• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 just got leaked (Up: confirmed real)

He's also not needed in the videogame industry either.
Yesteday showed that off perfectly.

It was so obvious the leak was real and it took him hours to confirm it lol. He just had to get his say and a bit of attention. When he tweeted his confirmation most people thought well duh no shit that's obvious. Seriously what is the point in him? I wish people would stop giving him attention and maybe he'd take the hint to fuck off.

Last edited:

TVexperto

It was so obvious the leak was real and it took him hours to confirm it lol. He just had to get his say and a bit of attention. When he tweeted his confirmation most people thought well duh no shit that's obvious. Seriously what is the point in him? I wish people would stop giving him attention and maybe he'd take the hint to fuck off.
And when people wrote him that he leaked The last of us part 1 remake he just blocked them. what an arrogant prick in my opinion

Oh wow where do you get this info from?
1. Delaying GTA6 by minimum 2 years? Wow! What if it still releases end of next year?
2. Internet fame? He did it for money he even said it for himself.
1. Source code. Is it really that hard to understand!?

Remember Cyberpunk 2077's source code leak? Yeah, CDPR started over from 0. Imagine the implications when R* has to do this. If this is the case, 2 years is nothing and maybe they'll just scrap the whole damn game.

10 years of secret development, up for grabs to the highest bidder.

Get it now!?

Last edited:

Moses85

Remember Cyberpunk 2077's source code leak? Yeah, CDPR started over from 0. Imagine the implications when R* has to do this. If this is the case, 2 years is nothing and maybe they'll just scrap the whole damn game.

Get it now!?
CP started from 0?

Bragr

Banned
I Dont Care Deal With It GIF
You asked and you got the answer. I bet you would cry if someone hacked your facebook account.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
U thought it was serious when T-800 (whoops, I mean Nadine) kept popping up and twatting Sam and Nate single-handedly like Micheal Myers? At one point she appears when they’re swinging around the favela that’s 800ft in the air? :messenger_tears_of_joy: Worked well as a recurring comedy skit to be fair
You got to see the pattern when the peolple who praise ultra shit story Tlou2 also think the mediocre story uncharted 4 is the better uncharted... couldnt be more obvious the love for Cuckman "style"...

EDMIX

lol nahhhh thats not going to happen. I don't care for this person either, but stop getting so fucking emotional over this shit. He is more then credible as an insider as he's leaked and covered way to much shit to say otherwise.

Why is he here? His job literally is to cover this type of stuff, why would he not be here? Take a hint? lol nahhhhh, thats not how any of this shit works, he is not here to make anyone feel good, he isn't here to be friend to anyone, his job merely is to cover this stuff, report it etc

I'd be surprised if Jason wasn't talking about the GTA leaks lol That would be more odd tbh. I have my own issues with him on how he covered that whole Days Gone 2 and Last Of Us remake thing, but I still understand the person has their sources and still can do their job, even if I dislike him. Lets have that much level of respect here man. I disagree with many of you on here, I don't go out of my way to pretend you can't do your professions. People need to relax on that level of disrespect on here.
To play it out publicly like this suggests a kid, so yeah. If he’s from the UK he’s absolutely fucked.

yup. Its even weird to try to make any threat or demands. Their fucked.

lol nahhhh thats not going to happen. I don't care for this person either, but stop getting so fucking emotional over this shit. He is more then credible as an insider as he's leaked and covered way to much shit to say otherwise.

Why is he here? His job literally is to cover this type of stuff, why would he not be here? Take a hint? lol nahhhhh, thats not how any of this shit works, he is not here to make anyone feel good, he isn't here to be friend to anyone, his job merely is to cover this stuff, report it etc

I'd be surprised if Jason wasn't talking about the GTA leaks lol That would be more odd tbh. I have my own issues with him on how he covered that whole Days Gone 2 and Last Of Us remake thing, but I still understand the person has their sources and still can do their job, even if I dislike him. Lets have that much level of respect here man. I disagree with many of you on here, I don't go out of my way to pretend you can't do your professions. People need to relax on that level of disrespect on here.

yup. Its even weird to try to make any threat or demands. Their fucked.
I think it has to do with the self entitlement which is off the charts with him. He thinks he is the center of attention when it comes to leaks, when the fact is that he is 100% expendable.

Saying not to leak anything until his return is 1 example.
Getting confirmation that the leak was real, while it was allready confirmed is example 2. This was just to get attention.... (How can I steal some of the spotlight here)
It's very childish and doesn't add anything whatso-fucking-ever.

It's like he's a little kid that screams "LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEE".

Yeah, it won't be a loss if he quits.

Last edited:

FUBARx89

apparently the hacker is 16 years old and from the UK lol

To play it out publicly like this suggests a kid, so yeah. If he’s from the UK he’s absolutely fucked.

definitely! he’ll be handed right over to the FBI. he’s totally fucked if he’s in the UK lol

He's probably fucked eitherway. Rockstar North is a UK (Edinbugh, Scotland) company and they are the lead devs for all GTA games. So he can be prosecuted over here too no doubt.

Plus, it's a crime over here to hack into business's etc, more so blackmailing companies aswell.

We may not extradite him over to the States depending on background information of the kid. Gary McKinnon hacked into USA military systems & NASA, we blocked extradition to you guys.

So it all depends on how Take2 want to handle the ninjas. Try for an extradition via the USA govt for cybercrimes and poss fail, or do it in our courts.

Last edited:

Hugare

Get it now!?
What? lol, nah man

CDPR was breached in 2021, after Cyberpunk was already released. Hackers stole CP, Witcher and Red Engine source code, and sold it. But it was never available to public. The hackers kept their word.

But this is different. For starters, GTA VI will be a multiplayer game, so having the source code leaked can be vary bad for preventing cheats and etc.

Dont know what R* will do.

Bragr

Banned
He's probably fucked eitherway. Rockstar North is a UK (Edinbugh, Scotland) company and they are the lead devs for all GTA games. So he can be prosecuted over here too no doubt.

Plus, it's a crime over here to hack into business's etc, more so blackmailing companies aswell.

We may not extradite him over to the States depending on background information of the kid. Gary McKinnon hacked into USA military systems & NASA, we blocked extradition to you guys.

So it all depends on how Take2 want to handle the ninjas. Try for an extradition via the USA govt for cybercrimes and poss fail, or do it in our courts.
Gabe tried to get the german (i think) kid who stole Half-Life 2 into the US so they could throw him in jail. The government stepped in and stopped him from traveling over there because they know the US is a sick disturbing place with mad laws.

Knowing Europe, if this guy is truly 16 and from Europe, he will be fine. Hell, he might even get offered a job somewhere.

EDMIX

He thinks he is the center of attention when it comes to leaks
His job is to report stuff, so....I'd argue getting attention makes sense as he still brings readers to the site he works for. Kinda the point lol
Saying not to leak anything until his return is 1 example.
No its not , even reading that its clear he is being fucking sarcastic, why would you try to see that as a REAL fucking comment to "NOT LEAK" as if he is serious or something?
Getting confirmation that the leak was real, while it was allready confirmed is example 2.
Not really, even the comment he makes about confirming it, he states its obvious, as if you didn't need him to confirm he, he literally concedes to that. I'm sorry man, but you are trying really, really hard to make it sound like a fucking joke, is now saying for the whole industry not to leak something and he confirming GTAVI's leak, is some attempt to pretend the news was broken by him. I read the post on here several times and no where does he even entertain that it was him or something and even in the very post you are talking about he makes very clear that the leak is obvious and not something you needed him to verify.

Its almost as if you are fucking pissed that he is even saying it like that cause you just wanted to pretend he stole something or is trying to mispresent something. I don't see any evidence of that here man. I don't like the guy myself, but I must remain objective and look at this based on the claims being made, I don't see anything to support what you are saying and you merely sound mad at him, thus make some shit up to make him sound bad or something.

"example 1" is a joke, I see nothing there to argue he is asking millions of people to not post on the fucking internet.
"example" 2 as far as I can see, never once pretends it was needed by him to break that news story, he himself states its obvious.

You just don't like him and want to fucking force some narrative where it simply doesn't exist man.

Last edited:

Hugare

Gabe tried to get the german (i think) kid who stole Half-Life 2 into the US so they could throw him in jail. The government stepped in and stopped him from traveling over there because they know the US is a sick disturbing place with mad laws.

Knowing Europe, if this guy is truly 16 and from Europe, he will be fine. Hell, he might even get offered a job somewhere.
If I remember right, Gabe lured him saying tha they wanted to offer him a job. When he got to the USA they jailed him lol

Dont remember the story fully, but I remember laughing at this part thinking that Gabe was probably so pissed

Edit: it happened, but the guy didnt go to the US

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2008/11/valve-tricked-h/amp

Last edited:
tlou2 leaks were even worse.
Totally ruined the hype and affected how people looked at the final game and some still have not even played it because of bs leaks.
A bit hyperbolic, but maybe true for a tiny portion of people? TLOU2 has sold 10+ million, so I very much doubt PS or Naughty Dog are concerned with low sales.

Also I really doubt a lot of people don't buy a game because of an early version leak? I've never seen a game leak and think to myself "You know, I think I won't buy this when the final version comes out." Seems a bit silly, people ought to know by now, especially those of us on gamer forums, how much visual and gameplay polish happens in the final stages of production, and how little early builds usually resemble the final product.

That's just the nature of game development. Clearly GTA VI is 2024 or even 2025, and still in the early stages of production.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
If I remember right, Gabe lured him saying tha they wanted to offer him a job. When he got to the USA they jailed him lol

Dont remember the story fully, but I remember laughing at this part thinking that Gabe was probably so pissed

Edit: it happened, but the guy didnt go to the US

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2008/11/valve-tricked-h/amp
Yeah, it's a wild story. The guy mailed Gabe himself, saying he was sorry, and Gabe said "it's fine, do you want a job?"

Gabe and the FBI got him and his family visa's to get him to the states for a "job interview", but the FBI alerted the German police about it before he left, that was their mistake, the German police understood what he would face over there and promptly stepped in and arrested him before he traveled. Basically saving him. He got some minor time on probation and I think he landed an IT job. If he traveled to the states, he might still be in jail knowing how crazy it gets over there.

Man the takes are hilarious around this leak, here’s a bit of reality -
neither half life 2 or Cyberpunk was delayed or started from scratch due to a hack - just not what happened.

This kid didn’t murder anyone, people arguing for super harsh punishment sound like authoritarian psychos.

A game in development like this looks nothing like how it will look in final - you have no idea how it will actually look or play

ManaByte

People are saying he just got access to a Rockstar dev’s Slack account where videos of the builds were being shared among the team.

Top Bottom