• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gun Expert Reacts to Resident Evil 4 Weapons

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch a firearm and weapons expert react to Resident Evil 4 guns! With the Resident Evil 4 Remake arriving soon, we got Alex Pitts, the Combined Military Services Museum's gun expert to react to RE4 weapons.

From the Silver Ghost Handgun, to the deadly RE4 Killer7 .45 Magnum, RE4 Shotgun, and more, Alex breaks down these iconic Resident Evil 4 firearms and explains just how realistic they are.
A massive thank you the Combined Military Services Museum, it's collection of guns, and Alex for his fantastic firearm insight!

00:00 - Intro
00:38 - Resident Evil 4 Killer7 Magnum
01:44 - Resident Evil 4 Rocket Launcher
02:25 - Resident Evil 4 Handgun
03:15 - Resident Evil 4 Red9
04:52 - Resident Evil 4 Matilda
05:45 - Resident Evil 4 Shotgun
08:05 - Final Thoughts

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jonathan Ferguson, a weapons expert and Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries, breaks down more of the weaponry of the remake of Resident Evil 4, including the iconic Broken Butterfly revolver and Striker shotgun, as well as new weapons like the MP5-inspired LE 5, and the AR15-alike CQBR Assault Rifle.

00:00 - Opening
00:47 - SG-09 R Pistol
02:09 - Punisher Pistol
03:52 - W-870 Shotgun
05:19 - Matilda Pistol
07:48 - Stingray Rifle
09:05 - Red 9 Pistol
11:22 - Striker Shotgun
12:29 - Broken Butterfly Revolver
13:53 - Killer 7 Revolver
15:15 - Rocket Launcher
16:20 - LE 5 Submachine Gun
18:48 - CQBR Assault Rifle
19:49 - Cannon
21:48 - Ending

In the latest video in the Firearm Expert Reacts series, Jonathan Ferguson--a weapons expert and Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries--breaks down the guns of the remake of Resident Evil 4 and compares them to their potential real-life counterparts.

Apocryphon

I wonder what these "experts" are being paid for these silly videos.

The guy Gamespot uses curates one of the largest collections of firearms in Europe. Literally an “expert” in the field 😂

The videos are stupid when they’re looking at weapons in games like Destiny, but they have some relevance when they’re looking at real world weapons.. particularly since it’s these kind of people that developers go to when researching arms for games.

daveonezero

Banned
Is it just me or doesn't anyone else that sort of knows guns just automatically not take British people seriously when talking about firearms?

.45acp is for old guys. 9mm with its modern tech is negligably weaker. :/

Give me an American.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
it still boggles my mind that people in the united states can just buy guns in a store like I can buy videogames.

In every other part of the world that is seen as insane as it is. No wonder there are so many school shootings and shit. In the UK, if chav gangs could openly buy guns in Tesco the country would fall apart in days.

Outlier

it still boggles my mind that people in the united states can just buy guns in a store like I can buy videogames.

In every other part of the world that is seen as insane as it is. No wonder there are so many school shootings and shit. In the UK, if chav gangs could openly buy guns in Tesco the country would fall apart in days.
And knives are MUCH easier to buy in a local store, are just as deadly, and much messier when used against others.

I understand what you're trying to say, but the anti-gun arguments are not tangible. Bad people will find ways.

Fools idol

Banned
And knives are MUCH easier to buy in a local store, are just as deadly, and much messier when used against others.

I understand what you're trying to say, but the anti-gun arguments are not tangible. Bad people will find ways.

plz explain how a person with a knife can tally up as many kills as someone with a long ranged assault rifle which empties a clip in seconds 🤣

sorry bro the old 'knives just as dangerous' doesnt work when the US is on it's 130th+ mass shooting of the last year or so while the rest of the world is on 0.

daveonezero

Banned

there is no part of this post that is accurate

You can’t buy them like unregulated products

In every other part of the world criminals don’t care and those gangs have guns.

The US is much larger and more populated.

Anyways Point still stands. Firearms aren’t pieces or are they are tools to be used

Will wait for an American private citizen that actually uses the firearms

Looks like Spoony has finally gotten out of his slump and is looking better than ever!

That's Spoony in the thumbnail right?

Damn it.

Fools idol

Banned
comparing knives with guns is another level of dumbo shit

Indeed. Absolutely baffling.

the rest of the civilised world has banned guns and... shock horror.. regular mass shootings are basically non existent.

Gee golly gosh I wonder why, must be 'cause other melee weapons are better!!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jonathan Ferguson, a weapons expert and Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries, breaks down more of the weaponry of the remake of Resident Evil 4, including the Blacktail pistol, the DLC-only Sentinel Nine and Skull Shaker, and of course, the legendary Chicago Sweeper, and its ridiculous unlimited ammo reload.

00:00 - Opening
00:47 - Blacktail Pistol
02:03 - Sentinel Nine Pistol
03:18 - Skull Shaker Shotgun
05:18 - Riot Gun
06:28 - Bolt Thrower
08:52 - Crossbow Brute
10:03 - TMP
12:03 - SR M1903 Rifle
13:44 - Ground-mounted Machine Gun
15:25 - Chicago Sweeper

In the latest video in the Firearm Expert Reacts series, Jonathan Ferguson--a weapons expert and Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries--breaks down more of the guns of the remake of Resident Evil 4 and compares them to their potential real-life counterparts.

• 🌟 The remake has improved on the original version of the Thompson, including a little spin and tip of the hat animation for reloading.
  • 🔫 Jonathan has identified the Springfield XD and Sig P226 X5/X6 as the new pistols in the game.
  • 🎥 The game's over-the-shoulder view allows for a better look at the weapons and their details.
  • 🌾 Jonathan discusses a short-barreled shotgun with a modified lever that appears to be added for a different look but may not be ideal for gripping.
  • 🔫 The Springfield 1903 in Resident Evil 4 remake is modeled after the German mg08 ground Mount machine gun, with a high rate of fire and spade grips that may be too massive.
  • 🔫 The thin round disc behind the cone flash hider on the front of the gun is to hide the additional muzzle flash, a minor historical detail that is reproduced in the game.
  • 🔫 The Thompson submachine gun in the remake is much improved, with open bolt operation and good proportions, but the rate of fire is still too low compared to reality.
  • 🔫 The Thompson submachine gun in the game operates on infinity bullets and features a reload animation with a spin and tip of the fedora.
  • 🔫 The realism of the game can be scaled by using silly outfits and optional upgrades that make not only the gun but also the character behave differently.

Scotty W

Gold Member
Is it just me or doesn't anyone else that sort of knows guns just automatically not take British people seriously when talking about firearms?

.45acp is for old guys. 9mm with its modern tech is negligably weaker. :/

Give me an American.

What’s not to know?

AR15s are made in Arknasaw
AK47s are made in Arkansas

Top Bottom