• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: The Trilogy PS4|OT| We heard you like strippers so we stripped the soundtracks

Two points:

Just because it was on the PS2 doesn't make that the native version. Excusing 20FPS on a game from a decade and a half back is no excuse.

It was ALSO on the PC, so performance was never an issue there, except for one thing...

GTA3 on the PC didn't support occlusion. IE: If shit was 100% obscured by a building, it still rendered it.

Fox Mulder

These are the worst versions of these games now with the various improved ports and forced changes due to licensing, but they're running on the ps4 for easy nostalgia.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
What bugs? I didn't notice it get one for AU, so maybe it's just US?

In the NTSC version, there seems to be some weird timing bug with this new 1.01 update. The game will freeze momentarily when trying to go to the menu now. Fading out screens will linger temporarily when the game should go black, and taking the train, occasionally the game will freeze up there and skip a station, essentially.

Saving and loading is now instantaneous but its not worth it. I hope Rockstar fixes this but I don't know how to contact anyone who could get it fixed/if they would listen. The NTSC version worked fine without a patch prior to this.

These are the worst versions of these games now with the various improved ports and forced changes due to licensing, but they're running on the ps4 for easy nostalgia.

I dunno about that. The PS3 and 360 versions run at a lower resolution (1280x720) instead of whatever this is, have no anti-aliasing (there is anti-aliasing in the PS2 emulator by default), and lack the PS2-exclusive lighting/smog which really give a flavour to Los Santos in particular. There are some higher resolution textures in that remaster, but only some.

MMaRsu

Banned
So what versions are these anyway? The phone ports? With music missing I couldnt say this is a good version at all.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
So what versions are these anyway? The phone ports? With music missing I couldnt say this is a good version at all.

These are the PS2 versions but with a few songs stripped due to licensing.

No Killing In The Name on Radio X in San Andreas for example. Every version sold now has a few songs stripped due to licensing though, this isn't unique.

Top Bottom