• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GTplanet] Prices for cars again raised in Gran Turismo 7

modiz

It seems PD again raised the prices for cars in Gran Turismo 7 which was sold for full price at launch and already had its fair share of backlash regarding in game monetization.
It's good that people analyze every patch to call this behavior out.
I don't know that they are thinking to be honest, I want the old Gran Turismo back.

Source:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I guess they're scaling it based upon demand? That's pretty shitty though, this scaling or price changings makes this game more like a Live Service than a normal game.
That's the idea.

Conveniently, the market is booming for such cars lol

And you can't sell them in the game.. so the user can't take advantage of that fact to make credits.

Honestly I just don't like the model they are using where cars are temporary either... yes, it is live service-y to do that.. but it's just not what I want out of a car driving game personally. The cars aren't pointless cosmetics like in other GAAS games I enjoy.. they are the main reason you play the game.. to earn and race better or different cars.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Meh. Live-service devs have always been greedy.
It seems they are joining their ranks now. Nothing new.

I expect for them to fill the game with tons of purchasable cars, in order to entice users to spend more money.

Aion002

Greed is good.
Michael Douglas High Quality GIF

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Meh. Live-service devs have always been greedy.
12 more gaas games from Sony coming up. This is just a preview of things to come.

And this has always been my problem with gaas and multiplatform games. When the first party focus shifts from selling consoles by releasing quality goty caliber content to milking revenue out of first party content, this is exactly what happens. Greed trumps pro consumer policies every time.

kingfey

Banned
12 more gaas games from Sony coming up. This is just a preview of things to come.

And this has always been my problem with gaas and multiplatform games. When the first party focus shifts from selling consoles by releasing quality goty caliber content to milking revenue out of first party content, this is exactly what happens. Greed trumps pro consumer policies every time.
Money corrupts companies. Sony saw a money making games, and they are going after.

EA is prime example of that. Good games before. Now fully in bed with mtx games.

SLB1904

Banned

The prices in hagarty in gran turismo are based in hagarty insurance in real life. It has nothing to do with your conspiracy theories. Is always the same people that don't play the game or even bought the game concerned about it. Also you don't need to own every car.

Markio128

The prices in hagarty in gran turismo are based in hagarty insurance in real life. It has nothing to do with your conspiracy theories. Is always the same people that don't play the game or even bought the game concerned about it. Also you don't need to own every car.
Furthermore, I‘ve spent 100+ hours with GT7 and not spent a single additional penny on the game, or have been wanting for additional content.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I guess they're scaling it based upon demand? That's pretty shitty though, this scaling or price changings makes this game more like a Live Service than a normal game.
If that's what they do with a franchise like Gran Turismo... IMAGINE THE ARRIVAL OF THE LAST OF US 2 MULTIPLAYER OR THE NEW GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK.

In my opinion, it's even scary when God of War Ragnarok arrives... because of the disasters that are going to happen to these practices.

ACESHIGH

Banned
I don't want this trash on PC. Hopefully Sony does not waste it's time porting this instead of other more interesting games without predatory mtx.

Can't they remaster GT4? That was peak gran turismo.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
What exactly is the purpose of the word "just" in this case?
To establish that it's long been known that they will vary with the dynamic insurance pricing. It's not new, and not the same as suddenly having a standard brand car set at 500,000 CR in patch 1.14 suddenly leap to 1.2m CR to get a bump in MTX.

Basically 'feature working as intended and described'. But it means we will get a topic every time we get a refresh.

"More intriguingly, the vehicle values will be dynamic, and guided by Hagerty’s own real-world expertise. Although no interval has been stated yet, the prices in the dealer will rise and fall (as indicated by blue and red arrows) as they would in a real classic car dealer, using the Hagerty Valuation Tool."

Celcius

°Temp. member
Don't get me wrong, the game is amazing and I have well over 100 hours in the game so far - but I dislike how they're handling the economics of the game.

Not only are some of the cars really expensive (and you bet I grinded Tokyo in the Tomahawk countless times before they patched it) but also the limited availability of cars in the legendary dealership and the used dealership is annoying. It doesn't matter how much money you have if the car you want isn't in stock in the first place. Also, why can't we sell our duplicate cars? This feature has been in GT games forever.

modiz

To establish that it's long been known that they will vary with the dynamic insurance pricing. It's not new, and not the same as suddenly having a standard brand car set at 500,000 CR in patch 1.14 suddenly leap to 1.2m CR to get a bump in MTX.

Basically 'feature working as intended and described'. But it means we will get a topic every time we get a refresh.

"More intriguingly, the vehicle values will be dynamic, and guided by Hagerty’s own real-world expertise. Although no interval has been stated yet, the prices in the dealer will rise and fall (as indicated by blue and red arrows) as they would in a real classic car dealer, using the Hagerty Valuation Tool."
"Feature" that let's people grind more to get cars they perhaps don't even need according to another user here. Or they can't even get because the rotation means your car isn't even available.
Incredible.

Nydius

I see in 2022 everything is defended by gamers.
This is a sentence no one would've written 20 years ago.

Yep. The Pokemon Company could start charging insane MTX prices for certain top tier Pokemon and there would be people defending it saying things like, "You don't need to collect all the Pokemon, the Pokedex is cosmetic anyway."

Which is precisely why companies keep getting away with this scummy, anti-consumer shit. With exception to the backlash for Star Wars Battlefront 2 (which even that had some defenders) most people perform extensive mental gymnastics to excuse this shitty behavior while opening their wallet. Game publishers see consumers as braindead whales with open wallets and consumers, out of misguided brand loyalty or nostalgia, keep proving them right.

cormack12

Gold Member
"Feature" that let's people grind more to get cars they perhaps don't even need according to another user here. Or they can't even get because the rotation means your car isn't even available.
Incredible.

Yeah, but that's the feature. Everyone has had their reaction. The car prices are going to change. Cars will come in and out of stock. There's not much more to say.

This is the first dynamic update I think and car prices have varied. That's it.

jaysius

Banned
If that's what they do with a franchise like Gran Turismo... IMAGINE THE ARRIVAL OF THE LAST OF US 2 MULTIPLAYER OR THE NEW GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK.

In my opinion, it's even scary when God of War Ragnarok arrives... because of the disasters that are going to happen to these practices.
The last God Of War already had multiple currencies for upgrades it was fun and very reasonable to get them though, it'd be easy enough for a developer to increase that grind and make paying for one of them more likely.

Hopefully it'll be a another few games before Sony really gets into that groove.

Last edited:

Robbinhood

Banned
This is not predatory, its just bad design. No one playing the game will feel compelled to buy MTX, especially the casual gamers who will have so many events to play that they won't be seeking out these legendary cars that much.

Predatory is when the base game is based around buying mtx just to progress. There are a handful of rare cars out of the hundreds, I played Sport a bunch and did't even buy these when they were cheap because I played mostly online and used the cars I had. You can't call it predatory when its so niche (buying these super rare cars). The games design model is the same as other GTs. Only difference being the rare cars are super expensive. It feels bolted on (MTX) rather than designed around it.

jaysius

Banned
Incredible.
Yea, it's a shit feature and a "car rotation" with a clock on it is a shitty F2P mechanic.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I see in 2022 everything is defended by gamers.
This is a sentence no one would've written 20 years ago.
This is true.
You couldn't buy credits back then so when people saw this
full

They didn't have the notion they "must" use real money to obtain it.
Gamers think differently these days.
It's cool though as I'm looking to add the Lamborghini Veneno to my garage 👍
The last update gave me my Ferrari LaFerrari ‘13 which made mincemeat out of the everything up until anything requiring International A-License 🤣
i-cant-lose-no-way-to-lose.gif

So yeah, Gamers today huh 🙄

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
This is not predatory, its just bad design. No one playing the game will feel compelled to buy MTX, especially the casual gamers who will have so many events to play that they won't be seeking out these legendary cars that much.

Predatory is when the base game is based around buying mtx just to progress. There are a handful of rare cars out of the hundreds, I played Sport a bunch and did't even buy these when they were cheap because I played mostly online and used the cars I had. You can't call it predatory when its so niche (buying these super rare cars). The games design model is the same as other GTs. Only difference being the rare cars are super expensive. It feels bolted on (MTX) rather than designed around it.
The only reason for near infinitely reproducible digital cars to be rare is to seed fomo and get people to pay inflated prices.

Top Bottom