• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Outfits/Skins We've Found So Far (New Gameplay)

ManaByte

Gold Member

There are over 40 Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy outfits to find throughout your playthrough, ranging from the somewhat terrifying comic variants to MCU accurate Guardians of the Galaxy costumes plucked straight out of the first Guardians of the Galaxy film. Here are some of our favorite Guardians of the Galaxy skins we've found in the game so far!

All of the costumes are unlockable in game. There's no MTX.

The Apocalypse skins might be my favorite. The Stinger skin for Rocket Raccoon is pretty cool too. Loving the fact that these are unlockable. I hope this is better than Avengers.

The other characters should have been playable too, maybe even co-op story, unlike Avengers and it's loot aystem, but strict story co-op like Halo.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Cautiously optimistic about this one. Will wait for reviews.
rocket wink GIF

OrochiJR

So this is dropping next week? This does look pretty good I have to say, only thing I dislike is the humor in a story trailer a few months back - it felt kinda forced, as if a comittee of 50 year old suits decided to make a funny game for young people without actually grasping what made James Gunn's Guardians fun in the first place. It is just not vibing with me.

But if the game itself turns out good I will probably get it down the line.

Justin9mm

The game doesn't look bad but gameplay wise it looks quite average and repetitive.

I'm a massive GOTG fan and this would still have to review surprisingly well across the board for me to consider buying.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Thank god for this, pratt peaked with parks and recs, i can't stand his starlord.
Yup. MCU Star Lord isn’t Star Lord. I think keeping his father a mystery made him a lesser character. Comic Star Lord (and this one) is much better. Same with Drax snd Gamora.

GymWolf

Really? i mean all his roles are the same lol
Not really? in parks he is an absolute moron with a sweet hearth, in guardians he try to do the shithead cool guy but i'm not sold at all, also the type of humor in parks and guardians is completely different, also a bit of stereotype, he looks funnier as a fat guy.

I loved him as andy and i fucking hate him as starlord.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yup. MCU Star Lord isn’t Star Lord. I think keeping his father a mystery made him a lesser character. Comic Star Lord (and this one) is much better. Same with Drax snd Gamora.
I'm not a comic reader so my problem with him is not even being different from the comic tbh.

I just don't like him in this role, and i don't particularly like the humor in guardians films, especially the second one.

this stuff is super cringe and unfunny to me:

Or the scene when he and rocket discuss in the spaceship in the beginning with that slapstick humor (don't know if it's the right word) like a married couple, horrible...
I only laugh with drax tbh, and even him sometimes is too much.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Not really? in parks he is an absolute moron with a sweet hearth, in guardians he try to do the shithead cool guy but i'm not sold at all, also the type of humor in parks and guardians is completely different, also a bit of stereotype, he looks funnier as a fat guy.

I loved him as andy and i fucking hate him as starlord.
For me andy and starlord are the same, yeah andy is more of a moron, but starlord also has these moments and very often

starlord, andy, owen etc.. are all the same to me. hence why I love his starlord and cant get into it if it's not him from now on

ManaByte

Gold Member
For me andy and starlord are the same, yeah andy is more of a moron, but starlord also has these moments and very often

starlord, andy, owen etc.. are all the same to me. hence why I love his starlord and cant get into it if it's not him from now on

Comic book Star Lord is more of a confident Han Solo leader. Movie Star Lord is the son of Jack Burton.

GymWolf

Yeah i don't know, starlord is cool guy tryhard most of the time and not even remotely as inept\ignorant\goofy as andy, andy humor was natural, starlord feels forced with unfunny quips.

The only thing in common is having a comedy base for the character.

Malakhov

Banned
Yeah i don't know, starlord is cool guy tryhard most of the time and not even remotely as inept\ignorant\goofy as andy, andy humor was natural, starlord feels forced with unfunny quips.

The only thing in common is having a comedy base for the character.
I guess it's either you love him or hate him

I'll still give the game a try, though I am waiting for reviews after the last one but it does sure looks good this time

Top Bottom