• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Remasters? Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick Says That's A Great Question

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

During an earnings call on Monday, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick was asked if the company sees an opportunity to remaster prior GTA games to cash in on the huge appeal of the franchise. The question specifically pointed out that the GTA V audience might not have played earlier games in the series, so remastering older entries could be a way to appeal to them and sell more units.

In his trademark fashion, Zelnick said official announcements about future Rockstar products will come from the developer itself. But he did say he likes the question and he find it "encouraging," which is an intriguing response.

"It's a great and encouraging question. I'm kind of inclined to leave it more as a statement than a question," Zelnick said. "And any updates on our release schedule will come from Rockstar Games."

Hudo

What's actually the point of conference calls when almost every answer is "can't say. Wait and see, I guess."?

Mattyp

Gold Member
Nah, gimme RDR remake/remaster then we talk.

There's a free remaster already available on xbox.

GTA has lost anything it ever had making me want to play another title, I just couldn't give a fuck about the series anymore its been that long remasters included.

nush

Gold Member
"That's a great question" is the textbook politicians response to a question they don't want to answer. You'll hear it used in so many interviews, it's part of their media training. Don't read too much into it, 10+ page GAF topic anyway.

TheMooMan

Banned
Has a decade of GTA 5 not been enough? Can we not have any more original single player GTA content?

It's insane that GTA 3, VC, SA and 4 came out within 7 years of each other.

And in the last 12 years we've only had GTA 5.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Has a decade of GTA 5 not been enough? Can we not have any more original single player GTA content?

It's insane that GTA 3, VC, SA and 4 came out within 7 years of each other.

And in the last 12 years we've only had GTA 5.
Why is it that people still in this day age assume that it somehow must be impossible to do BOTH?

GTA6 is not exactly a secret. It’s had a ton of leaks that it’s happening.
So shut up with this crap that re-releasing old games means new ones aren’t happening.
I wish Evilore would start banning people who use this argument.

Top Bottom