• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: The Trilogy PS4|OT| We heard you like strippers so we stripped the soundtracks

Ricitor

Gonna grab Vice City once the PSN Web store decides to start working. I played San Andreas way more but I'm worried it might trigger some emotions I really don't want to ever feel again.

"Follow the damn train CJ!"

chrislowe

hugocésar;188104176 said:
I'm still getting them. Music license expirations suck. In my head Vice City looks glorious.

They should have created spotify-playlists with the music and made you able to use spotify in game as musicplayer.
Problem solved :)

Timu

Sure can :)

I disabled the trails filter in VC and GTA3

amarectv2015-12-0515-owags.png

amarectv2015-12-0516-znzk6.png

amarectv2015-12-0516-fcbic.png
This is from the game's own built in widescreen right from the options right?

dreamfall

Damn, they removed that Lionel Richie track?! Gah, I loved that one.

Will probably pick these up to just revel in nostalgic bliss. Vice City will always be my favorite ever.

Damn, they removed that Lionel Richie track?! Gah, I loved that one.

Will probably pick these up to just revel in nostalgic bliss. Vice City will always be my favorite ever.
That was removed in the 2nd versions that were pressed in 2003 ish. Smuggler's blues as well.

gafneo

Banned
This is definetly a drawback to owning digital rather than hardcopy. Heard steam version even auto updated and removed songs.

Foffy

Banned
are you sure ? this are nor the android or steam version ?

Android versions changed up the huds, allowed there to be a controller camera while driving the car ala SA, altered the visuals to give the characters more detailed models, and significantly changed the HUD to SA.

These are the PS2 ports with all of the removed tracks from the Steam and Android versions. You might as well have purchased the PC versions, went with some mods to add removed PS2 elements, and called it a day.

It would be cheaper to do so.

This is why I always wish Sony would consider better ports of games like pc versions when a ps2 game has it

Deus ex
Half life.

Wouldn't want ps2. Maybe a novelty factor to have it.

Foffy

Banned
This is why I always wish Sony would consider better ports of games like pc versions when a ps2 game has it

Deus ex
Half life.

Wouldn't want ps2. Maybe a novelty factor to have it.

The only way that's going to happen is if the developers want to port those over.

Why not just simply play them on PC, instead? They're right there.

thenameDS

Played the first two mission of Vice City last night before bed, yes it looks like a PS2 game but my god I love this game. Can't wait to complete it and move onto San Andreas.

Only negative for me is the controls. But I'll just have to adjust and get use to them. Also may try some cheats on a separate save to see if it disables trophies.

Spizz

Banned
Also may try some cheats on a separate save to see if it disables trophies.
Supposedly cheats don't disable trophies in Vice City.

Love that OT title lol, good stuff. I'm really tempted to buy Vice City but I'm a dollar short on the store. It's a sign...

Garlador

If Sony had just allowed ps2 backwards compatibility then this wouldn't be a problem at all and they wouldn't have to worry about the soundtrack.

... And those prices aren't good. Walmart sells all three games bundled together for $16.99 or so and still has them in stock.

Dobsie

Just dug out my ps2 and fired up San Andreas, so much nostalgia, this games brilliant. I'm not sure I can be bothered to buy it on ps4 though, £12 is steep for such an old game, plus I've still got my memory card save on ps2, last modified Feb 2006! Me and my mates had so much fun with the 2 player part on this game, spending countless hours messing around, online just isn't the same.
But anyway can anyone confirm if the 2 player part is still in? And is the 1080p upscale really worth it? The map on ps2 is pretty much unreadable now to my HD spoilt eyes.

dedhead54

Just fired up Vice City. We'll see if I actually play through it. If I do I'll buy the others. I am not thrilled about the price but I also am willing to pay to play 3 of my favorite games of all time on my PS4.

Just fired up Vice City. We'll see if I actually play through it. If I do I'll buy the others. I am not thrilled about the price but I also am willing to pay to play 3 of my favorite games of all time on my PS4.
They will be on sale in a couple of months for half price most likely. Like, I get you want to play your favourite games again but at that price its worth waiting isn't it?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
They will be on sale in a couple of months for half price most likely. Like, I get you want to play your favourite games again but at that price its worth waiting isn't it?

If people want them and can afford them, why wouldn't they buy them now?

Top Bottom