• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear -Strive- shipments and digital sales top 500,000, first DLC character to be announced July 20

GG-Strive-500K_07-15-21.jpg

Total worldwide shipments and digital sales for Guilty Gear: Strive have exceeded 500,000 units, Arc System Works announced.

Guilty Gear: Strive launched for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam on June 11. The Deluxe and Ultimate Editions launched on June 8.

The game was last reported to have shipped 300,000 units on June 14.

Arc System Works also teased that it will announce the first Guilty Gear: Strive downloadable content character during a live stream on July 20 at 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET. You will be able to watch it on YouTube (English, Japanese).

Here is a brief overview of Guilty Gear: Strive, via Arc System Works:

The latest entry to the Guilty Gear series, Guilty Gear: Strive, with its cutting-edge graphics, stunning fully-voiced cinematic story mode, an online mode suited for players around the world, has been praised by its players as being at the leading edge of the versus-fighting games.

Varied free contents and updates, downloadable content, and additional new characters will be on the way to keep the hype continuing for now and into the future.

Tiamat2san

Great, I haven’t played that much because I hate dualsense’s D-pad.

is there an adapter for a 360 or Xbox one arcade stick?

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Great, I haven’t played that much because I hate dualsense’s D-pad.

is there an adapter for a 360 or Xbox one arcade stick?

You can buy some converters for arcade sticks if you want to go that route. You can also get it on pc and your Xbox stick should work on it.

i guess its a good number for AA gmaes like this

Very good. It’s already doubled in one month what Xrd series did in 10 years. And sold as much as Granblue did (which was considered a big success, especially in Japan) in 18 months. And since Arcsys has all the rights to the GG IP themselves it’s especially huge for em.

I suspect it will reach 1 million before the end of the year.

Tiamat2san

You can buy some converters for arcade sticks if you want to go that route. You can also get it on pc and your Xbox stick should work on it.
I got one for PS4 but didn’t found any for PS5, and I bought the PS5 version of GGS.

maybe it will be available later.

Pejo

For me the game is a step backwards in a lot of areas compared to the Xrd series, but it seems to have hit the mass appeal it was going for.

Rawker

I guess I'll be missing out on this just like SFV since I only own an Xbox. It's a shame because I've been playing GG since the original release on psx.

near

Gold Member
I bought it, still haven't played it. Does this game have cross-progression or whatever its called if I decide to switch to the PC version after playing the PS4 one?

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I bought it, still haven't played it. Does this game have cross-progression or whatever its called if I decide to switch to the PC version after playing the PS4 one?
The game has no cross-progression between the different platforms.

Nope, I tried.
It only works with PS4 games.

i can move in the console menu but not in the game.
Fuck you Sony !!!!

PS4 do sticks work on PS5. I use my Razer Panthera for GG Strive. If it’s not working your stick is either broken or not licensed

I'm willing to wait for the Ultimate edition with the complete roster like it was the case with SFV Champion Edition.

Ironically Champion Edition still isnt the complete version. There’s new characters coming out still for SFV not included in CE.

Last edited:

Keihart

There is cross-gen play between PS4 and PS5 i think but i haven't heard anything about cross play in general.
in an interview before release they said to be looking into making crossplay with PC available but will definitely not make it on launch.
So yeah, big maybe.

There are quite a few features coming who knows when, like the combo recipe that it's already partly in the game but not fully implemented.

Kholinar

Banned
I'll buy the game when they nerf Sol and May.
There's always gonna be strong characters in FGs. Even if those aforementioned characters get nerfed to shit, another character is gonna take their place. In fact, you're never gonna even see what makes these characters so strong manifest until the highest of ranks. Just pick your favorite character, grind, and you'll eventually see that characters are only as good as the one playing them. If a dude can take the lowest tier character (Faust) to top 8 in tourneys consistently, then you won't have any trouble.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
in an interview before release they said to be looking into making crossplay with PC available but will definitely not make it on launch.
So yeah, big maybe.

There are quite a few features coming who knows when, like the combo recipe that it's already partly in the game but not fully implemented.
Really hope we see some patches and new content soon.

Crossplay with PC would definitely benefit the player base.
Sometimes i have difficulties to find people to play without a change in region.

amigastar

Haven't played it for very long because i wait for a patch which adds User Combo Trials. But the game is great.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
There's always gonna be strong characters in FGs. Even if those aforementioned characters get nerfed to shit, another character is gonna take their place. In fact, you're never gonna even see what makes these characters so strong manifest until the highest of ranks. Just pick your favorite character, grind, and you'll eventually see that characters are only as good as the one playing them. If a dude can take the lowest tier character (Faust) to top 8 in tourneys consistently, then you won't have any trouble.
There's top tier then there's spam one move to win bruh. That's pretty bad.

Really hope we see some patches and new content soon.

Crossplay with PC would definitely benefit the player base.
Sometimes i have difficulties to find people to play without a change in region.

There’s a more recent interview where they said they are now in the “verification phase” for crossplay; so it should be coming shortly

Last edited:

Keihart

While i agree with the sentiment, Sol is really fucking busted.
80% combos from anti air standing kick? TOD combo with 50%-100% tension from mid screen or full sceen? i mean, common...
Even the old competitive Sol players agree that he is kinda busted.

Sol is mad easy btw, no need for high rank to see him mashing through low ranks till celestial.

Not an excuse to not play the game tho, i play Ky and have fun anyway.

Kholinar

Banned
While i agree with the sentiment, Sol is really fucking busted.
80% combos from anti air standing kick? TOD combo with 50%-100% tension from mid screen or full sceen? i mean, common...
Even the old competitive Sol players agree that he is kinda busted.

Sol is mad easy btw, no need for high rank to see him mashing through low ranks till celestial.

Not an excuse to not play the game tho, i play Ky and have fun anyway.
And? I'm a celestial Millia player and while I do agree that Sol is overtuned, it's not like it's an insta-loss whenever he pops up on the match screen. It's very easy to figure out which Sol player is carried and which player actually fully utilizes him.

Like, I don't wanna say just 'git gud,' but if you're always gonna find something to blame when you do poorly, you'll never excel in FGs; this isn't an FPS where you can just blame your team. If you lose, it's always gonna be your fault. Besides, with the new lobby system, you don't even have to play against Sol if he bothers you that much.

Keihart

And? I'm a celestial Millia player and while I do agree that Sol is overtuned, it's not like it's an insta-loss whenever he pops up on the match screen. It's very easy to figure out which Sol player is carried and which player actually fully utilizes him.

Like, I don't wanna say just 'git gud,' but if you're always gonna find something to blame when you do poorly, you'll never excel in FGs; this isn't an FPS where you can just blame your team. If you lose, it's always gonna be your fault. Besides, with the new lobby system, you don't even have to play against Sol if he bothers you that much.
So you want Sol to stay as it is? it will not take long to see tournaments become like the old T7 Akuma finals once there are good price pools.

OZEguJ9.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom