• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear -Strive- second open beta set for May 13 to 16!

GG-Strive-OP-Beta-2_04-27-21.jpg

The second open beta test for Guilty Gear: Strive will run from May 13 at 8:00 p.m. PT / 11:00 p.m. ET to May 16 at 7:59 a.m. PT / 10:59 a.m. ET on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, publisher and developer Arc System Works announced.

In addition to all the characters from the initial roster featured in the first open beta test, Anji Mito and I-NO will also be playable. English voice-overs are also available.

Here is an overview of the available modes and additional details:

Available Modes
  • Versus – Play against the CPU or another player.
  • Tutorial – Learn the basics of gameplay.
  • Training – Practice with custom settings.
  • Network – Play against others from across the globe. Player Matches (player created rooms) will not be available during the beta test.

Additional Details
  • For those who have the previous Open Beta Test client, it will be updated to the Open Beta Test #2 client. You do not need to download the new client.
  • Cross-play is available between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.
  • An online connection is required to play offline modes.
  • PlayStation Plus is not required to play the Open Beta online modes.
Guilty Gear: Strive is due out for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam on June 11. The Deluxe and Ultimate Editions, which include three days early access, will launch on June 8.

Last edited:

SSfox

Can't enter, i got error each time after creating nickname, WTF Arcsys.. smh

Last edited:

Pejo

Some people are getting in, but I'm stuck at the "failed to upload R-Code" step. Wish they'd just let us skip the online verification and head into training mode at least.

[Sigma]

Been at for 3 hours. Man the struggle is real trying to play this on DualSense, I've been playing with my Hori Fighting Commander for 4 years so playing without it is difficult right now.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

This netcode is like the best I've ever experienced. Too bad GG isn't exactly my forte. I can manage with Ky so far, playing old school fireball traps etc, but I don't understand half of its mechanics. The floor I was on was good for me though, I wasn't curb stomped by endless combos and racked up a 3 win streak.

Looks phenomenal though and I have a HRAP Hayabusa so I might get this one. I really like it.

SSfox

Yeah it has the Best netcode, but still has too many error happening tho, if they fix those the online experience would be pretty much almost perfect or even perfect.

Labolas

Got back in. Played Ino and Gio. Ino feels a lot different. She isn't as nowhere as insane as she was in Rev2. I'm pretty bummed out how she plays now. She lost a lot of combo potential in this. I do not recommend her if you're starting on GG. Gio feels slightly nerfed but she is still fun to play.

Labolas

Some thoughts on Ino: I really felt the constraints of this game playing Ino. She feels slower, her air dash is fucking terrible, and overall is less fun to play imo. Not to say she doesn't have unique combos in this because she does. But how you go about it is really limiting and feels offputting. You can't even hover dash full screen or control her trajectory. Some normals and specials don't work the same as they do in Xrd. Overall Iam bummed out on she plays but I'm still willing to play and learn this version of Ino.
I can't find the install in the Playstation store. Did they remove it?
Nah it ended Sunday morning

Last edited:
Top Bottom