• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA San Andreas Definitive Edition Gameplay Image Leak

kNcw77f.jpg

pEOqOJU.jpg

9N5BnRo.jpg

gaeDCcL.jpg

058LOPw.jpg

VgYilJX.jpg

odhiex

Is that the Switch version?

Edit: I saw the video gameplay below, seems like a Playstation version.

Last edited:

skit_data

Looks better than expected, might have to get these actually. San Andreas was so fun, loved the characters. The Truth was easily the best and his missions were so damn wierd.

Kuranghi

doo doo doo doo doooooooo wennnnng

I think it will be a bit disappointing, but I'll still give it a go at reduced cost down the road. I wish it was at least the fidelity of 5 but I guess they didnt want to do that amount of design work themselves and didn't trust the port team to do a good job on it, which to be fair is maybe warranted given of these redraws/upscales, like that awful shirt with the logo.

Banned
Let's be honest it looks good and will be much more playable now.

San Andreas had a relatively modern control scheme, so SA will not play dramatically different from the original game I bet.

3 and Vice City also already had relatively modern controls on PC back in the day, and those games will most likely now play more like that PC version.

speaking of the PC versions, I bet you will not even feel any significant differences in gameplay between the og PC versions of any of these and the new versions

Last edited:
This is the one to have imo. The other two are a nice nostalgia trip, but the one I've always wanted to play again and do more in was this one as well as GTA IV. For some reason those two games in the series speak to me a lot more. Well, one has to do with San Andreas basically having a black character I could more easily identity and associate with my childhood or upbringing and pretty much a lot of the types of movies I watched growing up. For GTA IV it was the character and family aspect, the immigrant story that made me very much connect more to that character, especially his cousin. Even the first place he had reminded me of something me and my mother use to stay in many, many years ago.

So the GTA games that have the strongest significance for me are San Andreas and GTA IV.

Top Bottom