• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 just got leaked (Up: confirmed real)

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I had no idea gta was such a sacred cow.
Sacred Cow Wink GIF by SacredPlantCO

Neilg

I only meant the geometry. Like bumps in the road or objects to dodge like road cones, contruction barriers, pedestrian density. All that you would have to dodge in your vehicle affecting gameplay and timings in missons.

that stuff isnt permanently in the world... in gta 5 it spawns in after you accept the mission, it's all scripted. you wouldnt have seen any of that anyway.
Your fears dont make any sense and this is how games that take longer than 5 years to make are created now. everything is a placeholder and documented ready to swap out later.

CGNoire

that stuff isnt permanently in the world... in gta 5 it spawns in after you accept the mission, it's all scripted. you wouldnt have seen any of that anyway.
Your fears dont make any sense and this is how games that take longer than 5 years to make are created now. everything is a placeholder and documented ready to swap out later.
It doesn't have to be permanent to have an outcome on the gameplay.
Not just 5+ year Dev cycles but in general games use placeholders which I acknowledged.

I'm not claiming to have seen "proof" of my claims I'm just making predictions based on my assumptions of the current state of Rockstar which in turn are colored by the fact that I just don't trust the current state of AAA gaming...like at all.

Stafford

I wonder what will happen to the leaker, watch him get a great job someplace after he's free. Assuming he isn't now. I can't see Take Two just being ok with it, surely?

As for GTA 6. Do you remember a few years ago that Strauss Zelnick said we would be getting more games from Rockstar more often? I believe he said he wanted a more regular output from them and this could mean smaller games. Wonder what happened to that because RDR2 was 2018, seems to me the development times haven't changed. Of course things like covid happened though.

Top Bottom