• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto VI Will Have Female Main Character for First Time In Series' History (scheduled for FY 2024/2023, taking place in Vice City)

MMaRsu

Banned
Jason Schreir reported it as well, and despite being a massive twat he is pretty solid at reporting this kind of thing

Unfortunately it's just "a" houser still there (sam) , and unfortunately it's not the more creative one(Dan) . Losing lazlow (radio/pedestrian/ads writing etc) is rough as well. People frequently mention benzies but he was one of the people pushing online the hardest we might have gotten dlc without him.

Without him we wouldnt have rdr2 though. Hr fixed that mess of development

Without him we wouldnt have rdr2 though. Hr fixed that mess of development
How do you figure? He wasn't there for most of its development lol

He was fired January 2016, but he was on sabbatical from September 2014 until then

He was only actively working for 1 year after gta 5 lol

That's the reason he pushed gta online so hard in conference calls and what the 150 million lawsuit was about, he had points in gta 5 revenue and wanted to get his continuing revenue stream

His upcoming game is going to practically be focused on micro transactions, he's an asshole

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Sorry I meant Red Dead Redemption 1

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/red-dead-redemption-development-nightmare-leslie-benzies-took-over

Benzies is being described as “Rockstar’s troubleshooter on non-GTA games,” where he was responsible for resurrecting and turning around a number of the publisher’s troubled projects. One of these is Red Dead Redemption, a title that was developed internally at Rockstar. Other projects were created by third-party developers. While these projects were overseen by the Houser brothers, they weren’t making good progress until Benzies stepped in.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
I don't know why any of you even expected anything different. In the current social climate, there is no place for games like Grand Theft Auto anymore, the cancel culture for anything too Trevor is strong.

It is what it is.

MMaRsu

Banned
I don't know why any of you even expected anything different. In the current social climate, there is no place for games like Grand Theft Auto anymore, the cancel culture for anything too Trevor is strong.

It is what it is.
These are just rumors. Red Dead Redemption 2 has some despicable characters, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I feel like Rockstar has deserved that.

Heylon

These are just rumors. Red Dead Redemption 2 has some despicable characters, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I feel like Rockstar has deserved that.
Red Dead 2 was written by Rockstar’s best writers and core staff at the time, though, They’ve all left now.

mckmas8808

Banned
Well for me it depends how th female character is portrayed (check my post at the top).
I think it would be cool if we got like someone else said, the baddie female from the Dredd movie. Or a female marine coming back from a mulit year tour of duty abroad. Or even a Walter White style characer where we get a pretty straight down the middle housewife style characeter who gets into crime for reasons. I could find those intersting. Any of this blue haired woke nonsense, well i'm out.

I don't think it's even possible to make a character like the bolded interesting. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I don't think it's even possible to make a character like the bolded interesting. So I wouldn't worry about that.
Coming through
Jinx_0.jpg

hussar16

It is what it is.
its not what it is.its ppl like u who make it what it is because u dont stand up for urself

its not what it is.its ppl like u who make it what it is because u dont stand up for urself

People DO stand up against this shit. Doesn’t mean anything when the entire gaming “journalism” sphere is being controlled by ideological cunts who demonize and claim that anyone who is against it is some form of -ist/-phobe.

"Kinder, gentler" pffft, except to modders that spent a decade+, doing what Suckstar didn't bother (and probably never will). Just recently learned R and T2 are not solely to blame though.

Back in the day, I was hoping for someone like Tracey (De Santa) being the next protagonist (this was before DLC cancellation).

Top Bottom