• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V modding thread

Myths

The blur on the car makes no sense. The main focal point is the car, its literally what the camera is focused on. Why would the car be this lump of blur?

It's hars cause I don't want to shit on modders work, they are doing this all strictly for the passion of it. It's typically a non paid endeavor and there's clearly some talent involved, but it's always so weird to hear people say modders are doing a better job than *inset developr here* when the work, while having merit, usually comes off as very amateurish.
No, no, you’re completely right. The reason why there was a blur on the car was due to me being lazy not respawning the car as an object attached to the player’s camera (I.e. not
“my” god damn car as the game sees it). You can also see this in the one with the “surfing.” In the surfing vid, I had to spawn another model and play an animation (so that’s not my player model, its hidden with that model attached therefore it is affected by third person motion blur). It’s just the way the game handles third person objects not attached or “using” the player’s camera settings. Usually everything other than the player model and its objects (car and attachable items) have their own third person motion blur settings.

Don’t let my crappy modding videos change the tune that there are decent mods out there without overdoing it like I have.

Is there a mod that adds a greenish Matrix filter to the game? When I look it up I keep getting bullet time mods, but that's not what I'm looking for. I want something that makes it look closer to this:

Are you asking for a green filter over the game period or only during bullet time? If it’s the former, it’s a lot easier to achieve that through ReShade as a simple RGB overlay. If you’re referring to bullet time, you’d have to modify the postfx in one of the timecycle files that controls the Visual Effects applied for that specific game instance. Basically, all locations (including character special abilities) have their own lighting, temperature, and vfx when triggered in these files. These files also control the lighting at specific times of the day too.

Last edited:

Myths

Now running @2494p (scaled down to 2160p in upload). There’s a mod that allows greater resource/VRAM allocation that practically removes LOD/“pop in” assets. Max VRAM went from ~10GB to ~20GB on 4090. This was most obvious when using look behind.

Last edited:
Now running @2494p (scaled down to 2160p in upload). There’s a mod that allows greater resource/VRAM allocation that practically removes LOD/“pop in” assets. Max VRAM went from ~10GB to ~20GB on 4090. This was most obvious when using look behind.

Nice, I'll need to try that out. Is the performance decent? I only ask because I'm using a 3090.

Myths

Nice, I'll need to try that out. Is the performance decent? I only ask because I'm using a 3090.
No performance hit with this resource tool.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/resource-adjuster

https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/ymap-load-list-extent-limit-fix-fwboxstreamervariable-patch

The second link helps with add-on YMAPS and extending the draw distance.

I run the game at 4434x2494, I’m around 45 FPS with the typical dips in grassy, tree heavy countryside.

Myths

It would be nice to see ReShade should apply its effects somewhere in the buffer before godrays so that it wouldn’t look conflict with the final frame

Last edited:
Top Bottom