• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls S2 |OT| Mysteries, tall gingers & endless sweaters (series finale 2/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucker

Jason Ritter is such a dang good dude. Dressing up as Dipper and hanging out with the fandom while they wait for a chick to drive to a post office.

aravuus

Somehow hadn't realized the show actually ended earlier this year. Now I'm kind of equally bummed out and excited - excited since I'll get to see the ending, bummed out since.. Well, no more Gravity Falls lol.

Gonna rewatch season 2 over the weekend.

Psxphile

Time for an update, as things are starting to pick up again. As you might have surmised the last few days have been spent working on that giant jigsaw puzzle that was found in the P.O. box.

Day 4 Summary
Day 5 Summary
Day 6 Summary

A digital version of the puzzle was also set up to solve by doling out pieces of the larger jigsaw puzzle: multiple people have to piece different parts together for the whole. Wasn't long until it was completed in full long before the real one but Alex made it known that he would release the full Gravity Falls pilot animation if the physical puzzle is finished.

However, one intrepid online sleuther only needed part of the complete clue to figure out that the next clue could be found in the base of a garden gnome over in Oregon:
CoRLpbLVIAADGSL.jpg

CoRLpawVMAEWz24.jpg
Source

With this next clue it was determined that Confusion Hill in California was the site to visit, a real Mystery Shack:

Oddly enough, when people visited the site they found the eyeball jar they needed had already been passed to someone else! They even guessed the needed password correctly! Fortunately, it wouldn't be long until the person in question revealed herself and the chase was on again:

source

Looks like it's back to Oregon!

EDIT: several search teams have converged in and around Stanley St. in Amity, Oregon. After a bit one team apparently found the clue...

... and LOST IT.

RkTNYfb.png

It was a bolt they loosened from a pole. Seems they didn't realize it was the right one and stashed it as they continued looking, only to realize it had gone missing 20 minutes later. Now they're retracing their steps to see where it might have been dropped. Sad.

EDIT: documented
EDIT: Bolt found, clue has been found by unscrewing the bolt top:

CoUlx1XUsAIFkF2.jpg

Periscope archive

ROGER TOFTE KNOWS THE PLACE
BEHIND A SIGN BURIED AT THE BASE
NEAR PA'S LAUNDRY AT THE HILL
"HERE LIE THE BONES OF A MAN NAMED BILL"

All signs point to Enchanted Forest over in Salem.

EDIT: gravesite already found!

EDIT: wasn't even very deep

CoUy3QUUIAAkyYO.jpg

CoUtOvVXEAEVRYF.jpg

RETURN TO WHERE IT ALL BEGAN
FINAL PIECE IS IN YOUR HAND
THE PARCHMENT CAN BE SUCH A TEASE
THE ANSWERS WRITTEN IN THE TREES

This is it. Is it referring to the original image Alex uploaded that started all this?

EDIT: FUCK

Is it part of a map?

EDIT: FUUUUCK

Portman

From what I heard, (trying to avoid spoilers) there is...

Great, now I feel bad for getting rid of my blacklight years ago. (Never did use it on the Bioshock 2 posters either...) Hopefully my Dad still has it so I can comb over the book with it otherwise I'll have to ask about what is hidden.

Journal has arrived too or at least it's in the box. Late night movie so I'm hitting the bed but I'll dive in tomorrow.

Well, god damn. Hirsch was right when he mentioned that Dipper's and Mabel's names have some relation.
(Source: Reddit)

Now that I think about it... IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE

Fix spoiler please. Can see on mobile.

But with that said, how do you see a relation between the names?

Just finished season 1. LOVE IT! Mabel is the best. Grunkle Stan is pretty awesome too.

Gonna binge season 2 with my Girlfriend later in August. :)

How's the 3DS game? Worth playing? Would it spoil anything?

wbEMX

Fix spoiler please. Can see on mobile.

But with that said, how do you see a relation between the names?

Oooooh, that's just great. Didn't know that, sorry. Oh and, about the relation part:
Hirsch said in "Between The Pines" that Dippers name (Mason) is pretty similar to Mabel's. Oh, and Mason being a reference to the Freemasons is also pretty cool.

Oooooh, that's just great. Didn't know that, sorry. Oh and, about the relation part:
Hirsch said in "Between The Pines" that Dippers name (Mason) is pretty similar to Mabel's. Oh, and Mason being a reference to the Freemasons is also pretty cool.

It's cool. Sister was buying this for birthday this week, but I bet there's a billion other averts, right?

Just finished reading through my copy. Definitely worth it. Gives some fun insight and full of content. Gonna have to revisit it another time and decipher some of the secrets here.

jonno394

Watched this show over the past 3-4 weeks, and instantly fell in love with it. Sad to say goodbye to the town and characters. FInal 3 episodes were fantastic fun, and the ending was really bittersweet.

Now to dive in to the Journal!

Etzer

I know I'm many months late, but I finally finished watching this on Hulu. I kind of fell off during one of the hiatuses.

One part of the finale that really stood out to me was when the twins say their goodbyes. Mabel says that it's "time to grow up" and Dipper adds, "but not too much". Says a lot about how each of them developed over the course of the series.

I'm going to miss to miss this show so much. :/

NR1

Good news for this, guys. Amazon now has the reserve at $90 versus $150, and its been expanded pass a print run of 1000 copies...

Nice book! Tempting, but I need to put more thought into investing into something like this.

I'd much rather get news of a sweet blu-ray set...

bengraven

Okay so the kid and I binged this and fucking lived it.

Got the Disney infinity background power dismiss. Got the book. Stuffed Bill on its way.

But I'm dying here:

What's the deal with Shermy Pines?

Okay so the kid and I binged this and fucking lived it.

Got the Disney infinity background power dismiss. Got the book. Stuffed Bill on its way.

But I'm dying here:

What's the deal with Shermy Pines?

Hello! Sure, its after the show, but all is welcome to GF-GAF! (Even though I think most jumped to Star-GAF)

Anyways, about Shermy - the only other mention I can think of is at the end of the 3DS game (a nice little Rayman clone if you and your little one digs that) but again, it's another cliffhanger thing. I don't think journal 3 mentioned him at all.

If you don't mind me asking, what Disney Infinty background power dismiss?

Also, the only other merch keep an eye out for is Vinyl Pops coming soon...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
And here I was hoping the push would be good news.

On the one hand, I despise pop figures with an intensity unseen by modern man.
On the other hand, this may be the only time I could get a figure of Captain Underpants.

Decisions, decisions.

I get you. I usually hate those things, but I admit I have a few of the Megaman and Scott Pilgrim ones. I'll definitely get a Dipper
and eventually Wendy, heaven willing...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Nope, that doesn't do the trick. I hate Funko Pops.

Afa

Got a bday present one time of my favorite Disney characters and was so excited, then I open it and saw it was Funko Pop.. "oohh....."

I'll probably get a Stan/Bill, but mostly to support the shows merchandise. I'm still a little bit salty over Disney Infinity getting canned before we ever got something from GF in it.

Oddduck

Aww...no Wendy. I'll grab Dipper and Mable.

I usually hate Funko Pops, but this might be the first time that I buy any. Just to show support for Gravity Falls.

Impotaku

Good news for this, guys. Amazon now has the reserve at $90 versus $150, and its been expanded pass a print run of 1000 copies...

Got all excited and clicked the amazon.com link to find it was unavailable, i then on the off chance decided to check my local amazon.uk and bam they had copies for preorder and even cheaper.

Always wanted a copy of the journal that was as close to the real thing as possible, while it's expensive, it's also something that will most likely not get reprinted again as a special edition like this. It's either dive in now and absorb the price at release. Or pay 10 times the amount from a reseller later on, i have seen this pattern happen so many times.

Remember looking for western animated shows and this been recommended, dived in and been really suprised at how good it is as i thought Dipper & Mabel would be super annoying but they grow on you really fast and have a great relationship. Ended up been one of my most enjoyed shows, love all the hidden clues and the satisfying ending to the whole thing. As much as i'd like to see more i'm more than happy on how it ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom