• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: The Trilogy - Definitive Edition |OT| Ah shit, here we go again

cormack12

Gold Member
>> mobile version <<

DwNrLVe.gif

8T9zE0J.jpg

gzF6prH.jpg

introt2ju7.png

XEvc0As.png
x86X0l2.png

knDHjJM.png

nHivzpb.png

71joGBK.png

Last edited:

SomeGit

Strong OT, good work.

If my i5 4690k doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the CPU, what on earth is going on behind the curtain in this game? I know it's near enough the same as a 6600k, but these are remasters of PS2 games. There shouldn't be anything that demanding, right?
The requirements are strange, the minimum is a 4c4t Skylake but the recommended is a 4c8t Sandy Bridge!?

Bragr

Banned
It's gonna play like old mediocre shit, but I'm excited to listen to all the radios again. Cruising around listening to all the legendary music in the GTA games is gonna bring some nostalgia back I'm sure.

dcmk7

Banned
It's gonna play like old mediocre shit, but I'm excited to listen to all the radios again. Cruising around listening to all the legendary music in the GTA games is gonna bring some nostalgia back I'm sure.
Hopefully they are left untouched.

Superwave

Banned
Most interested in how the driving has changed and whether they've messed with the air borne physics. For me this would radically change the entire experience more than anything else.

I hope there is a toggle to go back to the original style if it indeed handles like GTA V which to me feels lightweight, and even "on rails".

Last edited:

stn

I am sooooo hopeful about the upgraded shooting and movement controls. If it is what I think it could be then I'll be aiming to 100% each game.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hopefully a trip to New Zealand allows me to play Wednesday, but I have a feeling it's going to be a global unlock sometime Thursday morning or something

R6Rider

Gold Member
I am sooooo hopeful about the upgraded shooting and movement controls. If it is what I think it could be then I'll be aiming to 100% each game.
I remember getting 100% in SA. So many collectables that pretty much require a map you can cross off as you go through them. Probably won't be doing that again hah.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Remakes - that's why.
Good catch, but it doesn't excuse it. It's not like they're pushing RDR2 visuals.
I remember getting 100% in SA. So many collectables that pretty much require a map you can cross off as you go through them. Probably won't be doing that again hah.
I did that once. I still remember going back and forth trying to find the last graffiti in LS, and I couldn't see it for ages because it was orange graf on an orange wall. Still less annoyingly cryptic than night photography though, fuck all that. I'd rather just download a save file for 100%, life's too short to do that twice. GTA3/VC packages are a cakewalk in comparison.

Unbelievable that we still don’t know certain stats like what the resolution, frame rate and features differences are between all the consoles. Also, I’m blown away nothing is mentioned about the music licenses. Guess we’ll have to wait for the reviews and then decide to buy or not.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Going to jump back in to San day one on Game Pass. I still say they should have made 20 man online free roam modes for Vice City and San Andreas. I would have paid full price if they would have done that.

RyRy93

Unbelievable that we still don’t know certain stats like what the resolution, frame rate and features differences are between all the consoles. Also, I’m blown away nothing is mentioned about the music licenses. Guess we’ll have to wait for the reviews and then decide to buy or not.
We rarely have concrete information on those subjects until we get proper analysis after release

Kacho

Gold Member
So many lingering questions remain.

Will it be a shitshow, or will it be better than we hoped? Tune in Thursday to find out.

Please deliver
pQiGmel.png

Stuart360

Fully expect the radio stations to be gutted, removing like 80% of the reason to replay these games in the first place.
Well with the fact that this collection is probably going to sell in the millions over its lifetime, i'd like to think Rockstar would think its woth renewing the music licenses.

Last edited:

chromhound

This is the sole reason I'm not buying at launch. Since I know its gonna be the snowflake edition, I'll wait for a sale. BUT, if it turns out to be the OG's, I'll gladly spend the $60 and not think twice.
Same. You know this version is shitty when there's no review/first impression yet... Same thing happened with Cyberpunk

Last edited:
Top Bottom