• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Group of Monkeys Kill Over 250 Dogs for 'Revenge' in Indian Town

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Group of Monkeys Kill Over 250 Dogs for 'Revenge' in Indian Town (msn.com)

AARVBfV.img

"A group of monkeys in a small town in India took "revenge" on the local dog population this month by throwing them off of the top of tall buildings and trees. It is reported that the monkeys have killed about 250 pups in the process and are now targeting villagers.

The monkeys, located in Majalgaon, India started the rampage after some of the dogs allegedly killed an infant monkey. News18 reported that when the monkeys see a dog approach, they catch them and throw them from a significant height to the ground.

In the neighboring village of Lavool the monkeys have fully eradicated all of the dogs"

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Group of Monkeys Kill Over 250 Dogs for 'Revenge' in Indian Town (msn.com)

AARVBfV.img

"A group of monkeys in a small town in India took "revenge" on the local dog population this month by throwing them off of the top of tall buildings and trees. It is reported that the monkeys have killed about 250 pups in the process and are now targeting villagers.

The monkeys, located in Majalgaon, India started the rampage after some of the dogs allegedly killed an infant monkey. News18 reported that when the monkeys see a dog approach, they catch them and throw them from a significant height to the ground.

In the neighboring village of Lavool the monkeys have fully eradicated all of the dogs"

I don't want to be that guy, but

Nothing screams third world like a PSA about needing to lock your doors so the horde of bloodthirsty monkeys don't toss your infant off of a building.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't want to be that guy, but

Nothing screams third world like a PSA about needing to lock your doors so the horde of bloodthirsty monkeys don't toss your infant off of a building.
I agree.

I'll get the occasional raccoon or skunk on the front lawn or backyard, but thats it. Biggest thread was a skunk maybe 15 ft away from me and I was on my out to go somewhere. Wasnt sure how the skunk would react. I just walked by and got into my car and it didnt give one shit I was there.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I agree.

I'll get the occasional raccoon or skunk on the front lawn or backyard, but thats it. Biggest thread was a skunk maybe 15 ft away from me and I was on my out to go somewhere. Wasnt sure how the skunk would react. I just walked by and got into my car and it didnt give one shit I was there.

I've had the odd group of deer wander past my back yard, but no dog murdering monkeys.

Tschumi

Look... All around the globe introduced species have been catastrophic. Granted, dogs aren't the clearest example in this, I'd prefer it if they killed all the bird massacring cats, but I'm always going to root for the native species exacting revenge for a thoughtless and tragic act like a baby monkey being killed.

Sure, 250 is a lot, but they could mostly be strays anyway.

Humans kill a sight more than 250 dogs a day... Mostly because young fools get sick of their impulse buy puppies once they grow up

YCoCg

How can people be all like "haha third world stuff" when America is dealing with the great threat of 30-50 Feral Hogs roaming around?

ParaSeoul

How can people be all like "haha third world stuff" when America is dealing with the great threat of 30-50 Feral Hogs roaming around?

To be fair parts of the US might as well be the third world

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Look... All around the globe introduced species have been catastrophic. Granted, dogs aren't the clearest example in this, I'd prefer it if they killed all the bird massacring cats, but I'm always going to root for the native species exacting revenge for a thoughtless and tragic act like a baby monkey being killed.

Sure, 250 is a lot, but they could mostly be strays anyway.

Humans kill a sight more than 250 dogs a day... Mostly because young fools get sick of their impulse buy puppies once they grow up

Jesus. You would like to see them kill 250 cats?? Do you kill cats in your spare time?

I agree cats are damaging to the ecosystem, but they're just following their basic instincts. They're predators and will seek out to kill anything smaller than them. You can't blame the cat for that. Blame owners who let their cats roam the streets, or fail to put a bell on the cat's collar.

In this case, you're blaming the dog for a "thoughtless act", but again the dog is a predator and will kill anything it deems as prey. That's not the dogs fault. It was just a shame in this case that the prey was a baby monkey, but that's nature.

Ownage

Just another day with the police.

Tschumi

Jesus. You would like to see them kill 250 cats?? Do you kill cats in your spare time?

I agree cats are damaging to the ecosystem, but they're just following their basic instincts. They're predators and will seek out to kill anything smaller than them. You can't blame the cat for that. Blame owners who let their cats roam the streets, or fail to put a bell on the cat's collar.

In this case, you're blaming the dog for a "thoughtless act", but again the dog is a predator and will kill anything it deems as prey. That's not the dogs fault. It was just a shame in this case that the prey was a baby monkey, but that's nature.
Your points are fair, i guess i was taking the 250 too much in the abstract.. i think cats are worse for native populations than dogs.. no i wouldn't cheer 250 of them being killed

I may have written that post whilst taking a dump.

Top Bottom