• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls: LOTGG (3DS) |OT| Well, who wants a lamby, lamby, lamby...in 3D?

Separate post, but game's definetely great.

e7NClNr.jpg

Not only they captured everything from the show (well, except voice acting), but it is a fun 2D platformer. Really glad I (finally) got this.

Good to hear! Please post as much as you guys wish

Hell, at this point, I think NeoGAF advertised this game more than Disney or Ubisoft did.

Tizoc

I play this game in short bursts, like i finish a stage then stop playing ang continue on the next day.
Still enjoy it though :3

Tomita

FYI this is a "Black Friday" item on Amazon for the 28th at 3:55 PM (PST...?).
Is it still "Black Friday" when it's on a Saturday?
No idea what the price will be, but if it's cheap enough I might buy it...budget's kinda tight though, heh.

But I really appreciate the reviews in here, guys, and as a big GF fan I feel obligated to buy this, even if it's later down the road. Kinda sucks about the blurred graphics, though.

So I played a little more than an hour of this and I'm actually having a good bit of fun. The game looks pretty good, though characters can look a little blurry especially when the camera zooms out. As a huge fan of the show I'm loving all of the detail in the environments. Lots of throwbacks to certain episodes (Gobblewonker, dinosaurs in the tree sap, etc)

Also I haven't seen any hint or mention of Bill, Lil Gideon, or certain other major things that have happened in season two. Not sure if any of that will pop up later though I'm guessing not.

If you pay attention to the dialogue of characters in the center of town, the game seems to indicate it takes place after "Northwest Manor Mystery" but before "Not What He Seems." This is evidenced by both
Mabel and Pacifica talking about Dipper and Pacifica hugging at her mansion.

If you pay attention to the dialogue of characters in the center of town, the game seems to indicate it takes place after "Northwest Manor Mystery" but before "Not What He Seems." This is evidenced by both
Mabel and Pacifica talking about Dipper and Pacifica hugging at her mansion.

Robbie also makes reference of his new girlfriend (Tambry) while I think Stan talks about the balloon from the Love God, so it's definitely season two.

Robbie also makes reference of his new girlfriend (Tambry) while I think Stan talks about the balloon from the Love God, so it's definitely season two.

Indeed, It seemingly covers up to mid-season two before the appearance of
Ford
. This was probably a conscious decision, as after that point the storyline of the series is mostly on rails. The Love God and Northwest Manor Mystery seem to be the most recent episodes referenced in the game, and based on the series timeline it stands to reason this game would be a side story before the final arc began.

Indeed, It seemingly covers up to mid-season two before the appearance of
Ford
. This was probably a conscious decision, as after that point the storyline of the series is mostly on rails. The Love God and Northwest Manor Mystery seem to be the most recent episodes referenced in the game, and based on the series timeline it stands to reason this game would be a side story before the final arc began.

I can only hope that after the series concludes, they can use new games to keep the story going a bit longer (as long as they don't drive it into the ground a la God of War style)

Compsiox

Banned
Stinks that this OT is kinda dead.

People seem to be liking the game. Ill definitely be getting it. I would take the $15 target deal if it wasn't out of stock near me.

Stinks that this OT is kinda dead.

People seem to be liking the game. Ill definitely be getting it. I would take the $15 target deal if it wasn't out of stock near me.

If it helps, TRU has it for $20

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=68824026&eESource=CA_DF:68824026:TRUS

Then, another $5 off using promo code "5OFF3DS". (Thank CAG for the code!)

Yeah, I gave it the old college try with this OT. There was little to work with, press wise, so I had to make do with what I had. Plus, add to the fact that the game's release was actually bumped up a few weeks, so I had to make a hasty one ASAP. That's why it's not as fancy as the Season 2 OT or the MMLC one I did earlier.

But hey, it is serving its purpose. Little by little, people are coming across it, and discovering it's a decent little game. I can only hope it's enough sales wise to to warrant a sequel (or at least, ports).

Like I said earlier, I think we advised this game here on NeoGAF more than fucking Disney or Ubisoft did overall. Almost a month later, and I have yet to see an American press review of this game! (Shakes head in dismay)

I can only hope that after the series concludes, they can use new games to keep the story going a bit longer (as long as they don't drive it into the ground a la God of War style)

I think GF would make a great universe for TellTale to work in.

As for the main series, while Alex Hirsch undoubtedly wants to do other things, I can't help but think he'll probably revisit GF down the road--like either with a TV movie or a miniseries. It's very popular and no matter how the series ends, there are still other stories to tell (likely before the series proper, but potentially afterward depending on how it ends).

Tomita

Okay, can confirm (unless amazon is lying to me) that the deal will come up at 1:24 PM PST today. Still dunno the price though.

And yeah, I feel like Hirsh wouldn't mind helping out on another video game attempt and make it extra special, as it sounds like he really digs video games and would probably love a "proper" Gravity Falls game. Assuming there's a chance we could get another game...

PensOwl

Banned
I'm pretty sure Hirsch tweeted out something about it not being over for the Pines family even though Gravity Falls was over. Of course it could have been just thrown out there to mollify the rabid fanbase :p

Top Bottom