• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Strive - PS5 4K Gameplay

rubhen925

Ultimate and Deluxe Editions are live on NZ & Australian PSN. The game comes with 15 characters, 10 stages, and each character has 12 costumes. There is a tutorial mode, which shows basics, and also Mission Mode which has a ton of tutorials to learn every facet of the game. There's simply too much lol. Arcade mode for each character shows some snippets where they interact with certain characters, and also a survival mode to see how many you can withstand.

Story mode is there but you need to update to 1.02 patch to access full story. The physical disc will not have the full story mode. You do need the day 1 update. There is an avatar mode where you can customize a small avatar for yourself. Fishing mode is you basically spending money to unlock random clothing parts for the avatar and also gallery stuff, emotes, music, etc.

I got the Ultimate edition, which comes with the soundtrack of 66 tracks, a digital artbook, and season 1 pass which has 5 new characters and 2 new maps coming in. The maps in the game have transitions. Most maps have 3 switches, whereas some can have up to 5.

That's all the info i got for now. Will update when I get to play more.

15 characters in the roster in base game:

Avatar Mode is a place where you can customize your own avatar. Customization parts can be fished in Fishing Mode:

Fishing Mode. A new mode where you use money to randomly fish for customization parts and gallery items.

NOTE - Thanks to SC Media & Arc System Works for the review copy!

I'll keep the post updated with unique aspects of the game. Like avatar mode, fishing mode, character roster, etc. Give me some time. In the meantime if you guys have any videos that show off mechanics in the game, please link. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Ultimate and Deluxe Editions are live on NZ & Australian PSN. The game comes with 15 characters, 10 stages, and each character has 12 costumes. There is a tutorial mode, which shows basics, and also Mission Mode which has a ton of tutorials to learn every facet of the game. There's simply too much lol. Arcade mode for each character shows some snippets where they interact with certain characters, and also a survival mode to see how many you can withstand.

Story mode is there but you need to update to 1.02 patch to access full story. The physical disc will not have the full story mode. You do need the day 1 update. There is an avatar mode where you can customize a small avatar for yourself. Fishing mode is you basically spending money to unlock random clothing parts for the avatar and also gallery stuff, emotes, music, etc.

I got the Ultimate edition, which comes with the soundtrack of 66 tracks, a digital artbook, and season 1 pass which has 5 new characters and 2 new maps coming in. The maps in the game have transitions. Most maps have 3 switches, whereas some can have up to 5.

That's all the info i got for now. Will update when I get to play more.

NOTE - Thanks to SC Media & Arc System Works for the review copy!

Not a fan of 1v1 fighting games anymore, but this looks nice.

Can i change my ps5 acct to mew zealand to play early like on other platforms? Cause i got the deluxe and i wanna play lol

Last edited:

amigastar

Damn, MC score is 91 currently, YES!!!!

Last edited:

rubhen925

Damn, MC score is 91 currently, YES!!!!
Game deserves it. Amazing visuals, animations, and one of the most technique oriented fighting games in a while. If you spam you will get rekt by people who checked some of the mechanics in the tutorials lol. I know. I got absolutely steam rolled online by a Faust player. haha

rubhen925

Sorry mate. Reading clearly is not my strong point. lol.
Deluxe edition it is. Cheers.
haha I always make sure to mention everything related to the purchases and game versions when making these threads so i was scared that I made a mistake lol. Enjoy

kunonabi

I hated the 2nd beta so I'll pass. If they being back chicken blocking and nerf the AAs I might give it another shot.

Markio128

Well this sort of snuck up on me. Having just watched the IGN review, this game looks like a lot of fun. Just a shame it gets released the same week as R&C and FF7 Intergrade. Bonkers week for releases really. I haven’t played a GG game before, but I have to say that the art style really appeals to me.

Fake

I hated the first beta, but the 2nd feels a little better. I still give this game a go. The previous on PS4 was amazing.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Early access is playstation exclusive sadly
hqs05DnbSR7vEhW0rPZJA1vuuiOoKGwZ-ijx2l5PI8mJjXlczsjrgZYcvuaIO4-IVIKAvU8Jst1_VWDol3GSpPE

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
looks good, but content wise i stick with MK, feels MK caters towards casual and hardcore, games like guiltygear is too technical for my liking

blackjon24

Against my better judgement not only did i buy this game at full price but I also bought the deluxe edition in order to play this early

I feel kinda guilty... I hate the pricing models of modern fighting games and yet I just paid into it.

That being said the game is really great so far. It is the best looking fighting game I've seen, great soundtrack and i like the feel of the gameplay in this compared to previous guilty gears game!

Last edited:

SSfox

My game's already downloaded and ready to go, can't wait to come back from work to try this out.

SkylineRKR

Could never get into GG much, though I do have Revelator and liked it. This beta was awesome AF with godly netcode. The thing i'm not sold on is the lobby. Just match me with others. I'm going to wait for the regular release though, I can always get the SP down the line. Usually when discounted.

Whitecrow

Banned
Man this game is the exatc opposite of clarity.
The color pallete lacks punch, with very low contrast. 2 frame animations and things flashing everywhere.

How can anyone enjoy looking at this shitfest art : U

I been having a great time playing it this morning, got the rest of the week off too ima dive into this, r/c, and ff7 yuffie

Can one of you guys make a review thread? I really don't make a lot of threads but it'd be cool to track reviews and feedback for the game.

MastaKiiLA

I could never get into GG, but this looks beautiful. That said, how on earth can you actually fight with all that's going on, and so few setup frames of animation? It looks like a game I'd constantly get my ass kicked in. I'm not very good at fighters to begin with, but this looks completely unmanageable for someone like me.

Man.. Some of these moves and combo chains are borderline not doable with a gamepad. I'm not kidding. There are missions that I literally can not do with a d-pad. Impossibiru.

Top Bottom