• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush movie in the works at PlayStation Productions

Draugoth

Gold Member
Faxx6eTX0A4SgIv

https://deadline.com/2022/08/gravit...laystation-productions-scott-free-1235095686/

EXCLUSIVE: PlayStation Productions and Scott Free Productions have launched development on Gravity Rush—a film based on the 2012 action-adventure video game of the same name, which Anna Mastro (Secret Society of Second Born Royals) is attached to direct from a script by Emily Jerome (Panopticon).

The open-world PlayStation Vita game developed by Japan Studio’s Project Siren and published worldwide by Sony Computer Entertainment has players controlling Kat, an amnesiac with the ability to manipulate gravity, who uses her powers to defend the floating community of Hekseville from gravity storms, and the mysterious race of monsters known as the Nevi.

It’s not yet clear who will produce the Gravity Rush film. And while PlayStation Productions falls under the Sony umbrella, it’s similarly unclear whether the pic will be distributed by the studio.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
I know a certain user on here won't be happy with Jim Ryan about this 😂

https://deadline.com/2022/08/gravit...laystation-productions-scott-free-1235095686/

EXCLUSIVE: PlayStation Productions and Scott Free Productions have launched development on Gravity Rush—a film based on the 2012 action-adventure video game of the same name, which Anna Mastro (Secret Society of Second Born Royals) is attached to direct from a script by Emily Jerome (Panopticon).

The open-world PlayStation Vita game developed by Japan Studio’s Project Siren and published worldwide by Sony Computer Entertainment has players controlling Kat, an amnesiac with the ability to manipulate gravity, who uses her powers to defend the floating community of Hekseville from gravity storms, and the mysterious race of monsters known as the Nevi

Last edited:
I guess every Sony IP is going to be a movie. I'll save you guys the trouble of new threads.

• Puppeteer is coming to Apple+, directed by Owen Wilson.
  • Warhawk is going straight to DVD, starring Jean Claude Van Damme.
  • Tom Holland has first viewing rights on the script of Sackboy: Yarn Barn, apparently being written by Amy Hennig
  • Chris Pratt is set to star in MLB: The Show: The Movie 2025

SilentUser

This is actually cool, love me some Kat and all the universe of Gravity Rush. Now, make a brand new title for PS5, Sony!

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I know a certain user on here won't be happy with Jim Ryan about this 😂

The open-world PlayStation Vita game developed by Japan Studio’s Project Siren and published worldwide by Sony Computer Entertainment has players controlling Kat, an amnesiac with the ability to manipulate gravity, who uses her powers to defend the floating community of Hekseville from gravity storms, and the mysterious race of monsters known as the Nevi

ytDK7VL.png

Hehehehehe.

I think I'll make my peace with Jim Ryan. But also an animated television series I want.

Gravity Rush is by far my favorite Sony IP. If it's live action, I'm pretty skeptical but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it.

RCU005

Animated movie or live action?

Former, awesome! Latter, not so much.

What ever it takes to revive the franchise though. Although a live action would bury it 😔

Fbh

I really hope it's animated.

Also the people in charge don't exactly inspire confidence. One has directed a bunch of mostly "meh" stuff. The other has literally 1 thing credited to her on IMDB and it's not even out yet

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don’t know how would Gravity Rush work as live action, I rather see anime movie thats done either by Wit Studio or BONES.

SSfox

More movies than games since the Jim and Hermen Leaderchip, and even the games not all are exciting.

It's really weird, you would think devs the more they sell, the more money they get, the better games they will make, but it's actually quite opposite, EA, Acti, Rockstar and now Sony.

Top Bottom