• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 Aiming To Be "Something You've Never Seen Before," Take-Two Boss Says

"I wish they implemented some sort of infinite activities, something I wouldn't ask of any other studio"

Also.. Yes?!

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

I am going to sound like an ass now...

I am beginning to think I miss the days when devs just were locked away in some dark room somewhere toiling away at their game with the sole purpose of making something great and special and pouring their hearts and souls into it. And we gamers were none the wiser of what was going on until we saw a demo if we were lucky or the final game in reviews.

These days, we have teasers or announcements, then reveal trailers, then gameplay trailers, then story trailers, then taking heads making promises they can't keep and hyping turds, then reviewers that have now become PR workers and help the taking heads do it, and who seem more like fanboys than professionals, then pre-order bonus, season passes, dlcs... day 0 patches, day 1 patches...

like.... wtf?

Look at naughty dog's track record and then look at TLOU Part 1.
Look at insomniac's track record and then look at Spiderman 2.
Look at Rocksteady's track record and then look at Suicide Squad.

Rockstar just lost one of its founding members. One of the houser brothers is there but we dont know if hes the good one. The leaks were basically more of RDR2's scripted nonsense instead of actual dynamic sandbox gameplay you'd want from an open world game. I am sure it will look great, but they will likely script all the cool moments and it will be a linear fuckfest like RDR2. And i say this as someone who loved RDR2's linear as fuck campaign. I dont know. I just dont think we will get Matrix quality visuals, let alone matrix quality simulations.
GTA's missions were always story driven and handwritten. It allows for it to be varied and creative that way
What your asking for lends to more repetitive games.

For example, the mission in gta IV, where you have to kill the gay dude. You go to an internet cafe, find this dating sote and loom for his profile, match with him, then meet him at the diner and sit through the date, then pull the gun underneath table and kill him.

Just calling that scripted is retarded. Ill take that over "open ended" which basically just boils down to stealth and combat sections. I wanna be kept guessing, and not know what coming next. Not just shoot all the time, which believe it or not, GTA always had great mission variety and creativity.

Robb

Gold Member
It’ll probably be something crappy like “the first AAA NFT GAAS game”.

Just make a good singleplayer game please.

Yeah Right Judging You GIF

Stafford

Just give me some stuff from SA back. Let me go to the gym, learn new melee moves. When I go to the fast food joints too much let me become fat, lol. If I train too much let me become muscular.

Let there be WAY more interiors, so we can have a shootout and robberies inside a shopping mall for example or a huge electronics store, just way more of this. I really liked the shopping mall in Vice City. Way more interactivity with the environment. RDR2 has some nice stuff, give that here as well.

After IV, V was definitely a step down in several aspects.

hyperbertha

WTF is this, just because their last game they put out, without Benzies at the wheel was the flagship game of the generation, with emergent gameplay and endless possibilities, doesn't mean the next game might be ok , ok?!?! Rockstar have never put out a game without Benzies besides their best game, ok? They have only had one best game ever without Benzies. How do they hope to continue this streak of award winning amazing games, with the same studio as the one that created award winning amazing games.

Sometimes I wonder about this place.
Rdr2 emergent gameplay 🤣😂.

K2D

Banned
Strauss-Zelnick.paul-bateman.yoga.gif

(sry, had to get it out of my system, and I'm not image-editing savvy)

Top Bottom