• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Enhanced may use RDR2 game engine and include PBR, GI, volumetric clouds and fog

The problem isn't the amount of content. It's not even what it's stored on. It's that the game phones home to do...something...even if you're only loading into singleplayer. Internet disconnected? From titlecard to in-game in ~30 seconds off my dogshit slow 5400RPM HDD. Connected? Better go make a cup of tea because you're not even going to see Franklin's yee yee ass haircut, let alone load into online, for atleast 2-3 minutes.
Yee yee is a thing now? This is the second time I've seen this dumb ass slang for what I'm assuming means stupid.

The game makes so much cash.

I would guess they are upgrading it for GTA Online only for the next 10 years of its life.

When they bring GTA VI out i wonder how its going to interact with GTA Online if at all.

Maybe they'll take a Warzone like approach. GTA VI content inside of the existing GTA Online.

Concern

Lol they ain't doing shit. They're raking in cash exactly how it it is already. They're not going to waste resources on a 7 year old game that's still raking in cash.

Lol they ain't doing shit. They're raking in cash exactly how it it is already. They're not going to waste resources on a 7 year old game that's still raking in cash.

todd-howard.jpg

RPSleon

Ive had this game on ps3 and ps4. Im not buying it again for ps5.

I really hope someone else makes a good gta style game that just ends this bullshit.

GTA Online is ravaged by cheaters, I have an friend that cheats and is impossible for Rockstar to ban him, he can hide his information and pretend to be someone else ... Absolutely disgusting ... He told me less than a week ago that in his session, out of 30 players, there were 10 players who cheat like him ... He is able to see them, that too ... And he showed me that live via discord ... Absolutely ridiculous ...

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I mean it would make sense and it would actually add value to the game versus just re-releasing the same 2015 re-release uprezzed. With the RDR2 engine, it would take advantage of newer hardware.

Ironically it will make GTA V a looker then.

If they do, hopefully they will keep the FPS views.

Excess

This game needs to die in a fire. There are many business models that I would rather support in terms of eternal updates, such as CSGO, but GTA is not one of them. The world-building and character development of GTA single-player not only fleshes out the game universe, but it also helps build strong emotional connections with the brand. Continually reskinning content and making the online portion a laborious grind is not engendering good brand management. In fact, I can't stand Rockstar Game anymore. It's become Strauss Zelnick's personal piggy bank, and I won't participate in purchasing GTA for the 10 millionth time simply for some volumetric clouds.

And sourcing GTAForums? That place is an quite honestly a joke.

cryptoadam

Banned
Don't see it.

But wouldn't put it past rockstar to milk GTA V once more. It will sell millions if they drop it on PS5/XSX so why not.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Two canaries in the coal mines for the ruination of modern society...

1) Marvel movies killing war movies.

2) When games became about graphics over gameplay.

Rockstar are geniuses.

"People didn't buy GTA IV single player DLC. What's our next move?"

"Keep selling them the same game at full price."

Woggleman

It's sad how Rockstar was a company I would defend over anything.

The sad thing is that they have released great SP DLC in the past and it didn't sell but people keep doling out for shark cards.

As much as I get angry with them people keep buying it so who is really at fault?

RyRy93

They did it last gen, made a first person mode and more detailed vehicles interiors for 200+ of them when they didn't have to.
Wouldn't be surprised at all if GTA V made its way back to the top of the charts thanks to some relatively inexpensive engine upgrades.

Last edited:

Concern

They did it last gen, made a first person mode and more detailed vehicles interiors for 200+ of them when they didn't have to.
Wouldn't be surprised at all if GTA V made its way back to the top of the charts thanks to some relatively inexpensive engine upgrades.

Adding a fps is nothing compared to remaking the whole game in a new engine. Come on man, its not rocket science.

DinoD

Hey! I skipped GTA V on PS3 and PS4. Watched "Cyberpunk V.S GTA V" videos. I am ready to purchase this on PS5.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Hey! I skipped GTA V on PS3 and PS4. Watched "Cyberpunk V.S GTA V" videos. I am ready to purchase this on PS5.
Do it if you believe in the update.

You will get 1 million every month for PS+ subscription.

I felt no real difference between playing it on PS4 Pro or my PS5( ssd installed). Maybe update will fix it because game feels very slow compared to other games I play.

BlackM1st

Banned
Is red dead online going to get a next gen patch? I know it's only kinda related.... Or almost not at all.
Does anyone play it anymore? My friend list never shows me RDR online.

Mechanically RDR online is just as terrible as GTA O, but it also suffers from the time period/theme. People don't give a F about horses or custom saddles. I'm pretty sure RDR is/was DOA.

YCoCg

RAGE is a constantly evolving engine, it's probably just using some of RDR2's files because it's just newer and more streamlined. GTAV is a low priority port, it might not even have HDR, but Rockstar don't give a crap as this will continue to sell for the next decade because we keep giving them money. That's the reason they didn't update GTAV on PS4/XB1 so it can seem like a bigger jump and more impressive for their low effort port job just so they can have something on PS5/XBS whilst GTA6 gets pushed back even more due to most of the staff leaving.

V4skunk

Banned

I would guess they are upgrading it for GTA Online only for the next 10 years of its life.

When they bring GTA VI out i wonder how its going to interact with GTA Online if at all.
I wouldn't expect GTAVI for at least 2 years

nkarafo

First there was Doom, champion and allfather to the pantheon of ports, and it made its name known to all
Bah, many of these so called ports aren't even really DOOM. Like some calculator "ports" that claim to run the game. There is no DOOM engine and no DOOM levels in those.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Bah, many of these so called ports aren't even really DOOM. Like some calculator "ports" that claim to run the game. There is no DOOM engine and no DOOM levels in those.
If I can’t hear it, it isn’t Doom. I’m not interesting in playing on a smart fridge.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
It's sad how Rockstar was a company I would defend over anything.

The sad thing is that they have released great SP DLC in the past and it didn't sell but people keep doling out for shark cards.

As much as I get angry with them people keep buying it so who is really at fault?

mate its a company/business ffs, brand loyalty to a corporation that views you as nothing more than a milk cow is a childs view of the world tbh

If they restore all the heists they put in multiplayer back into single player, I’ll buy. Otherwise, I’ll keep my current copy.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
is this also coming to PC? or is this "enhanced" version gonna be lower quality than PC?

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

Probably a separate game like cod Warzone. Would make most sense.

Top Bottom