• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V (PS5) currently up on the PS Store at 75% off ($9.99/€9,99) until June 14 and can be pre-loaded now

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
but if you buy the upgrade you get both no? Don't think you can just buy standalone story mode on either console

Correct. Right now you should get the entire bundle on PS5 for $10 and Xbox for $20 cause it already includes Online on PS5.

After 3 months the price for both version increase to $40.

93xfan

Banned
Correct. Right now you should get the entire bundle on PS5 for $10 and Xbox for $20 cause it already includes Online on PS5.

After 3 months the price for both version increase to $40.
Continued…

After 12 months it decreases to $5 because the player base is too small and has been screwed over too much

april6e

Visuals above the PC version's highest settings, raytracing, DualSense features, HDR, 3D audio... how are $10 too expensive for all that?

I would like your source on that. Your first statement (visuals higher than PC Ultra) sounds utterly false.

Justin9mm

From my understanding this is not an upgrade but a standalone PS5 version separate from the PS4 version? Every article I read keeps calling it an upgrade which is confusing.

So for people that never owned it on console or don't have the PS4 version etc. Is getting a really good deal on this price. I for one only had physical PS4 version which I sold a long time ago so this works for me.

Last edited:

Kerotan

I just realised the past price is only until June and it's 75% off. So I just bought it. Won't be getting it cheaper.

ethomaz

Banned
I would like your source on that. Your first statement (visuals higher than PC Ultra) sounds utterly false.
It depends if PC will receive the same enhancements or not.

Rockstar says that about this new version:

“feature new graphics modes including up to 4K resolution, a framerate of up to 60 frames per second, improved texture qualities, HDR options and ray tracing, faster loading times, immersive 3D audio, platform-specific features, and more.”

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
From my understanding this is not an upgrade but a standalone PS5 version separate from the PS4 version? Every article I read keeps calling it an upgrade which is confusing.

So for people that never owned it on console or don't have the PS4 version etc. Is getting a really good deal on this price. I for one only had physical PS4 version which I sold a long time ago so this works for me.
It is a upgrade.
But it sold separately.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I want this to be good but after the disaster that was Grove Street Garbage’s last product, I’ll wait and see.

Why do people pre-order digital games? Am I too old to understand the point?

RPS37

Omg the XSX upgrade is 20 instead of 10.
I think I just made my decision.

Edit: also how ridiculous is it that they think it’s cooo to bump the price up to 40 ima few months. Wtf rockstar.

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Any news if they added any of the dlc weapons and vehicles into the story mode?

Perrott

Gold Member
K0OS1q3.jpg
dR8l0RR.jpg

nordique

Did anyone put in their ps4 disc and get a ps5 download going?? My gta5 icon is "downloading" and shows the ps5 logo next to it now.

Can anyone else confirm this also happened to them?

Edit: it now shows unlocking countdown

May be a free upgrade for ps4 disc owners. I have the premium edition for whatever it's worth

Edit 2: image uploaded
NLFe5bl.jpg

Last edited:

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Did anyone put in their ps4 disc and get a ps5 download going?? My gta5 icon is "downloading" and shows the ps5 logo next to it now.

May be a free upgrade for ps4 disc owners. I have the premium edition for whatever it's worth

NLFe5bl.jpg
I just put my disc in and got this too however I selected the free GTA Online download option. Weird.

Cohetedor

Never played it, picked it up back in October for 14.99, sitting in my backlog. Went ahead and payed the ten, may as well play the best version when I finally get around to it. Maybe this fall if I ever finish Elden Ring.

Boss Mog

NLFe5bl.jpg
What was the size of the download? Full version is 87GB, if its less than that then it's probably only GTA Online. Not gonna lie though, I will be very pissed if I spent 10 for nothing.

Boss Mog

Yeah for me it’s about 90gb
I still think it's unlikely you'll get the campaign but like I said, I will be upset if it turns out to be free for current PS4 owners, though it would serve me right for pre-ordering something digital, something I swore I would never do. I did recently spend 10 to upgrade Uncharted 4+LL to PS5 but I got access to that right away and I was certain there was no free path, plus i got a free movie ticket to see the film which I ended up enjoying. I think that's why I just blindly went in on this deal before the game was out, even though it lasts until June 14th. I guess we wait a few more days and see.

DJ12

Lighting, LOD and shadows are improved but what’s the bet you need to accept 30fps for all three.
They've already said 60fps, so let's see what vgtech or nxgamer has to say on the matter.

It looks quite the upgrade over the old version on PC.

Banjo64

cumsessed
They've already said 60fps, so let's see what vgtech or nxgamer has to say on the matter.

It looks quite the upgrade over the old version on PC.
There’s 3 modes isn’t there? 60fps, 30fps and 30fps with ray tracing? I agree that there’s no way those screenshots are from the 60fps mode.

DJ12

There’s 3 modes isn’t there? 60fps, 30fps and 30fps with ray tracing? I agree that there’s no way those screenshots are from the 60fps mode.
No idea, other than buying it got no interest at this point.

Didn't think they'd released anything until I saw the pictures above.

TIGERCOOL

nah theres 4k with raytracing at 30fps, upscaled 4k with no RT at 60fps, and performance RT targetting 60fps (assume this will be pretty low res)

If it was actually the PS3 version you might have a point, hell if it was the PS4 I'd give ya that.
But as it's a Remastered version for current gen.
It's pretty good.
Although I wished they remastered GTAIV instead.
This is too soon.
Have you seen it?

nordique

I still think it's unlikely you'll get the campaign but like I said, I will be upset if it turns out to be free for current PS4 owners, though it would serve me right for pre-ordering something digital, something I swore I would never do. I did recently spend 10 to upgrade Uncharted 4+LL to PS5 but I got access to that right away and I was certain there was no free path, plus i got a free movie ticket to see the film which I ended up enjoying. I think that's why I just blindly went in on this deal before the game was out, even though it lasts until June 14th. I guess we wait a few more days and see.

It’s only 10$ and you have it digital so can always sell the ps4 disc version too

No harm in the end. 10$ isn’t a big deal

Gonna wait for reviews, if the tech is good I might get it and finally finish the story.
It's Rockstar of course the tech will be good but it's also based on a very old game. You can layer as many effects on but it's still based on a very old version of the RAGE engine.

Top Bottom