• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: The Trilogy - Definitive Edition |OT| Ah shit, here we go again

scalman

at least gta 3 looks ok there. on 1080p maxed out ... at least... those poor bastards who bought latest gpu and cant get perfect stuff on it ... lol look again into DF and look on videos about resolution and fps there... maybe you missed important stuff there then ... because thats not imortant for real...

look for more things in game that might be not cool for some....instead of playing the game. thats all that is here on this place i guess.. nobody here really playing games anyway , at least those who just post here. now its kinda clear ....
i would not thought it before that this place is like raly low .. like bottom of it all... its just sad. nothing else.
OK.
reWUVXC.gif

scalman

but i get it how it must but hurt if yo uhave mewest gu and cant get 4k 60fps ... i mean what a bummer... yes...just talk about it for next half year here... maybe it wil get better by then ... lol
must be so hard to have new gpu and then you not gettting perfect game on it ... no way ... is it ? blame devs and all others for that ... and then do it for next year or so ... like anyone will hear those stupid whines and change something there...

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
look for more things in game that might be not cool for some....instead of playing the game. thats all that is here on this place i guess.. nobody here really playing games anyway , at least those who just post here. now its kinda clear ....
i would not thought it before that this place is like raly low .. like bottom of it all... its just sad. nothing else.

I played this remastered trilogy. All 30 minutes of it. It’s a piece of shit that’s disrespectful to the monumental legacy of these games. It’s lazy. It’s artistically and technically bankrupt.

And yes, I got my refund.

scalman

I played this remastered trilogy. All 30 minutes of it. It’s a piece of shit that’s disrespectful to the monumental legacy of these games. It’s lazy. It’s artistically and technically bankrupt.

And yes, I got my refund.
never payed for it anything... just thoughts about game not about price... maybe thats hurts this game most.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Playing on Series X and im in the mission where you have to rescue Denise? I think from a house you set on fire. I extinguish the fire and get to the exit with her and she just fails to spawn outside the house, only her stupid dialogue plays. If I get into a car and drive to the objective it says I left the girl behind and go back pick her up but she's just not in the map lmao I can't reenter the house either.

Stupid piece of shit game, fuck you rockstar and grove shit games

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Playing on Series X and im in the mission where you have to rescue Denise? I think from a house you set on fire. I extinguish the fire and get to the exit with her and she just fails to spawn outside the house, only her stupid dialogue plays. If I get into a car and drive to the objective it says I left the girl behind and go back pick her up but she's just not in the map lmao I can't reenter the house either.

Stupid piece of shit game, fuck you rockstar and grove shit games

Fuck me as well for deciding to play this garbage while Halo downloads

nowhat

uhm, Life of Black Tiger exists... they already look like hypocrites
Not trying to defend Sony here, they should definitely do some more quality control on what they allow on PSN. Life of Black Tiger was and is shit, no arguments there. And there's a ton of games of similarly poor/non-existent quality.

But the reason Cyberpunk got pulled is very simple. CDPR went all Oprah, and said "You get a refund! You get a refund! Everyone gets a refund!" - without consulting Sony about it, and refunds is not something they do. That's what it all was about.

(having said that, the game did crash like no other I've ever played on PS4, or any other platform for that matter)

Banned
Not trying to defend Sony here, they should definitely do some more quality control on what they allow on PSN. Life of Black Tiger was and is shit, no arguments there. And there's a ton of games of similarly poor/non-existent quality.

But the reason Cyberpunk got pulled is very simple. CDPR went all Oprah, and said "You get a refund! You get a refund! Everyone gets a refund!" - without consulting Sony about it, and refunds is not something they do. That's what it all was about.

(having said that, the game did crash like no other I've ever played on PS4, or any other platform for that matter)

I know that, that was the original topic of the conversation.

BUT, "refunds is not something they do", well tough shit... it's EU law that everything you buy online/digitally needs to be refundable for 14 days without questions asked.
They really need to update their network to have easy ways to refund stuff. because this will eventually happen again... I am surprised it didn't happen with GTA yet tbh.

nowhat

I know that, that was the original topic of the conversation.

BUT, "refunds is not something they do", well tough shit... it's EU law that everything you buy online/digitally needs to be refundable for 14 days without questions asked.
They really need to update their network to have easy ways to refund stuff. because this will eventually happen again... I am surprised it didn't happen with GTA yet tbh.
Oh, I'm not disagreeing that refunds should be more straightforward and frankly am surprised it hasn't been more of an issue yet in the EU (along with things like being able sell/transfer copies within other digital storefronts like Steam). Just that "Life of a Black Tiger", in and of itself, is not much of an argument. But granted, I may have missed a few posts, didn't read the whole thread with full attention.

Banned
Oh, I'm not disagreeing that refunds should be more straightforward and frankly am surprised it hasn't been more of an issue yet in the EU (along with things like being able sell/transfer copies within other digital storefronts like Steam). Just that "Life of a Black Tiger", in and of itself, is not much of an argument. But granted, I may have missed a few posts, didn't read the whole thread with full attention.

the original post I replied to was about them not removing GTA even tho they said at the time they removed Cyberpunk that it was due to it "not meeting their standards", which was of course PR crap and everyone knows that.

the thing is, Sony does grant you refunds usually (because they have to... it's the law), but they don't have a working system in place. this means every refund needs to be processed manually by someone who works at the customer service. that is an issue should another Cyberpunk like disaster ever hit the storefront. they really need to get their shit together in that regard, because the way modern AAA development is, it's not that unlikely that another incident like that could hit their system.

that is why Cyberpunk was removed, their customer service was simply overrun by manual refunds that they needed to process one by one

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
They should implement a game by game basis refund system by game length and that length submitted by dev. This way they can’t lie about the length because they know it is linked to refunds. Most importantly a short indie title shouldn’t be comparable to an open world AAA because 1 hour of an indie title is a big chunk but 1 hour of an Assassin’s Creed is nothing. Also it should be automated and no questions asked.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I’d love to but R* removed it from the PC so I’m playing Forza instead.

Can someone enlighten me what happened with it? it seems to be another Sonic Colors Ultimate case where it launched with glitches galore that weren't in the original?

Last edited:

JayK47

It saddens me to see how poorly this has turned out. Would have loved to see some TLC applied to these classics. Luckily I have the originals on Steam, but I was hoping for a well done update. These really do not look salvageable and based on the developers smart ass tweets, I am guessing nothing will get done. At least CD Project owned up to it and promised to make it better. These dick heads are defending the product, so would you trust them to fix it? Will they let modders fix it?

I feel for anybody who paid for this. Get a refund if you have any issues. Don't let them have your hard earned money for this half assed dump of a game. Calling it Definitive Edition? Wow. So out of touch.

Vae_Victis

Banned
You can tell this "definitive" edition is broken right off the start. The very first time you flip over a car you will notice it blows up much faster than in originals, giving you no chance to escape. In original game you would have additional 2-3 seconds to run away safely from the car.

This is such an obvious fuck-up that should be immediately caught by any tester who ever played originals. Most likely very easy to fix too.

I'll bet this happens because they changed the framerate in some janky way. Since the game is now capped at 60fps, but the original code they started from was probably capped at 30, if the explosion times counts frames instead of real-time seconds, now it takes half the time before the explosion.

If I had to guess the 60fps is likely also the reason why the game physics fucks up sometimes, especially in GTA3, that always had known collision issues if the framerate was uncapped. That's why you see a lot of videos from GTA3 in particular where the player character phases through objects and even some building walls, the mesh collision checks likely follow some arbitrary time unit that messes up when frames are not set as in the original release.

Anchovie123

Tip: DF discovered that if you run the PS4 version on a PS5 you can get a almost locked 60fps and is the most stable way to play the game. The catch being that it runs at sub 1080p and is missing reflections and volumetric clouds tho :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Edit: This is for GTA3 i dont know if you can do this for VC and SA.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Why didn't they just remaster it in the gta5 engine like all the mods they banned were doing with better results?

Would take much longer and damn well wouldn't be 3 games for $60.

Plus many might complain that they don't like how GTA V looks compared to the art style in the older 3. I think this looks fine minus the bugs and odd models, as in what they are going for makes sense, but the execution is just horrid. This needed a fuck ton more time and it seems like Rockstar just wanted a fall release, the fact that the digital version comes in November and boxed disk version comes in December literally tells me they didn't even have those disk pressed, but wanted to make money in the mean time or something.

This needed a good amount of months of development. I don't fault the team as they likely did the best job they could, I fault Rockstar for okaying the release or not giving them enough time, it is after all their IP.

I'd be fine with the 3 games looking like this, but playing better without bugs and correcting the odd character models and down the line I'd be fine with a solid remake of all 3 in a new engine, but each game being given the real time and budget needed to be fully remade ala Mafia 1, RE2 remake etc. I think its great to have both btw as many won't like how GTA V looks real and many won't like how the old ones look cartoony.

Give em both and be done with it lol

It's all in the wrist It's all in the wrist Agreed completely. Rockstar allowing this to be put out is an even bigger shock then a team making a bad remake, it happens, but Rockstar has more then enough money to hold off on releasing shit until its actually done ie Red Dead Redemption 2 and clearly the ever elusive GTA VI.

They should have never pulled those games from the store, not this is all the shit they have to play lol So they need to patch this shit to oblivion and pour as much money and resources that they can to keep this game from ending up like a pile of shit for life lol I'm sure lots if not most of it will be addressed though

Last edited:
but i get it how it must but hurt if yo uhave mewest gu and cant get 4k 60fps ... i mean what a bummer... yes...just talk about it for next half year here... maybe it wil get better by then ... lol
must be so hard to have new gpu and then you not gettting perfect game on it ... no way ... is it ? blame devs and all others for that ... and then do it for next year or so ... like anyone will hear those stupid whines and change something there...
Hey man if you are enjoying these remastered versions, all the more power to you. More people have much higher standards, as they should. There is no shortage of games to play. Well made games. But when a large scale developer makes a rather poor quality product we should absolutely call them out.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

I know what the problem is. They had only one employee for playtesting/QA

You can see on the picture - on the left we have the coders. On the right we have management, creatives and graphic artists.

And in the middle is Spot the QA. It's too much for one dog to handle. For three games we needed at least 3 bug chasing dogs ;)

Top Bottom