• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear -Strive- details offline modes, new screenshots!

Fuz

Banned
I'm dead serious too. If Disgaea 6 can get an English Dub then so should Guilty Gear.
Putting aside the fact that JP voices are pretty much always better... this sound like a really weird reason to not buy.
It's not even a dialogue intensive game... it's a beat'em up, not an RPG or something.

Its a game with a long drawn out story mode. Guilty Gear Xrd's story mode was over 4 hours.
Oh, ok. Still weird to me but makes more sense.

Last edited:

Pejo

Sadly I don't care for what I've seen on Strive. This will be the first GG I'm not buying at launch. I'll just wait for the DLC included version towards the tail end of the iteration.

Mister Wolf

What?! There are English speakers that may prefer to hear things in English?! Who'd a thunk it?!

I've been watching subtitled anime since I was 14(38 now). I still do, but I'm over it. People can miss me with that "the voice acting is better in its native language" shit. Having to read to understand what's going on is a chore. If I wanted to read I would just "read" the manga.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I've been watching subtitled anime since I was 14(38 now). I still do, but I'm over it. People can miss me with that "the voice acting is better in its native language" shit. Having to read to understand what's going on is a chore. If I wanted to read I would just "read" the manga.
Yeah, I was the same, 36 now. In that time my sister became a VA and is still going on, so I guess I'm kinda hardcore biased, lmao. Some people just got SO shitty about those that prefer dub or even check them out. It was always so wild to me, haha. I mean hey, nothing wrong with a preference of opinion, but why so negative to those that share different ones? Lol.

Labolas

Yeah, I was the opposite when I was younger, only watched English dub. I still prefer my older anime dubbed, but I kinda prefer current anime subbed. Both have places to exist though

amigastar

I just hope this game delivers on single player modes. Then i'll buy it for sure. The only downside in Dragonball Fighter Z was the lack of single player content.

Keihart

Arcade sounds awesome, they are finally getting rid of the shit "story mode", i'm here for the fights not for a fucking visual novel.

Edit: so there is a story mode still, which is basically a VN but the arcade mode it's now buffed.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Can't wait for this. I want to get it on PS5 but I wonder if my fighting joystick will work with it. Probably get it for PC.

Ferdimage

Had an amazing time playing the open beta 2. Definite buy, but I wonder which platform will have more players. PC or PSN

Last edited:

You're more than welcome to create a new thread for these trailers. Pretty cool though. I'd love to see Johnny in the first round of DLC characters.

Oh, I'm a dummy. I think that was Sol and Aria at the end. I'm so used to them teasing characters but it's obvious Aria is the spotlight for this one.

Last edited:

Manji Uzuki

Had lot of fun in the secon beta as well. The new story trailer is nuts as well. And yeah I guess we can expect Aria to appear in the DLCs now

kunonabi

I'm out. Just too much nonsense and I feel like I'm hitting my head against the wall trying to deal with it. I had a way easier time playing Zato last beta than I did I-no which makes no sense to me.

I'm out. Just too much nonsense and I feel like I'm hitting my head against the wall trying to deal with it. I had a way easier time playing Zato last beta than I did I-no which makes no sense to me.
could you elaborate? You didn't like the movement or her tools?

kunonabi

could you elaborate? You didn't like the movement or her tools?
The movement mostly. it feels so sluggish to try and get anything going. It's like playing in mud especially when trying to dash after other moves. Anti-airs are also way too strong now. 6P is fine but it's easy to spam almost any button to knock people out of the air now due to the hurtbox & hitbox changes. Like most of her double, triple overhead strings can just be mashed out of. Shes a terror once you get the train going so getting in shouldn't be easy but sometimes it's just too frustrating to get any momentum going against certain characters. Which is fine if the zoning takes some effort and discipline but in strive it's pretty braindead much of the time.

To be fair all GG games start out really rough and dont really start to shine until the later revisions. I just loved how the previous beta felt and the new RC mechanics are so much damn fun that I was really looking forward to it anyway.

[Sigma]

Like Ky, Axl, Chipp and Nago's. Gio's is still my favorite. Millia's sounds like something out of Blazblue, I need to hear the whole theme but i'll probably stick with her Xrd or XX themes if they're both in the game. May's lol, i dig it tho.

Top Bottom