• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V modding thread

Someone made a drive-by mod. Shotguns in cars for everyone.

wmxb.png

xmxb.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The grappling hook mod has gotten me hooked( no pun) to just continue with straight chaos.

Stealing a Heli with the grappling hook

attaching to trucks together.

Sports Jerseys/Hats are also looking good.

It is definitely super rad.

gta5_2015_06_01_15_32_40_by_aloooo81-d8vmufp.jpg

gta5_2015_06_01_15_38_48_by_aloooo81-d8vmufd.jpg

Something really unfortunate I learned is that when paying your dollar at the mod site to get access to the download, that doesn't buy you access to the mod. It buys you access to that literal one download. Meaning when the creator updates, you need to either complete a survey or pay another dollar.

A dollar isn't much, but it feels like a shitty method to handle it.

ShoNuff90

Neo Member
It is definitely super rad.

gta5_2015_06_01_15_32_40_by_aloooo81-d8vmufp.jpg

gta5_2015_06_01_15_38_48_by_aloooo81-d8vmufd.jpg

Something really unfortunate I learned is that when paying your dollar at the mod site to get access to the download, that doesn't buy you access to the mod. It buys you access to that literal one download. Meaning when the creator updates, you need to either complete a survey or pay another dollar.

A dollar isn't much, but it feels like a shitty method to handle it.
wait, What? Did you pay a dollar for this mod?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
That's weird I don't remember doing a survey I just clicked on the link the creator put in his thread and downloaded the file.

I got it from this link:
https://gta5base.com/scripts/Just_Cause_2_Grappling_hook_mod-f14

Yep, you're supposed to pay for it or complete a survey. After paying and finding out it only bought me literally 1 download, not access to the mod I ended up just looking through the pages source and finding an exploit to download without doing either. Seriously such BS. At least when I emailed them about it they said "Currently paying only buys you one download, we're talking about perhaps changing that in the future" so idk. We'll see. It's left a bad taste in my mouth.

Any idea when we'll start seeing actual car models? The textures and logo changes are nice but that's what I'm reallyy looking forward to

Vuze

Any idea when we'll start seeing actual car models? The textures and logo changes are nice but that's what I'm reallyy looking forward to
Once OpenIV adds support for editing models or somebody else releases a tool for that to the public. Could be tomorrow, could be two weeks or several months. :p
Author of OpenIV said it will "take some time".

I'm excited for model mods too, especially characters.

Once OpenIV adds support for editing models or somebody else releases a tool for that to the public. Could be tomorrow, could be two weeks or several months. :p
Author of OpenIV said it will "take some time".

I'm excited for model mods too, especially characters.

Damn.

I love how I currently can't play the game I paid for because of some networking issues, and it mentions something about not being able to activate with Rockstar's servers. Really great stuff, treating paying customers like pirates.

Vuze

In case somebody needs a similar feature, I forked the latest version of Enhanced Native Trainer and modified the airbreak mode:
- current animation doesn't get canceled
- two new speeds for better positioning (very slow 0.05f and crawling 0.001f)
- no collision when airbreak is enabled (unfortunately doesn't get reset when disabled, for now use the "Push through door" hotkey after disabling airbreak to work around that)

You can get the source code and compile it from here: https://github.com/mhvuze/GTAV-EnhancedNativeTrainer

Basically I wanted to have a true, precise noclip for arranging screenshots and I think this does a good job combined with Simple Trainer Vs looped animation feature.

example:

I'm also surprised at how good first person works in this case considering you were never meant to see this animation/pose in first person. No major glitches at all:

The newest patch kinda fixes the messed up automatic weapon sound bug, where it would sound as though you were firing two shots instead of one. Now if you press the fire button lightly, it'll produce a single shot, but pressing it harder will still result in two shots sounding off despite only firing one round.

New updates seems to have my broken my mods. I ran the batch file that would rename the modded rpf t update.mod and then rename update.org to update.rpf prior to running the update. Now when I try loading the game with the hooks on, the game crashes while loading story mode. I downloaded the latest scripthook and I don't know what to do.. I feel like giving up on modding SP until the game is set to mod.

Vuze

New updates seems to have my broken my mods. I ran the batch file that would rename the modded rpf t update.mod and then rename update.org to update.rpf prior to running the update. Now when I try loading the game with the hooks on, the game crashes while loading story mode. I downloaded the latest scripthook and I don't know what to do.. I feel like giving up on modding SP until the game is set to mod.
I guess you will have to reinstall your mods to the updated update.rpf which is a pain in the ass hence why I didn't update yet. Somebody should really get started on an .rpf mod installer, preferably to update.rpf. If I could, I'd to it myself since I guess most people will just prefer to use the "mod" folder feature of OpenIV which I think is suboptimal.

Anyway, screw the two new cars or whatever this update offers, game runs fine for me so I see no reason to update yet. I'd rather keep my mods ;p

I guess you will have to reinstall your mods to the updated update.rpf which is a pain in the ass hence why I didn't update yet. Somebody should really get started on an .rpf mod installer, preferably to update.rpf. If I could, I'd to it myself since I guess most people will just prefer to use the "mod" folder feature of OpenIV which I think is suboptimal.

Anyway, screw the two new cars or whatever this update offers, game runs fine for me so I see no reason to update yet. I'd rather keep my mods ;p

I backed up my RPF as when I run the batch file that enables mods, I still have disabled rockstar logo which confirms the RPF is loaded. . It just crashes before it loads.

julrik

Are there any mods which changes the appearance of Michael, Trevor and Franklin? Either a mod that changes the textures of their faces, gives them a new face, or something like that?

If not, is it likely we'll get it in the future? I'm not a fan of their faces, really..

SlickVic

I'm enjoying the Mind Control mod, which allows you to "possess" the nearest pedestrian. Switch to a ped, punch another ped, and then switch to a different ped, and sit back and watch the fight that ensues.

So I managed to find and change the pistol sound, heres a quick test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EegxvDiIszk

Problem is, it's a pain in the ass. The sound is split in two files, first you have to find the first channel in RESIDENT.rpf, and then the other channel in WEAPONS_PLAYER.rpf.
The ones in RESIDENT.rpf have names like "0x0F4DFCD5" and there's hundreds of them, so you have to listen to each one and find it. Also the sound files have to be really short or else it wont work.

Yeah.. this is gonna take a long time.

So I managed to find and change the pistol sound, heres a quick test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EegxvDiIszk

Problem is, it's a pain in the ass. The sound is split in two files, first you have to find the first channel in RESIDENT.rpf, and then the other channel in WEAPONS_PLAYER.rpf.
The ones in RESIDENT.rpf have names like "0x0F4DFCD5" and there's hundreds of them, so you have to listen to each one and find it. Also the sound files have to be really short or else it wont work.

Yeah.. this is gonna take a long time.

Someone's made a sound mod for a few pistols, maybe you could ask him about it?

Pizza

So do any of these work in multiplayer? If I were to tweak an aesthetic mod or something would it still look that way in gta online?

Yeah that sounds weird, most of the sound is coming from the left speaker. You have to also change the sound in RESIDENT.rpf, which is the right speaker.

Yeah, the mod author mentioned it.

Known Issues: Sound equalization might be a little off in third-person (most of the gunshot sound itself is heard on the left side, with some of it and the reverberation being heard on the right side). Will try to fix this.

CHC

I'd really love it if someone made a mod that turned scuba gear into a "weapon" that I could equip / unequip at will. I hate having to avoid touching the ground to prevent the character from throwing it off like a cat when you put something on its head.

I'm sure it's complex to do though, so I'm not holding out too much hope.

Vuze

I'd really love it if someone made a mod that turned scuba gear into a "weapon" that I could equip / unequip at will. I hate having to avoid touching the ground to prevent the character from throwing it off like a cat when you put something on its head.

I'm sure it's complex to do though, so I'm not holding out too much hope.
Don't think so, it's probably just a flag that needs to be inverted in some sort of property file. That's how I'd approach it anyway. Unfortunately quite a substancial amount of these cannot be accessed yet and after a quick search through the accessible ones, I assume the one containing the scuba gear properties is one of the former. Atleast searching for "scuba" in the available xml/meta files didn't yield any results apart from position and vignetting settings for first person view etc while wearing the gear.

===

Did somebody here get ENB + ReShade/SweetFX to work together btw? My game just crashes when I set the proxy to this:
Code:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=ReShade64.dll

ENB is getting quite interesting with the newly added SSAA for cars and higher quality MSAA in general but I want to keep my SFX profile as well.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Don't think so, it's probably just a flag that needs to be inverted in some sort of property file. That's how I'd approach it anyway. Unfortunately quite a substancial amount of these cannot be accessed yet and after a quick search through the accessible ones, I assume the one containing the scuba gear properties is one of the former. Atleast searching for "scuba" in the available xml/meta files didn't yield any results apart from position and vignetting settings for first person view etc while wearing the gear.

===

Did somebody here get ENB + ReShade/SweetFX to work together btw? My game just crashes when I set the proxy to this:
Code:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=ReShade64.dll

ENB is getting quite interesting with the newly added SSAA for cars and higher quality MSAA in general but I want to keep my SFX profile as well.

Enable proxy library, and make sure that the ReShade dLL file you're using is named ReShade64.dll. That SHOULD work.

Vuze

Enable proxy library, and make sure that the ReShade dLL file you're using is named ReShade64.dll. That SHOULD work.
Yeah, it SHOULD :p
Once I enable proxy library, the game crashes (my paste of the config was wrong, duh). But if I don't enable it, ReShade doesn't kick in.

That's the error btw:
| ERROR | Unable to resolve hook for '0x00007FFA62D86170'!

Guess I'll bother the ReShade devs with it

CHC

Oh cool - thanks for the thorough answer either way!

Top Bottom