• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Trilogy Remake Reportedly Making "Content Changes" for "Modern Audiences"

Cravis

Oh noes! They gonna butcher San Andreas’ dialogue.

Etb62c7.jpg

Concern

Sad part is this will probably still sell great because a lot of people will not know about the changes and impulse buy it.

This only further diminished any hope for a decent gta6.

Won't happen. This is the biggest load of bait if I've ever seen it. R* are too lazy to make new content for older games unless it makes them silly money.

the most they will do is Radio / music adjustments given the licence agreements they have with the music industry.

EDMIX

Sad part is this will probably still sell great because a lot of people will not know about the changes and impulse buy it.

This only further diminished any hope for a decent gta6.

That, or they don't really give a fuck.

Its a day 1 for me regardless. I don't see anything sad about that, you can't force everyone to cry and do outrage shit over every small thing. I mean, my god....some of you are raging and we don't even know what "content changes" they are even talking about, we don't even know of the GTA trilogy remake is a real thing lol

So I think the community tends to exaggerate a fuck ton and makes it sound like EVERYONE fucking cares about "oh my her chin is this size" or "da purple hair" or "she looks too feminine for agenda" or "she looks too manly fo agendaz" etc. You'll find the majority isn't on GaF, doesn't really care about such things and simply plays games for fun.

Not any of the crap that some of you force in here as top reasons to even play the series. If that was the case, Saints Row would have been outselling GTA by massive numbers if that shit ALONE was what sold the series or something, I'd argue Saints Row is even more out there and over the top and um "edgy" and yet doesn't have a fraction of the sales. The game still must have solid, responsive controls, great mission design, variety and easily accessible for people to jump in and play, that legit is the most solid reason why so many enjoy GTA.

How many series do we really know where a fucking person can beat the shit out of someone and steal their car, drive to an airport, steal a plane, fly that shit into the water while being chased by cops, only to then steal a boat....

Sir...not many games exist where that can be done, let alone done with very little effort. What that series does well, they do it soooooo well, many don't think about it until they realize just how few games have truly been able to master that.

mcjmetroid

Its a day 1 for me regardless. I don't see anything sad about that, you can't force everyone to cry and do outrage shit over every small thing. I mean, my god....some of you are raging and we don't even know what "content changes" they are even talking about, we don't even know of the GTA trilogy remake is a real thing lol

So I think the community tends to exaggerate a fuck ton and makes it sound like EVERYONE fucking cares about "oh my her chin is this size" or "da purple hair" or "she looks too feminine for agenda" or "she looks too manly fo agendaz" etc. You'll find the majority isn't on GaF, doesn't really care about such things and simply plays games for fun.

Not any of the crap that some of you force in here as top reasons to even play the series. If that was the case, Saints Row would have been outselling GTA by massive numbers if that shit ALONE was what sold the series or something, I'd argue Saints Row is even more out there and over the top and um "edgy" and yet doesn't have a fraction of the sales. The game still must have solid, responsive controls, great mission design, variety and easily accessible for people to jump in and play, that legit is the most solid reason why so many enjoy GTA.

How many series do we really know where a fucking person can beat the shit out of someone and steal their car, drive to an airport, steal a plane, fly that shit into the water while being chased by cops, only to then steal a boat....

Sir...not many games exist where that can be done, let alone done with very little effort. What that series does well, they do it soooooo well, many don't think about it until they realize just how few games have truly been able to master that.
Agreed. We're basing this on nothing at all.

Rockstar has given us no reason to think they'll go down this road.

LordCBH

Literally no one with a brain is asking for “content changes” for “modern audiences”. Stop changing things for assholes that wouldn’t buy it anyway.

Heh, what?

You do know these games are a hundred years old to begin with, right? You can pick up your phone, right now, and buy them to play on your mobile phone. You know this, yes?

Why would you expect these old relics to be next gen exclusive?

Fuck me :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Because why not and because it's already available everywhere and it was said to be a bonus for next gen.

Okey, I'm all in baby!

stn

Its funny how these companies will do whatever they can to avoid offending certain groups, but then they will still release a product showcasing extreme violence. Priorities, haha.

EDIT: And I say all this as someone whose people were "stereotyped" in GTA 4 (Niko Bellic), and I didn't give a shit at all. Its a freaking video game.

Last edited:

YCoCg

So is this why they're attacking modders? Because they know they'd mod the original cut content back into the games.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
No sir. Let's jump to conclusions and froth at the mouth over something based on a rumor, it's the easiest way to show how rational and mature we are as hobbyists.

This. People are going OTT over nothing more than a rumor regarding a rumoured remake.

We don't even know what they mean by "Changes for modern audiences". This could be a positive change for all we know.

It’s funny that no one has any idea what the changes are and suddenly go to the whole woke agenda. Let’s face it, any change made would piss people off. But here’s the thing, clearly things shouldn’t go woke and people that are very vocal about that topic is annoying. That being said, the opposite side of the fence being just as vocal is just as annoying. Whining is whining.

for all we know, they could be adding graphic effects, 4K, 120/60fps, and so on. But god forbid if they drop less n-bombs that would ruin the game for you.

Last edited:

Concern

Its a day 1 for me regardless. I don't see anything sad about that, you can't force everyone to cry and do outrage shit over every small thing. I mean, my god....some of you are raging.....

As much as I read lol.

Not bothering with a pointless rant assuming I or anybody here is "raging".

A remaster is pretty much an upgraded version of the game. Not changing content to pander to the twitter mob. You like it? Good for you. Don't go assuming anyones feelings or opinions off a a small post just because they don't like this news.

WHY ELSE WOULD THEY REMAKE THIS SHIT? Those games are perfectly playable on so many fucking consoles, pcs, phones...
define perfectly playable. The only way to actually play these games is having a PS2 and a CRT.
the rest are weird looking mobile game ports done by some random company...that ruined the look and the music of the game.

And the originals look horrendous on a modern TV.

Quasicat

Even the digital "originals" aren't original no more. Cut content and quiete different lighting.
If you wan't the "real" feel, you have to buy the physical copies of the games for PS2 (for correct lighting), PC or even Xbox for the complete soundtrack.
AFAIK all digital versions of the 3/VC/SA games are based on the Android port, which has completely different render techniques.
I’m not sure if you can still buy the PSN release of Vice City on PS3, but those are the PS2 originals and have not been updated yet, even the music is unchanged unlike the PS4 version.

assurdum

Banned
Something tell me it will be barely a remaster with the same graphic just at higher setting and people will end to be extremely disappointed; hope to be wrong.

Last edited:

Kupfer

I’m not sure if you can still buy the PSN release of Vice City on PS3, but those are the PS2 originals and have not been updated yet, even the music is unchanged unlike the PS4 version.
Yes you can, at least in Germany. Just looked it up and it's 9.99€.
But no word about the version. Even the PS2 versions got updated and censored, which I just found out.

Timestamped:

Last edited:

EDMIX

As much as I read lol.

Not bothering with a pointless rant assuming I or anybody here is "raging".

A remaster is pretty much an upgraded version of the game. Not changing content to pander to the twitter mob. You like it? Good for you. Don't go assuming anyones feelings or opinions off a a small post just because they don't like this news.

......so raging? lol

This. People are going OTT over nothing more than a rumor regarding a rumoured remake.

We don't even know what they mean by "Changes for modern audiences". This could be a positive change for all we know.

Agreed. For all we know they are talking about making the control layout and perspective that of GTAIV and V

Neilg

Content changes could be adding mid-mission checkpoints, better shooting controls and generally making them more forgiving.
some of the posts in this thread are like.. you need to see a fucking therapist. Doesnt matter if those changes happen or not, but if you're the kind of person that makes an assumption about something that hasn't happened, and then gets angry about it - something that you just made up - you need to get that under control.

Last edited:

Concern

And so what if it is?, why do we have to pander to a small minority of people who get ofended over everything?.
When did the human race turn into a bunch of kumbaya singing pussies?.

Its like there's been a reee invasion lol.

Just saves me more money 😁

Ebele

if it's going to be on mobile phones then it prob won't be a complete rehaul in graphics like i was hoping for :(

Top Bottom