• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GTplanet] Prices for cars again raised in Gran Turismo 7

Aenima

So why is there so much bitching about this? Are they awfully grindy to unlock the normal way?
Because ppl that dont play the game like to have opinions.

At launch it would be a bitch to grind for the most expensive cars, but after the backlash the game got during the patch 1.08 for nerfing race rewards, they have added a good amount of races that give alot of credits. Buying the most expensive cars in the game is no longer an issue for ppl that play the game on a regular basis.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Furthermore, I‘ve spent 100+ hours with GT7 and not spent a single additional penny on the game, or have been wanting for additional content.
Most mtx are like that. You can do their content without spending money. Its not targeted to you. its targeted towards people, who are weak to these type of model.

It exploits people with low self esteem, or people who have enough money, and dont care about spending their money on virtual cars.

I used to play a mobile game, which you could have alot of units without spending money. Despite that, people were spending thousands upon thousands on this mobile game.

Orbital2060

Cars in the legendary dealership raise and drop in price depending of they real market value. Thats why some cars has an arrow pointing up if the car is increasing in value or an arrow pointing down if the value is decreasing. Its been part of the game system since launch.
f0255cae-d27f-43fd-80zqkby.gif

Markio128

Most mtx are like that. You can do their content without spending money. Its not targeted to you. its targeted towards people, who are weak to these type of model.

It exploits people with low self esteem, or people who have enough money, and dont care about spending their money on virtual cars.

I used to play a mobile game, which you could have alot of units without spending money. Despite that, people were spending thousands upon thousands on this mobile game.
A fool and his money are easily parted. To be honest, if we could all make a little extra money, we would do, that’s the simple truth, like it or loath it. Extra cream on your coffee? Extra onions on your hotdog? GT7 hasn’t invented this wheel - pun well and truly intended 😂

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Real world fuel prices next.

Blimey.
The next mass effect will feature next Gen technology to offer realistic ingame romance options by forcing everyone to import a picture of their face and their bank balance. No six pack or six figure salary? No pussy.

Lognor

Banned
Too bad ethomaz is banned.

He would tell us why this is a good thing and Sony is pro consumer doing this. They want you to earn those cars and not pay for them. So they increase the prices to encourage you to earn them in-game.

Good guy Sony!

kingfey

Banned
Too bad ethomaz is banned.

He would tell us why this is a good thing and Sony is pro consumer doing this. They want you to earn those cars and not pay for them. So they increase the prices to encourage you to earn them in-game.

Good guy Sony!
Its not Sony fault. The industry allowed this to happen.

Lognor

Banned
Well we know they will put MTX in the game... GTS had it.
But I'm really happy is that they increase the price.

So they are telling you to rely more on your earned ingame credits than buying credits with money.
GTS was too cheap that made people took the easy way.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Already got the 'Three Legendary Cars' trophy by letting a script through remoteplay drive for me.

Think I'll let it farm 100 million more so I can buy more of the super expensive cars.

Polyphony, carry on.

Salute Larry GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looking at the chart of car prices in the link, the cars that gone up in price are roughly +5-20% each. Although a few expensive sports cars went up +30%.

And according to one of the posts immediately after the OP's post, a guy said you still cant sell cars in GT to get money back.

Only two cars went down in price, and one of them was a sports cars that went down from 5,000,000 to 4,500,000.

Last edited:

TheMan

Well shit. I was waiting for the f40 to come back but I blew my load on other cars. Now I’ve exhausted all the low hanging fruit (bronze on circuit experiences) so I guess I need to mega grind for cash now

Aenima

Well shit. I was waiting for the f40 to come back but I blew my load on other cars. Now I’ve exhausted all the low hanging fruit (bronze on circuit experiences) so I guess I need to mega grind for cash now
Do the Le Mans 700pp race. It pays 825k in 30 minutes.
Or my favorite one, the 24h Spa race, it pays 1.5 millions. Its a 60 minute race, but is also the most fun race in the game with full 24h day cicle and diferent weather condicions.

2 races in Spa and you have enough money for the F40 and some extra cash.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

I was amused when saw may articles about it and concerned people that never played gt7 ;d Patch 1.11 released almost two months ago fixed economy. You can earn like 47milion in circuit exp, there are races with you can earn over 1milion cr in around hour. And most important - you can rent any available car for race in gt sport mode. I didn't grind even once and have 160 cars (including all legendary necessary for platinum trophy).

Last edited:
Because ppl that dont play the game like to have opinions.

At launch it would be a bitch to grind for the most expensive cars, but after the backlash the game got during the patch 1.08 for nerfing race rewards, they have added a good amount of races that give alot of credits. Buying the most expensive cars in the game is no longer an issue for ppl that play the game on a regular basis.
Ah thanks.

Saves me having to go through the rest of thread.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Gas is about $2 CDN per liter (for the lowest tier gas). That's about $6 US per gallon (3.78L).

Whatever is the average price of gas in the US, Canada is about 25% more at all times (when converted to gallon and US dollars).

Smokes and booze are even worse.

I just googled a case of 24 bottles Heineken at Walmart USA is $26 US = $32 CDN. Here a 12 pack at the Beer Store is about $26 CDN, and a 24 is $50.

24 packs of import beers have been around $45-48 CDN for ages. They've crept up to $50 CDN now. That's like buying it for $40 US.

$2 per import bottle is standard here and has been for probably around 20 years at the store.

GenericUser

I sold GT7 immediatly, after finishing the cafe missions and realizing how ridiculous the car prices are in comparison to the race rewards. Shame, because the driving felt excellent and the graphics are amazing. Now my biggest fear is, that Microsoft is doing a "Scam Turismo" with Forza Motorsport 8. GT as a series is dead to me, but I still have a sliver of hope for FM8 to satisfy my simcade racing needs.

Last edited:

aclar00

Sounds like so may just need to pull an Apple and charge other publishers a feel for all purchases may through PSN and use that to offset income flow on their own GaaS games.

However, in the long run i doubt this will hurt them because there are obviously people willing to pay...damn Gen Zers, and your wasteful spending on digital digital clothes, skins, OnlyFans and DoorDash.... i kid i kid, sort of...

Fredrik

If by industry you mean certain greedy developers and diehard fans defending it, then sure.
It’s not like it’s in every game, yet. Problem is that some developers go there and when it happens with great games gamers and critics aren’t critical enough.
If Elden Ring had excessive grinding with mtx added to skip it, would scores had been lower and us fans been outraged? Or would we see the same scores and fans saying ”Git gud or pay up noob!”? I can’t tell.

Aenima

I sold GT7 immediatly, after finishing the cafe missions and realizing how ridiculous the car prices are in comparison to the race rewards. Shame, because the driving felt excellent and the graphics are amazing. Now my biggest fear is, that Microsoft is doing a "Scam Turismo" with Forza Motorsport 8. GT as a series is dead to me, but I still have a sliver of hope for FM8 to satisfy my simcade racing needs.
You should have waited, cuz race rewards got great after the 1.08 backlash. Unless you think 1.5 million is little as a race reward compared to a Ferrari that costs around 200k. And if you real finished the GT Cafe then you got close to 70 cars for free, including Porsches and Ferraris.

Right now i have close to 170 cars in my GT7 garage. Most driving games dont even have that many cars in the full game.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Ah thanks.

Saves me having to go through the rest of thread.
You do have to admire people skipping some posts in this thread to try to keep max outrage going. This helps practices like this going from eh to real bad, rabid fanboys trying to raise outrage and concern generally cause a rise in those that feel it is an overplayed exaggeration and triple down in the defence of the game and the frog would just keep boiling little by little if temperature is applied 😂.

Now it is clear a massive price rise has not happened (some cars cost less) and you still get good amount of money per race and the thread mostly deflated save for some people attacking posters with a generic “defence force” label that they feel normally sticks… 🤷‍♂️.

Top Bottom