• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Trilogy Remake Reportedly Making "Content Changes" for "Modern Audiences"

And so what if it is?, why do we have to pander to a small minority of people who get ofended over everything?.
When did the human race turn into a bunch of kumbaya singing pussies?.
And so what if they modernize it and help bring down the hate that's in the world? I'm all for more positive changes. Just because it was like that, doesn't mean it needs to stay like that.

I did not just read this post from an account named "just a spaz". I'm dying here.
Do you realize how long ago I made this user name? Although I am hyper and kind of a spaz, I still don't think we should continue to use offensive ideas in video games just because at the time they were made, those things were more accepted.

Cartoons used to feature smoking and drinking for example. Do you really think that's the best thing for a kid to see on their Saturday morning cartoons?

Stuart360

And so what if they modernize it and help bring down the hate that's in the world? I'm all for more positive changes. Just because it was like that, doesn't mean it needs to stay like that.
Its a videogame not the United Nations. And that siting around the campfire holding hands and singing Kumbaya world some of you want, its never going to happen, and thank fuck for that!..

Didn’t Sam Houser leave Rockstar? That could potentially lead to some changes to the franchise and I don’t think we will be dealing with the same edgy Rockstar games in the future. Content changes isn’t really what’s concerning to me, but the rumored “modern audiences” quote which I know what that probably means for a game like GTA that is buried in controversy. For the people who get offended over anything and everything. The latest Saint Row trailers aren’t exactly instilling confidence in me either.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Do you realize how long ago I made this user name? Although I am hyper and kind of a spaz, I still don't think we should continue to use offensive ideas in video games just because at the time they were made, those things were more accepted.

Cartoons used to feature smoking and drinking for example. Do you really think that's the best thing for a kid to see on their Saturday morning cartoons?

Yeah, 7 years ago, when spaz was still an offensive term. You can ask a mod at any time to change it, I recommend "just-a-mongoloid-retard" to update it for modern audiences.

Honestly, I'm not bothered, it just tickled me, I'm only in this thread for the reaction drama cringe.

Yeah, 7 years ago, when spaz was still an offensive term. You can ask a mod at any time to change it, I recommend "just-a-mongoloid-retard" to update it for modern audiences.

Honestly, I'm not bothered, it just tickled me, I'm only in this thread for the reaction drama cringe.
You know what. I've been banned from other forums for having the name "spaz" because it was offensive to some. Thing is, I'm not calling anyone a spaz, I'm literally saying that I AM a spaz. I'm making fun of myself basically. Plus, it's a nick name I got from college when someone said I was a spaz hah.

Maybe I will ask a mod to change it. Thanks for the tip!

• Love
Reactions: AV

Name change is waiting approval!

Not sure who is more annoying, the whiny woke dipshits or the dumbshits who waste so much time whining about the woke shit. Equally tiresome and pathetic is probably the answer.
I've never used the term "woke" before but I believe if something needs to be changed because it's no longer socially accepted, then I'm okay with it. Times change, people change, ideas change. Just because it was okay at the time, doesn't mean it's not offensive in today's world.

Jaysen

Banned
I've never used the term "woke" before but I believe if something needs to be changed because it's no longer socially accepted, then I'm okay with it. Times change, people change, ideas change. Just because it was okay at the time, doesn't mean it's not offensive in today's world.
The whining about something that hasn’t happened yet is tiresome though.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Frankly, I applaud Rockstar for making whatever kinds of changes they need to make to bring their games in line with the tastes of modern audiences, particularly those most vocal on the internet. As anyone who has ever spoken to a person who survived Bosnia, fought in the Gulf, or saw their friends die in World War II, there is nothing worse in this world than consuming entertainment media that has an element that you find offensive. Nothing.

Yoboman

Probably just a need to change the soundtracks based on the copyrights and update the graphics... hopefully

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Told ya Rock* is dead, the talent has left the building.
They beating the GTAV horse to death because they do not know where to begin with the next GTA and we know how that's gonna turn out.
They was probably wasn't gonna bother other then to change it for modern audiences

Saber

Gold Member
Content changes could be adding mid-mission checkpoints, better shooting controls and generally making them more forgiving.

Wouldn't that supposed to be "quality changes" or visual changes" instead of updates for modern audiences?
I'm ok if this is wrong because its apparently a rumor, but last time I check when theres control and gameplay changes they are classified as quality of life changes. Update to modern audiences means game being ajusted for this time because something that was acceptable decades ago ain't acceptable now.

I still have my doubts that this enhanced trilogy even exists in the first place so take this with a small grain of salt. There are also MANY other sites reporting the same information. You already know who the “modern audiences” are. If this is legitimate and they really do make changes or censor the classic GTA games, then I can imagine there will be a backlash from fans. Will Rockstar give in? I wouldn’t be really surprise me if they did with this crazy generation we live in.
Sjw

Except Cj was black even before

Will they make him white, then go black again?

Joking

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I'd love an enhanced trilogy either way; removing some of the jokes I've heard 1000 times before doesn't really matter to me.

I just want to play the GTA's I like again, as 4 just ripped out a bunch of things I loved, and 5 wasn't much better (for me personally.)

If they do remove stuff, you can always.. play the originals?

Last edited:

DapperSloth

"I want a GTA Vice City and San Andreas remake."

iu

What the fuck does this hand do lol? I see it often on forums. Thanks.

And I am just finishing up Sand Andreas on PS4, already completed the other two games so if they do a nice remaster maybe I'll platinum them again.

GreatnessRD

So in other words since people are weak crybabies, the game will be cheeks.

Noted. I appreciate them saving me some monies.

Sybrix

Immediately I’m thinking the Haitians will be renamed

Idiotic if true, i hated the Haitian gang in Vice City. I don’t hate Haitian people in real life…

I have the intelligence to understand the difference between computer game characters and real life people

Last edited:

Drew1440

Looks like I'll be sticking with the PS2/PC originals then. If you have a Series S you can play the PS2 version in dev mode using the PCSX2 core in retroarch, upscaled and with the original soundtrack. PC version will still run on modern Windows. Who needs a remaster?

Top Bottom