowds. Corporate America has decided that woke gives them the bigger ROI, I don't see why Rockstar would be any different

To be honest I don't have the data to be sure but one can assume and extrapolate from the sales data that the same people that purchased GTA ( multiple times) and spend the money on GTA online are not the same target (generally speaking) as say Disney, Amazon and Netflix. Money is the only metric that matters and I can't imagine that R* will homogenize its core for optics. Video Games have been made the villain for one reason or another for 25-30 plus years but until all the yelling from political pundits, twitter killers and cancel queens effect sales, I will dismiss them out of hand like Dorito dust.

I do believe folks are jumping the gun based on these reports and rumors or I would be playing Metroid Prime Remasted on my Switch Pro that I bought last year.

DeaDPo0L84

Years ago this would've simply been a change of the norm. But now this same change sends so many different red flags. I don't mind playing as a female protagonist but this along with some of the other information hints this won't be anything like previous GTA games which is a shame.

Jaybe

A Bonnie and Clyde take seems interesting. Glad they are reeling back down if the geographic scale being sought. Cautious on how they plan to monetize expanded locations and missions over time. Hope humour isn’t reduced to just jabs at rich people and politics.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Female protaganists can be awesome, if treated with respect for the female drive in a man's world (criminal/gang related).

If the new Rockstar Games doesn't have the balls to make fun of how absolutely braindead our world looks today, they should abandon the series and make retrospective games instead.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Yup as i predicted. Rockstar was next in line to fall pray for the pink haired mentallyill crowd. The AAA industry has become a pile of shit.
Way too soon for this judgement lets just wait and see how things unfold man

Last edited:
Top Bottom