• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V modding thread

april6e

Anyone feel like explaining whether the GTA V mod scene has anything for a solo player like myself?

Basically, I'm someone who has always been annoyed at GTA Online because if they put all that incredible stuff into the single player game so you could play it without the lag and shuddery nature of online play, it would be the greatest thing ever.

This giant roleplay trend we've seen in the past couple of years...is there a really good GTA Online mode that doesn't revolve around socializing? Like, instead, it's more RPG like where you can just go off on your own and improve your skills and stuff? Or one that brings back Cops and Robbers and Mafiya work, which were amazing in GTA IV?

Last edited:
I'd like to see a mod that increased pedestrian density to something more realistic (like on the beach by the pier there should be tons of people, not like 8 people on the whole beach); would add a lot to the immersion factor.
Praise the fucking Lord. Hallelujah.

I don't see this ever being requested. It's the one thing that breaks immersion of an open world. Fucking 10 NPC's and 10 cars on screen in a city center in the middle of the day. What a fucking joke.

Praise the fucking Lord. Hallelujah.

I don't see this ever being requested. It's the one thing that breaks immersion of an open world. Fucking 10 NPC's and 10 cars on screen in a city center in the middle of the day. What a fucking joke.
You can crank these numbers up to 11, but beware, this taxes even modern hardware.

Yeah, forgot to link to the mod... Sorry:

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Rockstar’s latest entry in the genre-defining open-world crime thriller – Grand Theft Auto 5 has been a monumental success on both a critical and commercial level. As fans clamor for any morsel of information on the heavily rumored Grand Theft Auto 6, there’s more than enough within Grand Theft Auto 5’s online mode to keep fans invested constantly. Most importantly, however, legions of dedicated fans and small developer groups have developed tons of mods for the game.

Of course, many are just visual overhauls to the experience but the best of the best take a step further and add new ways to interact with the game. These are some of the best mods that fans can download for GTA 5 right now.

The lack of HDR recording and bit depth compression hurts

F U C K !!!

giphy.gif

Myths

Actually went ahead and used my monitor to output a higher res from my laptop. Maybe this is where i’ve failed using DLSS for 4K when instead native would save me a bit of frames on my main build. So I’m going to look into a 4K monitor as a secondary.

Still a struggle so maybe I’ll snatch a 3070 laptop. I just know I’m going to rip through with my settings.

Last edited:

YCoCg

I wonder what's going to happen when Take-Two win that court case against that modding team, one of the rules they want to put in place is forbidding mods that enhance the game in any way or form, including graphics.

Myths

I wonder what's going to happen when Take-Two win that court case against that modding team, one of the rules they want to put in place is forbidding mods that enhance the game in any way or form, including graphics.
Which modding team? I know the guy doing NaturalVision mods has an absurd amount of income from Patreon. It’s kind of hard to wrap my head around how he’s getting away with keeping the mod “in development” while having people shell out money monthly for what is essentially new versions/builds.

YCoCg

Which modding team? I know the guy doing NaturalVision mods has an absurd amount of income from Patreon. It’s kind of hard to wrap my head around how he’s getting away with keeping the mod “in development” while having people shell out money monthly for what is essentially new versions/builds.
The reverse engineer team who did re3 and revc, if you read that draft of the lawsuit, one of Take-Two's pleas and demands is to forbid modding of their software in any way that can enhance the game, fix the game, make the game look better, add cheats, etc.

The reverse engineer team who did re3 and revc, if you read that draft of the lawsuit, one of Take-Two's pleas and demands is to forbid modding of their software in any way that can enhance the game, fix the game, make the game look better, add cheats, etc.

People should have the right to modify their software as they please.

There needs to be a right to repair and modify software movement.

*EDIT*

Sorry for double post. Just realized I did that.

Last edited:

Myths

That last one was horrendous. I get the feeling I could run this in 4K on a 30 series laptop. Makes me question the condition of my 2080ti which struggles?

On my 1660ti @ 1440.

NaturalVision Remastered, then I have Reshade and my own LUT to give it some life. I’m really thinking about picking up a 30 series notebook, see if I could push for 4K.

And if so, I will sell my entire PC because that’s just sad I can beat it out.
Thanks mate. I appreciate the response. I will have to download NaturalVision Remastered then.

Have not finished GTAV single player campaign yet and want to get some graphical mods installed so I can do my first complete playthrough of the game.

Myths

Thanks mate. I appreciate the response. I will have to download NaturalVision Remastered then.

Have not finished GTAV single player campaign yet and want to get some graphical mods installed so I can do my first complete playthrough of the game.
Also Photorealistic San Andreas ENB (PRSA). Reshade if you want to reach my look.

(Concept)

Last edited:

Myths

Gonna start using those bait titles too since I wanna compete with those big channels:

I normally don't do the wet roads thing, but I wanted to mess with mixing multiple weathers here. Been modifying Bloom these past two weeks to balance my Highlights. Still very heavy on the highlights, but I'll take it.

ultrazilla

Jesus. What's the mod list here?

See, here's the thing. I know "Youtube compression" and all that but the gameplay still looks choppy which in the end, isn't fun no matter how good it looks with all the mods installed IMO.

If you want to see some really, really good modded games, give Digital Dreams a look on Youtube. Their videos are incredible and the gameplay is smooth.

You know what sucks about the upcoming "next generation" Series X, S and PS5 "Grand Theft Auto V" ports? They're probably capable of reaching those looks with the hardware(Series S toned down I get that)
and Rockstar won't put the budget into whomever is doing the remaster as we've already witnessed. They're not getting my money for a half ass upscaled 4k port of the game when they could have really killed
it with an incredible ground up remake/remaster. Anyways, I'm rambling, enjoy the video. They have *AMAZING* videos on Digital Dreams(no, I have no affiliation with them at all btw).

Myths

See, here's the thing. I know "Youtube compression" and all that but the gameplay still looks choppy which in the end, isn't fun no matter how good it looks with all the mods installed IMO.

If you want to see some really, really good modded games, give Digital Dreams a look on Youtube. Their videos are incredible and the gameplay is smooth.

You know what sucks about the upcoming "next generation" Series X, S and PS5 "Grand Theft Auto V" ports? They're probably capable of reaching those looks with the hardware(Series S toned down I get that)
and Rockstar won't put the budget into whomever is doing the remaster as we've already witnessed. They're not getting my money for a half ass upscaled 4k port of the game when they could have really killed
it with an incredible ground up remake/remaster. Anyways, I'm rambling, enjoy the video. They have *AMAZING* videos on Digital Dreams(no, I have no affiliation with them at all btw).

I know Digital Dreams and practically every other popular modding channel out there. They all use top end components which they list off in their description obviously - I’m not using a 30 series. As smooth as some of their games run, many of them exaggerate the photorealistic bit. We’ve been doing this for years, but to be expected with improved hardware and software.

But opinions. I may or may not grab a 3070 or better laptop. But if I did anyway, the game would be running a lot faster obviously. Consider me as a bottom line.

amc

Got to say a lot of these mods seem to be filled with a ton of shitty motion blur and poor frame rates. Not just on this page but from my searches off site too. I get that these things are mods but they don't seem to add anything over a beefy PC 4K 60 when I whack everything up to max, yeah everything, even grass lol. With Gysnc I can play that at a near flawless 60 at tip top vanilla setting in 4k.

I'm yet to see one of these 'photo realistic' mods that beats the look or fidelity of vanilla GTAV when at its very best, at least not without a ton of blur and chop anyway. I'm well up for being proven wrong and provided with a mod video that really does live up to the photo real moniker, and not one with lashings of motion blur and choppy frames.

I will say, I remember seeing something pretty tasty for IV years ago but standard V maxed out probably beats it.

Blur and chop can get to fuck.

Last edited:

Myths

Got to say a lot of these mods seem to be filled with a ton of shitty motion blur and poor frame rates. Not just on this page but from my searches off site too. I get that these things are mods but they don't seem to add anything over a beefy PC 4K 60 when I whack everything up to max, yeah everything, even grass lol. With Gysnc I can play that at a near flawless 60 at tip top vanilla setting in 4k.

I'm yet to see one of these 'photo realistic' mods that beats the look or fidelity of vanilla GTAV when at its very best, at least not without a ton of blur and chop anyway. I'm well up for being proven wrong and provided with a mod video that really does live up to the photo real moniker, and not one with lashings of motion blur and choppy frames.

I will say, I remember seeing something pretty tasty for IV years ago but standard V maxed out probably beats it.

Blur and chop can get to fuck.
True. I'm not even going to sit here and act like that isn't me. It 100% is and now that I've just bought a 3070 mobile, the fps is the same as if I would've run it on a 2080 Ti (extremely sad [see shit video above with mustang]). And yes, I could not use 4K DSR here and get much more acceptable fps @ 1440 but this is my first output since it arrived yesterday:

Not saying this is acceptable at all, and realistically, if I just set the res to 1440p I'm sitting around 40fps with (something I'm fine with still). Not a big deal. Just wanted to whore 4K honestly and test the limits of a mid-ranged 30 series laptop.
Now I almost want to exchange it and snatch a 3080 mobile instead but I'll chill out.

amc

No, it wasn't aimed at you, not really. I've seen these videos for years and every time I watch them I'm left disappointed. Not so much by the uploader but the actual mod.

I'd love to throw a mod on my base GTA V and be wowed but I just haven't seen anything, yet, that's made me bother. I did find that intel AI thing pretty amazing looking, in stills lol. Once you see the video in motion it becomes another matter, real world assets or no.

Congrats on the new hardware, RTX are great cards. Enjoy

Myths

Installed a “remake” mod with some new foliage, that’s about it.
Desperately hope EE version will have support for DX12. Shadow Cascades is the aspect I’m most focused on followed by the LOD. The RTGI saps the hell out the FPS, going to install the latest version and see if there are any optimizations.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Installed a “remake” mod with some new foliage, that’s about it.
Desperately hope EE version will have support for DX12. Shadow Cascades is the aspect I’m most focused on followed by the LOD. The RTGI saps the hell out the FPS, going to install the latest version and see if there are any optimizations.

Cool. You should make a modding tutorial.

Myths

Cool. You should make a modding tutorial.
I’ve been thinking about it. I’ll have to split it into separate parts, one for basic OIV installation, then one for Reshade and modifying shaders. I am learning more and more about them too so it’s great.

Last edited:

GymWolf

What performance i can expect on pc, epic store vanilla version, 2070super stock, 8600k stock, 16gb ddr4 3200.

Is 4k60 rock solid possible if i put the usual things on medium (shadows, ao, etc.)

Any well known performance killer setting?

I really don't wanna spend 2 hours playing with settings.

Last edited:

Myths

What performance i can expect on pc, epic store vanilla version, 2070super stock, 8600k stock, 16gb ddr4 3200.

Is 4k60 rock solid possible if i put the usual things on medium (shadows, ao, etc.)

Any well known performance killer setting?

I really don't wanna spend 2 hours playing with settings.
You should be ace with Very High I would even say. Vanilla really isn’t that taxing on 2070… at least since I played on a 1660ti which is about the same.

Is there a mod that adds a greenish Matrix filter to the game? When I look it up I keep getting bullet time mods, but that's not what I'm looking for. I want something that makes it look closer to this:

Beeen a while. And this is not rockstar editor, never. All real time with a slow-mo mod.

Gta5-mods

Just look for graphic mods. But it takes a lot of time to adjust settings and values to get it right.

The blur on the car makes no sense. The main focal point is the car, its literally what the camera is focused on. Why would the car be this lump of blur?

It's hars cause I don't want to shit on modders work, they are doing this all strictly for the passion of it. It's typically a non paid endeavor and there's clearly some talent involved, but it's always so weird to hear people say modders are doing a better job than *inset developr here* when the work, while having merit, usually comes off as very amateurish.

Top Bottom