• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush movie in the works at PlayStation Productions

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

tumblr_pi78ycdEwu1rlvg1ro1_1280.jpg

4eb915074719ce438ed17bb1461f8424.jpg

If it's live action, characterizing Kat is a bit complicated, which candidate would be ideal?

Great news, I hope they go through with it. I always thought it would make a great anime. The world is so unique and Kat is a great character.

Also, if you're casting some voluptuous woman as Kat, you're missing the point lol.

Last edited:

Pejo

You don't.
The only similarity she has wit Kat (the character) is brown skin. She's got resting bitch face and I don't believe for a minute that she could pull off a lovable goof character. If Kat becomes a snarky edgelord or an indifferent permanently annoyed character, then I could see it.

The only similarity she has wit Kat (the character) is brown skin. She's got resting bitch face and I don't believe for a minute that she could pull off a lovable goof character. If Kat becomes a snarky edgelord or an indifferent permanently annoyed character, then I could see it.
You're thinking about things too directly. So much so that you will get blindsided and be upset when she gets casted. Expecting her to act like MJ when she gets the role will be the fault of the director if it happens.

It's one of the reasons why Tom Holland seemed like such a bad fit for the Uncharted movie, even though he has range. They directed him to act like Spiderman again with the only difference of him being allowed to use curse words.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't believe for a minute that she could pull off a lovable goof character.
in my opinion Kat's personality even her design just doesn't translate well in live action, same way with Luffy in One Piece.

Last edited:
Top Bottom