• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas remasters coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Same ol G

I just read this article and it's in dutch but it states that 3, vice and sa are getting a remaster.
Take this with a grain of salt but the outlet is not one to spread rumors.

Google translate:
'GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas'
GTA Remastered Trilogy will be released later this year, also on Nintendo Switch
Image © Rockstar Games
Rockstar Games was set to release remastered versions of GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas later this year for a number of systems, including the Nintendo Switch.

That's what insiders say to Kotaku. All three classic GTA games from 2001, 2002 and 2004 are graphically modernized with the Unreal Engine. It would be a 'mix of old and new graphics'. Presumably the game will be released for all major platforms. Appearance on Nintendo Switch is striking: major GTA titles did not appear on Nintendo consoles.

A source who has glimpsed the games from "a classic GTA game with lots of mods." Fans have been making future mods for years, self-built things to games to make them more beautiful, for example, by adding completely new ones to existing games. This mainly happens with the PC versions of games, because game consoles are much more closed off.

There have been rumors for months about the arrival of remastered versions of older GTA games. Those rumors were fueled when Rockstar parent company Take Two recently took users' existing GTA mods offline. A few days ago, Take Two said it would invest in three "versions of previously released titles."

Earlier this year it was announced that GTA V and GTA Online will be released this fall for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S, also with better graphics than on announced game consoles.

GTA 6
A new game in the popular GTA series is rumored to be a little later. GTA 6 would appear in 2024 or replay in Vice City in 2025.

Last edited:

Marty-McFly

Banned
I have a hard time believing GTA will ever come to Switch.

The first 3 are slightly more plausible though, but GTAV is no bueno.

I believe there are deals in place prohibiting it but I should save that for the controversial gaming opinions thread. :messenger_winking:

Last edited:

Same ol G

I have a hard time believing GTA will ever come to Switch.

The first 3 are slightly more plausible though, but GTAV is no bueno.

I believe there are deals in place prohibiting it but I should save that for the controversial gaming opinions thread. :messenger_winking:
Yeah they didn't say 5 was coming this is about the PS2 trilogy.
Also Nintendo consoles did get GTA on the GB, GBA and Nintendo DS, it's not like they never made a game for Nintendo before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom