• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Enhanced may use RDR2 game engine and include PBR, GI, volumetric clouds and fog

bargeparty

It's the same engine guys, just a newer version. No reason they couldn't update it and add graphical features or increase textures, etc.

c904f910c6177c6bbfcd20f6d2eda17e8ca88450be9e75e23869f7d2456b8b77_1.jpg
Goddamn, this made me choke on my coffee.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Wait they would remake the entire game in the 2018 engine? Wouldn’t this be really unnecessarily hard to do? I dunno I don’t know how this sort of stuff works.
Because they make a lot of money with GTA Online. They don’t give a shit about the SP mode at all.

kyliethicc

What makes you say that? The upgrades from the ps3 to ps4 version were significant. Beyond graphical updates they added first person among other things, no reason to believe there won't be upgrades to this version.
Because now, unlike in 2013-14, they have sold over 100 million copies of an upres'd PS3 game. Even just in 2020 alone it was still a high selling game. I just assume they will do a quick port, and continue to make lots of money at minimum cost.

Leyasu

Banned
Lol. We are going to get a 60fps port and that is it.

They ain’t going to remake anything. Why bother? When it will sell tens of millions anyway!!

YCoCg

I expect a significant upgrade. You can hate rockstar all you want but the PS4 version was far superior to the PS3.
Because it was already in development for the PC which they based the PS4/XB1 versions off, and they intentionally held back the PC version another few extra months to drag out the release. Rockstar refused to do Pro/X patches for the game despite the console versions still not being close to the PC versions top settings. The game is stuck to 1080p/30 on consoles and features just the High pre-sets in most cases where as the PC version goes up to Ultra on most things and obviously can handle different resolutions, multiple MSAA methods for base graphics and reflection graphics, higher quality and detailed particle effects, etc.

IF anything, expect the "next gen" versions to possibly be the PC version on max settings with dynamic 4k and 60fps if we're feeling lucky.

Eric187

Banned
Because it was already in development for the PC which they based the PS4/XB1 versions off, and they intentionally held back the PC version another few extra months to drag out the release. Rockstar refused to do Pro/X patches for the game despite the console versions still not being close to the PC versions top settings. The game is stuck to 1080p/30 on consoles and features just the High pre-sets in most cases where as the PC version goes up to Ultra on most things and obviously can handle different resolutions, multiple MSAA methods for base graphics and reflection graphics, higher quality and detailed particle effects, etc.

IF anything, expect the "next gen" versions to possibly be the PC version on max settings with dynamic 4k and 60fps if we're feeling lucky.
Yea I know Rockstar didn’t update for the pro/X1X that’s why I’m assuming we’re going to get a decent upgrade not just the PC version. They get a lot of shit for GTAO but they put out quality product time and time again. I think it’s reasonable with the size of the company to assume GTAO, Enhanced GTA5, and GTA6 are all being developed.

YCoCg

Yea I know Rockstar didn’t update for the pro/X1X that’s why I’m assuming we’re going to get a decent upgrade not just the PC version. They get a lot of shit for GTAO but they put out quality product time and time again. I think it’s reasonable with the size of the company to assume GTAO, Enhanced GTA5, and GTA6 are all being developed.
This isn't the same Rockstar anymore, RDR2 was still a leftover from when the old team were working on it. Red Dead Online and GTA Online have been the new teams for a while now, and it does not put me in good faith.

Justin9mm

They're not gonna remake shit, just stop. The same company who couldn't even release a pro patch is gonna remake the game in an updated engine, all things which would take an easy 2 years - instead of working on GTA VI & others? Nah bruh.

Expect just the UI part to be true. They can still improve some things in the old version for consoles, I mean hell, they could just enable what's on PC. But I don't believe they'll put any work into it otherwise.
I second this!

R* are talented game developers but let's be real, they are a bunch of lazy, greedy cash grab mofos! They will do minimal effort to get maximum profit!

Last edited:
Top Bottom