• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: The Trilogy - Definitive Edition |OT| Ah shit, here we go again

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Lazy bastards.

h07mvbq.png

aPcNVlX.jpg

Majormaxxx

GTA Definitive Edition is an absolute shitshow... never seen anything like it before, quite possibly the laziest port of all time.
Agree that this is an absolute disaster...

But I've witnessed a few worse ports:

-FEAR on ps3. Really ugly. Especially offensive since the game on pc was heralded for its graphics. But at least fully playable.
-Shadow of Mordor oh ps3/360 - not only ugly but also unplayably choppy. What's worse is that the ugliness and abysmal framerate shows itself as early as the intro mission.

-

RCU005

Something I really hate about this remaster's situation and poor state is people's opinion that performance is better than graphics.

Take Assassin's Creed Unity at release:
Screen_Shot_2014-11-12_at_11.24.39_AM.0.0.png

This game was criticized to oblivion and Ubisoft had to patch it ASAP. It was also the cause of Ubisoft deciding to not release a game each year, and what led to the "soft-reboot" with Assassin's Creed Origins.

However, people now are like: Damn this game runs at 60fps, it's great!! WTH?! These kind of things don't have any room for acceptance whatsoever. In fact, what the hell is Cyberpunk being nominated for any freaking award on the VGA? (Even if those are stupid in general?).

That just allows the publishers and developers to continue the trend of realizing games in so piss poor quality and charge full price!!
Everyone should be pissed at this remaster. Even if it was $10 but specially at $60!! Also, even if you got it on Game Pass, shouldn't get a free pass, because there's also need for quality games in there.

I just got the mansion in VC. I've had one crash. Really enjoying it. I think people forget that the original games were ahead of their time but they weren't perfect. The remaster plays like the original, looks a lot better, and the controls are up to date.

dotnotbot

Channels like this one just hit a gold mine. They have enough material to produce content until 2051.

Good material for anyone who claims that this "plays just like originals". No, it doesn't.

And it doesn't cover everything, like the fact that swimming is too slow, cars blow up faster, difficulty is dumbed down, some minigames are broken etc.

Last edited:

nowhat

Anyone able to get a refund via PlayStation ? I contacted Sony but got no answer so far
To interact with Sony customer support WRT refunds, you'll have to get the actual physical form to apply for a refund. It's on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of the Leopard."

Yes, that's a quote from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, not being too serious here

sertopico

To interact with Sony customer support WRT refunds, you'll have to get the actual physical form to apply for a refund. It's on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of the Leopard."

Yes, that's a quote from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, not being too serious here
You forgot to mention the cabinet is surrounded by lava with laser shooting killer sharks swimming into it.

dotnotbot

Seems like modders are already fixing everything

https://www.definitive-edition-project.com/
Aren't these mods for originals only?

I've seen some mods are already available for DE like fix for rain intensity or these:
vyi0hh7r4yz71.png

But considering how T2 treated modders in the past they might not bother with more advanced fixes. Nothing more pleasant than a DMCA after months or years of hard work.

Last edited:

JayK47

I've seen some mods are already available for DE like fix for rain intensity or these:
vyi0hh7r4yz71.png

But considering how T2 treated modders in the past they might not bother with more advanced fixes. Nothing more pleasant than a DMCA after months or years of hard work.
Hope they combine these types of fixes at some point.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
You know shit is real when even IGN gives it a meager 5/10.

My cynical side says: I doubt it took them this much time to review the game, considering they don't always finish the games they review, and you pretty much know what you're getting when you hop into this one. They were desperately waiting for Rockstar to release a quick-fix patch, but finally had to just give the game a crappy score. Why else would they miss out on all those day-1-2 clicks they love?

ManaByte

My cynical side says: I doubt it took them this much time to review the game, considering they don't always finish the games they review, and you pretty much know what you're getting when you hop into this one. They were desperately waiting for Rockstar to release a quick-fix patch, but finally had to just give the game a crappy score. Why else would they miss out on all those day-1-2 clicks they love?

Rockstar is notorious for strong-arming review scores. I remember when IGN gave Vice City a 9.7 and Rockstar tried to strong-arm them into changing it to a 10.

mortal

Gold Member

vyi0hh7r4yz71.png

Crazy that modders are already fixing the game better than GSG/R*, for free and with fewer resources.

Top Bottom