• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Trilogy Remake Reportedly Making "Content Changes" for "Modern Audiences"

A new report claims Rockstar Games is re-releasing GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City, and GTA 3 as one packe, under the name GTA Trilogy, later this year via the Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and mobile phones. At the moment of publishing, it's unclear if the trio of re-releases are going to be remasters or remakes, but early (and unofficial) details suggest they will be somewhere in-between these two things. That said, since this initial report other sources have chimed in with a few more illuminating tidbits.

For example, Gematsu has since relayed word that they have heard there will be "some content changes to make the games more suitable for modern audiences." Unfortunately, Gematsu didn't accompany this with any further details or insight, leaving fans with nothing but speculation.[\quote]

I still have my doubts that this enhanced trilogy even exists in the first place so take this with a small grain of salt. There are also MANY other sites reporting the same information. You already know who the “modern audiences” are. If this is legitimate and they really do make changes or censor the classic GTA games, then I can imagine there will be a backlash from fans. Will Rockstar give in? I wouldn’t be really surprise me if they did with this crazy generation we live in.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
here-we.gif

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Boy, we're feeling reactionary today aren't we GAF? Based on articles where the source is "we have heard"? The article author in OP didn't even spellcheck the thing.

Maybe wait and see if any of it's real before we get all woe-is-me.

skit_data

Covid is real, so you might die if your playtime is over 525 600 hours (yes that is the amount of hours you’ve lived at 60) or your character has become obese.

Last edited:

Kupfer

yeah while you can. i wouldn't be surprised if they pull the originals from digital stores so that the only version you can buy is the new one.
Even the digital "originals" aren't original no more. Cut content and quiete different lighting.
If you wan't the "real" feel, you have to buy the physical copies of the games for PS2 (for correct lighting), PC or even Xbox for the complete soundtrack.
AFAIK all digital versions of the 3/VC/SA games are based on the Android port, which has completely different render techniques.

Last edited:
Even the "originals" aren't original today anymore. Cut content and quiete different lighting.
If you wan't the "real" feel, you have to buy the physical copies of the games for PS2, PC or even Xbox.
true i suppose. i got my PS2 discs. have them backed up to my PC too just incase they get damaged/lost. i play them on my PS2 but if i need to emulate them i can. fuck playing the mobile/ps store/steam versions.

Kupfer

true i suppose. i got my PS2 discs. have them backed up to my PC too just incase they get damaged/lost. i play them on my PS2 but if i need to emulate them i can. fuck playing the mobile/ps store/steam versions.
You actually can play the Android version on your homebrew Vita pretty much like the original PS2 game with the full soundtrack and the correct lighting, thanks to the work of some really dedicated devs. More about this project

Last edited:

J3nga

If it's supposed to release in a few months I would expect it would have been announced by now. Take-Two and R* are making some much $ from GTA V(it's still in a TOP 10 sales charts after almost 8 years since the initial release, does that tell you something people?) and GTA online that they got fat and comfy so there's no need to do anything. There's a chance of course but considering how many rumors I have heard in a last x years - I have serious doubts.

Saber

Gold Member
So...GTA, a series of games well know for libertity of doing whatever the shit you want, their love for lack of morals rules and a crazy mature story, is going to change all that because of "modern audience"? Even though thats how the series wins billions of money?

Hard to see that being true. But it wouldn't be surprising with nowadays trends.

Hopefully they take out the murdering prostitutes thing. It was always gross.

Don't worry, you can still kill innocent people.

Last edited:

Klik

If back in 2013 someone told me we have to wait 10 year+ to get new GTA.....

I hope GTA 6 will be glorious. I mean GTA 5 was made for 15 years old PS3/x360 hardware. Going from that hardware to PS5/XSX should be a monstrous step

Top Bottom