• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardians of the Galaxy PC specs revealed (150GB HDD min.)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.pcgamer.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-system-requirements/

System requirements for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy have appeared on its Steam page, and some of the specs aren't that high for a game that's going to launch with a bunch of PC-specific graphical improvements. The minimum GPU requirement calls for a GTX 1060 or a Radeon RX 570, while the recommended GPU is a GTX 1660 Super or an RX 590. On the other hand, you'll need to have 150GB free to install what is probably not a hugely long singleplayer game.

Guardians of the Galaxy minimum system requirements​

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 / Intel® Core™ i5-4460
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon™ RX 570
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 150 GB available space

Guardians of the Galaxy recommended system requirements​

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600 / Intel® Core™ i7-4790
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Super / AMD Radeon™ RX 590
  • DirectX: Version 12

TransTrender

Gold Member
Guardians of the Galaxy recommended system requirements
cBeRsNU.gif

I mean, a 4TB HDD is what, around $100 nowadays? Shouldn't be a huge issue in my opinion, I'm more concerned about the quality of the game itself.

Rikkori

Storage space is the cheapest to have & easiest to work around. Dunno why some are bitching so much about it. I much prefer getting quality audio & textures than not have to use a bit more space. If you want that tin can audio experience just wait for the Switch version. :messenger_peace: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Kenpachii

playing games off an HDD is awful. and i'm not dedicating 150gig of my ssd to any game unless it's truly amazing

A thing developers don't understand.

150gb for people with shit internet = no go instantly
150gb for people with good internet but smaller SSD's = can't be arsed if the game isn't amazing.

I won't be dedicated 150gb to a game like this for sure, so its a automatic skip.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I remeber it being announced the PS5 version is only going to be around 45gig. So either there recycling a shit ton of content across multiple zones and need to take into account the HDD's a majority still use on PC, or it's one hell of an upgrade visually on PC in terms of texture quality etc.

Last edited:
Damn, GotG coming in with the 150gb install size. Did not see that coming.

I really don't know what to think about this game. The lack of hype for it must be worrying the devs, I imagine. My only thought so far from the trailers is that I'm not totally sold on the visuals. Sometimes it doesn't look that great, and the colors look a bit garish.

Last edited:
Storage space is the cheapest to have & easiest to work around. Dunno why some are bitching so much about it. I much prefer getting quality audio & textures than not have to use a bit more space. If you want that tin can audio experience just wait for the Switch version. :messenger_peace: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
VBgLjtq.gif

Kuranghi

Please if there’s anything we can do let us know. Perhaps a go fund me is in order?

Thank you so much for understanding my plight. Something in the region or 8-10 million should be enough for me to put this all behind me and live a reasonably comfortable life.

I'll pay to have the HDD strapped to a rocket and shot into the centre of the sun so I don't have to think about it ever again.

lils

A thing developers don't understand.

150gb for people with shit internet = no go instantly
150gb for people with good internet but smaller SSD's = can't be arsed if the game isn't amazing.

I won't be dedicated 150gb to a game like this for sure, so its a automatic skip.

yeah, agreed. also, even if the game was amazing, i'd still be pissed if the extra space wasn't being used for something actually useful, like great texture quality for everything.

since this is a movie based game, my assumption would be that the game is 150gb because some fuckface decided to include a bunch of pre-rendered cutscenes in there, which could just as easily be rendered on the fly with as good or better quality anyway and not take up the space. but maybe i could be wrong about that, we'll see

also, if they are gonna do that, developers should give the option to have the cutscenes and other non-important things in a separate directory from the rest of the game, since it doesn't need to be loaded quickly... videos only need to be loaded as fast as they're playing, which any HDD can easily do even at 4k+. you CAN do this manually by moving the video files and redirecting to them from the normal directory, but people shouldn't have to do those hacks... it should be a supported feature

lils

It’s not based on a movie.

huh, let me have a look... i know it has the same name as a movie, and the article seems to suggest it's made by marvel, which is a movie company

also, the image at the top of the article seems to contain a certain raccoon which seems familiar from the movie of the same name... so it would seem to be that this is in fact a movie based game. but of course i would happily consider any evidence to the contrary that you might have

ManaByte

huh, let me have a look... i know it has the same name as a movie, and the article seems to suggest it's made by marvel, which is a movie company

also, the image at the top of the article seems to contain a certain raccoon which seems familiar from the movie of the same name... so it would seem to be that this is in fact a movie based game. but of course i would happily consider any evidence to the contrary that you might have
It’s based on the comics, which the movies are based on. But the comics are very different than the movies.

lils

It’s based on the comics, which the movies are based on. But the comics are very different than the movies.

haha, ok. well i believe my point stands - movie/comic company makes a game, they probably think gamers want what movie-watchers want.

ManaByte

haha, ok. well i believe my point stands - movie/comic company makes a game, they probably think gamers want what movie-watchers want.

You know it's funny. Last year when Avengers came out people screamed that it wasn't a third-person story driven game like God of War or Last of Us. Now when they make a game like that it's "not what gamers want".

lils

You know it's funny. Last year when Avengers came out people screamed that it wasn't a third-person story driven game like God of War or Last of Us. Now when they make a game like that it's "not what gamers want".

well firstly, i'm not those people. for all you know i like this "avengers" (i've never played it though)

secondly, how do you know they are making a game like that? it's not out yet. are you trusting their marketing materials?

Top Bottom