• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Trilogy Remake Reportedly Making "Content Changes" for "Modern Audiences"

Cryio

Given how there isn't ONE DEFINITIVE version of any of these games (GTA III, Vice City or San Andreas) I think I'll play them emulated from PS2.

Played these games previously on PC (like most of the planet I'd say), but content, visuals, bugs and props vary to ridiculous levels between PS2, Xbox, original PC and iOS/Android builds.

realcool

I heard one of the changes for "modern audiences" being made is that they're only gonna sell these from now on:

gta-online-cash-cards.png

TLZ

Banned
There is folks. Your GTA6 preview.

You're wasting your time with those members.
They don't care. They whining about whiners. They say no changes will happen, and even if have, don't matter and you should't be worry because 'gamers'. Not that gamers, but gamers.

In fact, you bring a good point over the thread.

'Why change instead of make a new IP?'

Simple, because they know would flop. They know forcing something into a stabilish franchise is an easy way of putting things.

Remember female Link? Why we need a female Link when Zelda can transform into a badass Sheik?

Saint Row reboot? Tom Clancy’s XDefiant?

None have the guts to make a new IP, so instead they make a totally new IP using a name of a well know franchise.
So basically they're parasites.

Little Chicken

Gold Member
I'm not surprised but it's not necessarily a bad thing, I think a lot of the content has just aged poorly in general. GTAV, the most recent in the series, is coming up to being a decade old.

supernova8

Banned
Who said they’re doing any of that? Updating the game can simply mean ray tracing, better framerates etc etc. There’s no reason to get preemptively mad about something that hasn’t actually happened. That’s usually the purview of the purple people.

I don't think anyone (including you) thinks that "updating content for modern audiences" means anything connected to visuals or the framerate, and so I think you're being pretty facetious. Sure, people are jumping the gun a bit but it's not exactly hard to work out what it means unless you intentionally try to muddy the waters.

Jaysen

Banned
I don't think anyone (including you) thinks that "updating content for modern audiences" means anything connected to visuals or the framerate, and so I think you're being pretty facetious. Sure, people are jumping the gun a bit but it's not exactly hard to work out what it means unless you intentionally try to muddy the waters.
I don’t know how anyone with any knowledge of Rockstar thinks they’re going super woke. That’s such a moronic assumption.

supernova8

Banned
I don’t know how anyone with any knowledge of Rockstar thinks they’re going super woke. That’s such a moronic assumption.

Considering how woke things have become since GTAV came out (don't forget it came out absolutely ages ago), I wouldn't say it's a moronic assumption at all.

Soodanim

I doubt they’ll gut the games. Even something like the Faggio scooter is still in current GTA. These games can probably be altered a bit to bring them more up to current gameplay and feel less dated. Like everyone hates the RC missions.

I’m more concerned with quality. The remastered San Andreas port that has been on sale for years is a shocking piece of shit.
This is all it’s going to be, really. People should be more concerned with the music than the content, but everyone’s too much crying about the woke warriors to follow the evidence. Rockstar are going to fix the common complaints and the mission that is a damn meme for how annoying it is. Follow the damn train, CJ.
Given how there isn't ONE DEFINITIVE version of any of these games (GTA III, Vice City or San Andreas) I think I'll play them emulated from PS2.

Played these games previously on PC (like most of the planet I'd say), but content, visuals, bugs and props vary to ridiculous levels between PS2, Xbox, original PC and iOS/Android builds.
Give them another go, but install a mod pack. It will take you 2 minutes, and they will have everything the console games do and more.
Post in thread 'GTA III - Android vs. Steam | Side by Side'
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gta-iii-android-vs-steam-side-by-side.1616131/post-264446223

Last edited:
Gaf Exclusive Leak:

GTA6 main protagonist will be a genius comrade veteran in his late 40s on his quest to save the world from a secret evil rainbow-haired commie-wannabe maam overlords who control the biggest tech corporations.

Players will be able to experience hilarious attempts of a big alpha male to transition into a weak convincing maam. They'll meet all sorts of weirdos on their journey from deer pretenders to fury and goat lovers to betas with dolls as their wives and will have to somehow find a way to befriend them and even eventually show them the light to build a team of super agents to take on the evil.

Jaysen

Banned
Considering how woke things have become since GTAV came out (don't forget it came out absolutely ages ago), I wouldn't say it's a moronic assumption at all.
GTA V has had a years long stream of new content and additions to GTA Online. Wheres the super woke content?

pr0cs

Doesn't surprise me at all, with the Housers gone you can bet all GTAs going forward (including remakes) will be the same as all the other games now "worried about hurting someone's feelings".
It was only a matter of time until the infection hit everything the game industry produces.

Don't know where I red about it guess It was Reddit.

They wanted Ray Liotta to voice Tommy Vercetti again but he wanted to much money.

So If there's really a Vice City Remake Tommy has another voice actor.

Don't ask me for a link or something I can't find it anymore.

Could be bullshit or not I don't know. Just wanted to Share this "information".

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022

I still have my doubts that this enhanced trilogy even exists in the first place so take this with a small grain of salt. There are also MANY other sites reporting the same information. You already know who the “modern audiences” are. If this is legitimate and they really do make changes or censor the classic GTA games, then I can imagine there will be a backlash from fans. Will Rockstar give in? I wouldn’t be really surprise me if they did with this crazy generation we live in.
nhQTfiJ.jpg

most of the planet played the 3d GTA games on PC? news to me

Kadve

There is an alternative universe out there where Rockstar includes the "Hot Coffee" instead, just to spite the old moral guardians...

brian0057

Banned
Just because something was done a certain way in the past, doesn't mean it's not offensive. Times change, get used to it.

"You must understand that our civilization is so vast that we can’t have our minorities upset and stirred. Ask yourself, What do we want in this country, above all? People want to be happy, isn’t that right? Haven’t you heard it all your life? I want to be happy, people say. Well, aren’t they? Don’t we keep them moving, don’t we give them fun? That’s all we live for, isn’t it? For pleasure, for titillation? And you must admit our culture provides plenty of these . . .

Coloured people don’t like Little Black Sambo. Burn it. White people don’t feel good about Uncle Tom’s Cabin. Burn it. Someone’s written a book on tobacco and cancer of the lungs? The cigarette people are weeping? Bum the book. Serenity, Montag. Peace, Montag. Take your fight outside. Better yet, into the incinerator. Funerals are unhappy and pagan? Eliminate them, too. Five minutes after a person is dead he’s on his way to the Big Flue, the Incinerators serviced by helicopters all over the country. Ten minutes after death a man’s a speck of black dust. Let’s not quibble over individuals with memoriams. Forget them. Burn them all, burn everything. Fire is bright and fire is clean . . .
"
- Fahrenheit 451.

This is you, right now.

Sybrix

All GTA games had huge controversies surrounding it, that increased the publicity and hype for the game.

These days however the ‘outrage’ can bring down companies…. It will be interesting to see how Rockstar deal with this.

Will also be telling about how GTA6 may play out

Kokoloko85

Got excited when I heard they are updating the controls and camera angle and GTA V combat controls etc…..

Hopefully they don’t take away too much. Let GTA be GTA

Swift_Star

Banned
Got excited when I heard they are updating the controls and camera angle and GTA V combat controls etc…..

Hopefully they don’t take away too much. Let GTA be GTA
They won't, they'll likely remove slurs and whatnot, nothing major, but thin skinned people will outrage and this thing will sell millions, which will make the thin skinned snowflakes cry and rage harder.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
All these years later and gta v still has no kids mode, I don't understand this at all. Younger kids would have fun driving around the city just fooling around without all the swearing and violence, I think this woukd have made them more money. (Yes I know the PC has s mod, I tried once and failed to load it plus most tvs in my house have no pc)

Why have they not shown the games at all yet?
A well informed customer is a bad customer.

The games obviously look like ass and that's why they Show Trailers and screenshots as late as possible.
Senua Senua
I've added this thin skinned 🤡 to my ignore list.

Can't stand this bullshit that everyone that is against this woke bullshit is a thin skinned snowflake.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Horatius

if they're not just clumsily saying that they're making gameplay changes then it's very funny that one of the pillars of the anti-censorship movement in video games is now willingly self-censoring

bring back jack thompson

Swift_Star

Banned
A well informed customer is a bad customer.

The games obviously look like ass and that's why they Show Trailers and screenshots as late as possible.
Senua Senua
I've added this thin skinned 🤡 to my ignore list.

Can't stand this bullshit that everyone that is against this woke bullshit is a thin skinned snowflake.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
You're really triggered huh 🤣 I guess I got you good. Way to go, snowflake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom