• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto VI Will Have Female Main Character for First Time In Series' History (scheduled for FY 2024/2023, taking place in Vice City)

Ev1L AuRoN

As long as the game keep their edge and feel I can't care less if the protagonist is male or female, but I'm not gonna lie, we live in scary times, Rockstar has my trust, they have made masterpiece after masterpiece until now, I'm trusting them not to kill GTA with Woke garbage.

I bet it is Catalina. Her personality is already there so it would be easier to write
The thought crossed my mind, but that would limit the time period to either pre-1992, or the other protagonist would be claude, which frankly I would be pretty disappointed with.

Don't want a silent protag, and making him talk is an awful idea.

EDIT: 1992-2001 her and claude were pretty much Bonnie and Clyde though so who knows

Last edited:
There’s a reason why men are interested in GTA it’s a favorite game amongst men.
Games with female protags sell well. It's the ip that will sell it, not just the gender of the protagonist. If the game is well written and the game features elements people love in GTA it'll sell superb.

Did you came here wearing blinders or something?

Huh?

Last edited:

Begleiter

Sorry, but until there's a trailer this game doesn't exist and this is just the wishlist of some hopeless journo. They've lost some important talent over at Rockstar, even if the Housers are still there.

Wheres the outrage? lol

The usual anti woke sentiments.

GTA is dead.
Here it comes....

Woke Theft Auto VI: The quest for Gender Identity
The problem is not a female protagonist, it was getting rid of the "frat boy culture" for a "progressive" enviroment we all know what's stand for, and reinforcing that with the "transphobic jokes" removal in the next gen versions of GTA V.

Pack it up boys, this franchise is gone.

Sorry, but until there's a trailer this game doesn't exist and this is just the wishlist of some hopeless journo. They've lost some important talent over at Rockstar, even if the Housers are still there.
Jason Schreir reported it as well, and despite being a massive twat he is pretty solid at reporting this kind of thing

Unfortunately it's just "a" houser still there (sam) , and unfortunately it's not the more creative one(Dan) . Losing lazlow (radio/pedestrian/ads writing etc) is rough as well. People frequently mention benzies but he was one of the people pushing online the hardest we might have gotten dlc without him.

I don't understand the negative reactions. Considering GTA is a series that parodies itself, they will be careful to put out a MC that they can rip apart with stereotypes and not take any consequences for it.

Moses85

If this seems to be true

200.gif

Begleiter

Jason Schreir reported it as well, and despite being a massive twat he is pretty solid at reporting this kind of thing

Unfortunately it's just "a" houser still there (sam) , and unfortunately it's not the more creative one(Dan) . Losing lazlow (radio/pedestrian/ads writing etc) is rough as well. People frequently mention benzies but he was one of the people pushing online the hardest we might have gotten dlc without him.
That's worse than I remembered, haha. Goes some way to explaining why it's been nearly 10 years.

JayK47

Gamers Frustrated By New Female Grand Theft Auto Character Constantly Running Over Curbs

62e1b0ba5521362e1b0ba55214.jpg

NEW YORK CITY, NY — Rockstar Studios' upcoming Grand Theft Auto 6 has already created a splash with news that it will feature the series' first female Latina protagonist. However, gamers are reportedly wary following reports that the character constantly runs over curbs while racing through the fictional Vice City, making the game impossible to complete.

"This game is impossible!" wrote Gregory Gamépro in a scathing preview for gaming website Bit Wizdom. "In previous entries you might drive through a gas station or plow through pedestrians for fun, but now you can't even do that! Every time I try to run someone over the character flails her arms and drives into the curb. It's so boring!"

"It's more efficient to power walk around the city," he noted. "Hard to have a thrilling car chase when your character is more interested in getting her steps in."

Insiders within Rockstar Studios report that quality assurance testers have been unable to complete the game due to the character's inferior driving skills. The inclusion of a ticking biological clock has also added a layer of difficulty which reportedly detracts from the open world mayhem the series is known for.

Grand Theft Auto 6 is not expected to release for another two years, but is already behind schedule.

That's worse than I remembered, haha. Goes some way to explaining why it's been nearly 10 years.
Benzies left like right after gta 5 and the other two left two years after rdr 2 was released, so as writers may have been working on it even before that.

Hopefully they still have their imprint on the style at least if not dialog., because the "project americas" leak (confirmed by schrier) was before either one had left.

Still think the 10 years thing is overblown though, it was 8 between rdr 1 and 2, and that's without covid interfering

Crm114

All this info should make one thing clear, keep expectations extremely low and be prepared to even avoid the game altogether if they really make a mockery of the series.

Gambit2483

All this info should make one thing clear, keep expectations extremely low and be prepared to even avoid the game altogether if they really make a mockery of the series.
Rockstar is one of the dog-shittiest of dog-shit companies at the moment...Tempers (and expectations) are in check...

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yeah okay, "gentler company".

- You can now shoot to people on the sidewalk, run them over...but wait...now as a female!11!!1!!*
* Cosmetic items, custom emotes and other worthless shit sold separately, star

EDMIX

She’ll be a gangster. Not some big titty hoe.

Or maybe they can give you three females. The weak sexy one, the abby type, and the main tattoo’d one.

Could be, or they can make a return to those GTA SA concepts where you can be buff or skinny or fat etc

Could be, or they can make a return to those GTA SA concepts where you can be buff or skinny or fat etc
That's my thought.... Diet affects weight, bring back weight lifting mini games, have food affect weight and health

Add in the barber for whatever the fuck you want to do with your hair

Just have the face be attractive to work with, and off you go for whatever the fuck you want without the awkwardness of different facial models

Blue Apple

santanico pandemonium is not weak , in any case another latino actress that would be a good choice is eiza gonzalez

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6b6a53556f594c4d4c5a503531673d3d2d3938323135323732302e313634376534333961313033376638353832303332353038343930382e676966

Try to imagine someone like her pulling men out of cars and beating them up. It would look ridiculous. That's one of the reasons I'm worried about a female protagonist in GTA. I don't want it becoming some corny Saints Row type game.

kubricks

Absolutely fine with female protag, but please design her to be aesthetically pleasing in normal human standard. I literally have to look at her ass the whole game.
Oh, give her a believable back ground story too, don't design her with BS method like Blizzard inclusive chart.

AyyyLmao420

Banned
didnt know one piece of news could kill my hype for a game ive been waiting anxiously for for about 10 yrs but...here we are

Try to imagine someone like her pulling men out of cars and beating them up. It would look ridiculous. That's one of the reasons I'm worried about a female protagonist in GTA. I don't want it becoming some corny Saints Row type game.
Have a mission where she needs to carjack someone, gets fended off, need to buy brass knuckle, or she just caps someone's leg when carjacking instead of punching like the male

I know what you mean, and agree they shouldn't be two of the same character, but there are easy ways to work around it

AyyyLmao420

Banned
What’s with the revisionist history claiming the corny humor was the best thing about GTA? It was never that funny, and the best part was always the open world and attention to detail.
oh yeah your opinion is the holy word of god. It was never funny ever to anyone and nothing else mattered other than the openworld. Thanks for laying that all out for us

AyyyLmao420

Banned
The only question that really matters:

Do I still have to tap a button to run? Because if so, no thanks!
i wouldnt mind it so much if the controls werent so janky hanky ass cakes. Getting your character to walk up any set of stairs is harder than any fromsoftware boss battle

Last edited:

AyyyLmao420

Banned
Games with female protags sell well. It's the ip that will sell it, not just the gender of the protagonist. If the game is well written and the game features elements people love in GTA it'll sell superb.

Huh?
as long as it isnt the same old "badass wemin" trope that devs have been clinging too lately like its some groundbreaking thing than Im fine. Im more worried that now that dan and leslie are gone, R* will turn into just another AAA company with little to no creativity

Absolutely fine with female protag, but please design her to be aesthetically pleasing in normal human standard. I literally have to look at her ass the whole game.
Oh, give her a believable back ground story too, don't design her with BS method like Blizzard inclusive chart.

A misandrist who’s pissed off at her father Lazlow

Top Bottom