• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear -Strive- launch trailer, opening movie, post-launch roadmap announced

Ha0pfBt.gif

Arc System Works debuted the launch trailer and opening movie for Guilty Gear: Strive during its Early Access Showcase event.

The Early Access Showcase featured general director Daisuke Ishiwatari and development director Akira Katano, who discussed the game’s roadmap after launch.

For Season Pass 1, the game will add five playable characters, two battle stages, the “Guilty Gear: Strive Additional Color Pack,” and “Another Story.” The schedule is as follows:

July 2021
  • Additional Character #1 – New playable character.
August 2021
  • Additional Character #2 – New playable character.
After Fall 2021
  • Additional Characters #3, #4, and #5 – New playable characters.
  • Additional Battle Stages – Two new battle stages.
  • Another Story
Outside of Season Pass 1, free updates will introduce the “Combo Maker,” which allows players to share their original combos for other players to learn; additional customization features for the player match room; and “Digital Figure Mode,” which allows players to create original digital dioramas using in-game character models.

Guilty Gear: Strive is due out for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam on June 11. The Deluxe and Ultimate Editions, which include three days early access, will launch on June 8.

Watch the launch trailer, opening movie, and full Early Access Showcase below.

Launch Trailer

Opening Movie

Early Access Showcase

The opening movie looks incredible! You could create a lot of cool animated GIFs out of it.

xmnJVVH.gif

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Il wait until they add Baiken, this is the issue I find with fighters these days unless there a brand new IP, the rosters are so massive that everyone has a favorite character and every time a new version comes out your always not going to include a good chunk of what people play.

It dousent matter for the hardcore tournament players, but for us casuals it's turns it into a pass at launch... it doesn't help my second most played character is Dizzy...

Last edited:

Ferdimage

Dirty deluxe version it is just then. Such an EA move, but yeah I'll do it to play early.

EDIT: Was just about to pre-order the Deluxe version on Steam, lucky I read the fine print that Steam version will still release 11th of June :(

Last edited:

Hoppa

Pre-ordered this one. Never been a big fan of 2D anime fighters because they're so quick and busy, but the Strive beta seemed very toned down. Maybe a bit too toned down, reminded me of their last game Granblue...looking forward to it either way! Characters and animations look fantastic as always

Arsic

I think PC players will get burned on this one.

No beta for it, no footage of it, no discussion of it, no cross play , etc.

Something is fishy.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I think PC players will get burned on this one.

No beta for it, no footage of it, no discussion of it, no cross play , etc.

Something is fishy.
If you ask me, I always thinks that fighting games "fits" better on consoles.
With Sony co-acquiring EVO few months ago, its pretty clear that fighting game community will be larger on the Playstation.
Sony is pushing this very hard, they are streaming fighting game matches on playstation channel almost every week, its crazy.

Relique

Pretty sad state of affairs. Release a measly 15 characters and then charge for DLC a month after. I'll take a hard pass. Take that EA shit out of here. I'll wait for KOF

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Stick that fucking half finished game in your fucking ass. Arc systems..

fuck modern fighting games..
Absolute disgrace this is..
Bargain bin it is..

Man i am so annoyed how bad season pass dlc bullshit has become in the fighting genre..

it’s like the worst genre right now

Lethal01

Stick that fucking half finished game in your fucking ass. Arc systems..

fuck modern fighting games..
Absolute disgrace this is..
Bargain bin it is..

Man i am so annoyed how bad season pass dlc bullshit has become in the fighting genre..

it’s like the worst genre right now

I too miss the days when we would just rebuy the new version of the game when we wanted the new characters and balance patches.

Reactions: Isa

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I too miss the days when we would just rebuy the new version of the game when we wanted the new characters and balance patches.
Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

OH shit i never heard that one before..
Man you must think those street fighter 3 fans felt so scammed with the "base" game.
And having to buy other version later.

this game launches basically with a giant list of how they will finish this game in the future.
Make the base game 20. Fine then that is your payment model.

It is called fucking early access

Last edited:

Lethal01

Man you must think those street fighter 3 fans felt so scammed with the "base" game.

this game launches basically with a giant list of how they will finish this game in the future.

I knew you would have heard it before, one day you'l stop pretending its not true.
All that has changed is that they are now public with whats coming up and you can buy it as it's made.

Keihart

5 days later PC peasant race here, gotta play where the homies are at.

I hope that the august character is Testament, it would be a cool birthday present.
NO CHANCE

• Empathy
Reactions: Isa

Keihart

Fighting games re-launches are ass, it's what mostly kills the playerbases as the game moves on they split the player base. No wonder Tekken is the most popular it has ever been by focusing on seasons for a full generation.
What a lost, oh how i miss buying 6 copies of Blazblue during the same generation to keep playing 2 base roaster characters.

Re launches were born as updates for arcades, it was never a good console model.

Last edited:

kyoji

Fighting games re-launches are ass, it's what mostly kills the playerbases as the game moves on they split the player base. No wonder Tekken is the most popular it has ever been by focusing on seasons for a full generation.
What a lost, oh how i miss buying 6 copies of Blazblue during the same generation to keep playing 2 base roaster characters.

Re launches were born as updates for arcades, it was never a good console model.
Tekken is the most popular its ever been because it has a host of guest appearances from other prominent fighting franchises guest starring on its roster, not a knock on the game i think its a great idea and i love tekken, but lets not kid ourself here.

Keihart

Tekken is the most popular its ever been because it has a host of guest appearances from other prominent fighting franchises guest starring on its roster, not a knock on the game i think its a great idea and i love tekken, but lets not kid ourself here.
Yeah, i bet everyone is playing tekken because of Negan :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

kyoji

Yeah, i bet everyone is playing tekken because of Negan :messenger_tears_of_joy:
you really on here acting like akuma and geese howard didn't provide insane ammounts of hype and carry early on for the game? in fact it was starting to be a problem for a time because the guest characters were taking over almost. But maybe you dont follow the tournament scene so i guess you wouldnt know that if that is the case.

Last edited:

Keihart

you really on here acting like akuma and geese howard didn't provide insane ammounts of hype and carry early on for the game? in fact it was starting to be a problem for a time because the guest characters were taking over almost. But maybe you dont follow the tournament scene so i guess you wouldnt know that if that is the case.
So what, 3 known character out of 50 are what keep people playing the game?
Brady Bunch K GIF

• Season Pass 1 – Geese, Noctis
  • Season Pass 2 – Anna, Armor King, Julia, Lei, Marduk, Negan
  • Season Pass 3 – Ganryu, Leroy, Zafina
  • Season Pass 4 – Kunimitsu, Lidia
The retention of the player base it's obviously not because of the 3 good cross overs, Noctis, Geese and Akuma.

Last edited:

kyoji

So what, 3 known character out of 51 are what keep people playing the game?
Brady Bunch K GIF
thats not what i said, im debating you on season passes being the reason tekken is the most popular its ever been, that simply isnt the case. And let me be clear i think season passes are fantastic but the fact that your are ignoring the popularity of them including guest characters and the hype that buzzed off of that plus the inclusion of 'supers' into the game mechanic amongst other things and trying to make it seem as if season passes is the reason is a stretch by far. Season pass or not people were going to play the game if it turned out like it did, the season pass does nothing but keep existing players engaged it doesnt help expand the franchise or perk interest from players from other fighting games that may have not been previously into tekken. But adding a guest roster with big characters like akuma and geese brought in a new wave of people from 2d fighters into 3d.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Guilty Gear Strive is a milestone 2D fighting game with stellar netcode, stunning visuals, an electric soundtrack, and both a roster and fighting system that bursts with creativity.

Reviewed by Mitchell Saltzman on PlayStation 5. Also available on PC and PlayStation 4

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned
Il wait until they add Baiken, this is the issue I find with fighters these days unless there a brand new IP, the rosters are so massive that everyone has a favorite character and every time a new version comes out your always not going to include a good chunk of what people play.

It dousent matter for the hardcore tournament players, but for us casuals it's turns it into a pass at launch... it doesn't help my second most played character is Dizzy...
This so much. I refuse to buy another mortal kombat game until they fucking decide to put Havik in the roster.

Ryugarr

Neo Member
How hard would it be for me to get into this series with this entry? I have never played a single entry before. I like fighting games pretty well.

How hard would it be for me to get into this series with this entry? I have never played a single entry before. I like fighting games pretty well.
It's my first time as well and coming from MK and Tekken, it's looks very complicated and unintuitive. But like with everything... with practice.. Blablabla.

Keihart

Potemkin's and May's theme are already memes but i was not ready for how freaking awesome is Ky's theme, Roar of the Spark, what a banger. It even has some Holy Orders and Magnolia Eclair in it.

BTW, PC version is kinda shit, no 4k support and player matches are barely impossible since the invite system is bugged (you can get around it by following players with their R code and making public rooms), and some display/graphics settings don't get updated until restart, but besides that, game is really really good, the netcode never worked so good, 200 ms latency are completely manageable making anyone with a stable connection able to play with people in any side of the planet, pretty awesome stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom