• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls: Legend of the Gnome Gemulets announced for 3DS (UbiArt)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This actually looks good... I think this is the first Ubi 3DS game I'm looking forward to.

The other question I have is...why did Ubisoft suddenly come back on 3DS after being absent for quite some time? And I mean with something that resembles a decent effort.
You know why.... NX is coming and right now is the time to suck up again of you wanna be part of Nintendo's inner circle regarding the launch lol.

shaowebb

Dipper's Iconic Cap confirmed Collectors Edition Pre Order bonus
81gqVYSrKeL._UX385_.jpg

Day-1

Well damn, didnt expect them to actually use UbiArt
Hope it comes to something else at some point, UbiArt games on 3DS look like blurry jpegs but Ill still pick this up
This is from the ground up for 3DS. Rayman Origins was a port by Ubiosoft Bucharest...this will look and perform better than Rayman.

Dipper's Iconic Cap confirmed Collectors Edition Pre Order bonus
81gqVYSrKeL._UX385_.jpg

Where was this in the PR?

Anyways, looks great and can't wait to pick this up (this is the Rayman engine, right?)

Kinda disappointing that the other characters seem to be only background only (could have called that for Wendy of course, but surprised that Stan and Soos seem to be wedged in that role too)

Sesha

Of course it's a fucking platformer.

Still, day zero. That UbiArt. Looks like Elyse Willems got her wish, just not at E3.

Tomita

WANT A FUCKING DIPPER HAT

Cautiously optimistic about this. I mean, it says Alex Hirsh tried to help on it, but on the other hand, it's a licensed game...

There's like three games coming out in the fall that I want already, so I have no problem waiting for reviews. Really hope it's good. Dat grappling hook.

DNAbro

Where was this in the PR?

Anyways, looks great and can't wait to pick this up (this is the Rayman engine, right?)

Kinda disappointing that the other characters seem to be only background only (could have called that for Wendy of course, but surprised that Stan and Soos seem to be wedged in that role too)

i think they were joking

RK128

Wow, didn't not expect the Ubi-Art engine to be use for a TV Show-tie in game :D!

I wonder if this means the Rayman Team is on this project and if they are, we are in for a really high-quality game.

Interesting that this is 3DS-only, as the Ubi-Art Engine as only been used once on the console (Rayman Origins 3DS), so I guess this means that the engine can have improvements over that (which wasn't the best version of the game).

I wonder what creative ways they can play with the bottom touch screen in making fun puzzles and how they incoprorate the world of Gravity Falls into a 2D action/platformer :).

Looking forward to hearing more about this and hopefully this means the Ubi-Art engine will have even more use in the future :D.

Takao

Banned
How long until they delay it to port to other systems?

If this turns out well, it wouldn't surprise me to see it wind up on other platforms as a digital release next spring. That seems to be the western handheld game MO this gen.

Etzer

That looks a lot better than I was expecting! I'm really surprised this is UbiArt. I look forward to seeing more of the game.

Edit: That image does not instill confidence. We'll see, I guess.

Disney having a deal with Nintendo makes sense, even more if the rumors are true and they are courting them for a Mickey x Mario game/movie/everything

Looks promising. I'm torn though. One hand, it's a UbiArt platformer using a show that I love. On the other hand, it IS a video game tie-in. I'm really torn between pre-ordering and avoiding this game, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

GRAPPLING HOOK YEAH!!!!

RK128

we don't have dudebro 2 yet
please don't start something that will inspire dudebro 4

From the little I saw online of the Smurf's games, they are WayForward licences titles that are okay-ish 2D platforms (I'm guessing they made the console versions only), so I would guess that the DS games are direct ports of the console version. If so, decent/okay-ish games.

The Petz games are Nintendogs clones if I remember correctly, so nothing bad but nothing amazing either :l.

But hold on, I know that Pets was at least not primarily by Ubi Osaka, because they were developed and published by MTO in Japan YEARS ago, however, they DO mention Pets in the copyright in Japan, I knew these two were one and the same when the Pets games were listed for years in Nintendo's release lists.

Same with Smurfs, were those not by Wayforward perhaps? I know the first was by Land Ho on Wii as a dance game and Wayforward did the console versions of Smurfs 2. And aren't the Just Dance Kids line also by Land Ho?

If anything, Ubi Osaka assisted, but not designed the games. This may be their rare solo game.

Illucio

Banned
B-but grappling hook?!

It has the grappling hook it can't be all bad right? Right?

*Takes away the grappling hook*

Hello I'm part of the super secret and scary video game government, based on this information I can assure you that *ahem* It is all that bad, and you should run away because of TERROR.

*Ahem*

As part of our jurisdiction, we will allow this game to be called good only if it receives fair review scores only then will we pressure you to buy this game. Thank you for you're time for reading this today, and remember. NO ONE SHOULD KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CONVERSATION WE HAVE, not even you!

neuralizer.png

Top Bottom