• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5 Sold 5 Million Copies Last Quarter, Total sales now at 165 Million

Laptop1991

There will never be a GTA 6 at this rate, even though they have announced it!, i played it on PC, 7 years ago now, and that was 18 months after it came out on the consoles, glad SR is coming out in a few months, it's a little bit similar lol.

DaGwaphics

I don’t really have words to describe this news. The only thing that makes sense is Take-Two is sending robbers into peoples homes, and they’re stealing peoples copies of GTA 5. Forcing them to buy the game again.

I'm sure the paid upgrade for Series/PS5 helped give them a boost. People just really love this one I guess.

Was the campaign any good?

Didn't someone report on Mario Kart 8 selling something silly last year as well? There are some games that become timeless classics and just keep selling. Its pretty wild.
It really is crazy how some games seem to just print money forever.

Looking at a list of the best selling games of all time is pretty interesting. Especially with MS acquiring Activision.

The list of top selling games will consist almost entirely of Nintendo, MS, and TT games. Two console manufacturers with Mario, Minecraft, and CoD. and TT with GTA. That's pretty crazy.

Top Bottom