• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 Aiming To Be "Something You've Never Seen Before," Take-Two Boss Says

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
gta-next-gen-2-1280x718.jpg

Appearing on the Aarthi and Sriram Show, Zelnick said Rockstar always has to find a way to deliver something no one has ever seen before, and that isn't easy.

"I think that's the challenge that the folks at Rockstar face every time that there is a new iteration of Grand Theft Auto. It needs to be something you've never seen before," Zelnick said (via VGC). "And it needs to reflect the feeling that we have about Grand Theft Auto--that's a big challenge for the team. Rockstar's answer is seek perfection. Seek nothing short of perfection, and we'll get there."

Zelnick also spoke at length about his upbringing, his passion for fitness, and his career path that led him to Take-Two. It's a great deep-dive interview with some fascinating insights.

Zelnick didn't give away any specifics on GTA 6, though, which was to be expected considering Take-Two is known to let Rockstar Games handle its own messaging and announcements.

NinjaBoiX

It’s probably going to be something I’ve seen 5 times before..
And I bet you can’t wait for it, yeah? Just like the rest of us, it’s going to be another meticulously crafted open world crime game, and it’s almost certain to be outstanding.

But why do these corporate mouthpieces feel the need to fluff up the already fluffed with hollow buzzwords?

It’s going to be a newer, shinier, more impressive GTA game, and we’re all here for it.

But don’t pretend it’s going to be some paradigm shifting experience…🙄

Yoboman

Stop focusing on the irrelevent shit like NPCs having day night cyclesnand build out the good shit

I loved RDR2s dynamic NPC side quests that popped up, build that out. Make unique characters and way more of them ..

Go full RPG and give us dialogue trees so we can shape the conversation and play the story how we want. At least in the open world sand box area. The left/right dpad responses for nice or mean is just too shallow

Lokaum D+

Woke fest GTA, no car theft, no killing, no badwords, just stealth missions and positive messages.

Dont forget the college loans ( but Saints already did this )

If its not this i probably had seen already

Last edited:

xX4thmanXx

Neo Member
Just dont have constant mobile phone screens popping up with ridiculous Tik Tok like videos and emojis coming out my arse when I just want to walk around. And please dont have a realistic animation for every single bit of movement like in RDR2. I dont want to spend 5 mins just opening a draw or box to get some new ammo

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Dont believe these suits. Remember how much the sony suits hyped up their conference, not to mention insomniac calling it the greatest game they have ever made. we have seen gta6 leaks, it looked like a ps3 game because it was running on the PS4 engine of gtav in 2019. it will look last gen as fuck and worse play like a last gen game.

Gaiff

Dont believe these suits. Remember how much the sony suits hyped up their conference, not to mention insomniac calling it the greatest game they have ever made. we have seen gta6 leaks, it looked like a ps3 game because it was running on the PS4 engine of gtav in 2019. it will look last gen as fuck and worse play like a last gen game.
Nah, come on. Look at Rockstar's track record. If you can trust them with one thing it's to deliver a technical showpiece. GTA VI will look at least better than RDR2 which is still a looker to this day. If it's next-gen only, it will be almost without a doubt the most impressive-looking game just like all of them since GTA IV.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Nah, come on. Look at Rockstar's track record. If you can trust them with one thing it's to deliver a technical showpiece. GTA VI will look at least better than RDR2 which is still a looker to this day. If it's next-gen only, it will be almost without a doubt the most impressive-looking game just like all of them since GTA IV.
Look at naughty dog's track record and then look at TLOU Part 1.
Look at insomniac's track record and then look at Spiderman 2.
Look at Rocksteady's track record and then look at Suicide Squad.

Rockstar just lost one of its founding members. One of the houser brothers is there but we dont know if hes the good one. The leaks were basically more of RDR2's scripted nonsense instead of actual dynamic sandbox gameplay you'd want from an open world game. I am sure it will look great, but they will likely script all the cool moments and it will be a linear fuckfest like RDR2. And i say this as someone who loved RDR2's linear as fuck campaign. I dont know. I just dont think we will get Matrix quality visuals, let alone matrix quality simulations.

WTF is this, just because their last game they put out, without Benzies at the wheel was the flagship game of the generation, with emergent gameplay and endless possibilities, doesn't mean the next game might be ok , ok?!?! Rockstar have never put out a game without Benzies besides their best game, ok? They have only had one best game ever without Benzies. How do they hope to continue this streak of award winning amazing games, with the same studio as the one that created award winning amazing games.

Sometimes I wonder about this place.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I just wish they implement some sort of infinite activities in the SP game, not a fan of online.

Top Bottom