• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Battle Alliance Release Date Trailer

anthony2690

Banned
I’ll buy it to support GUNDAM games on Xbox.
Too bad it’s SD.
The combat system seems cool
It makes me think that I would love a new musou gundam game.
They were fun games.
And the shin musha is still one of my favourite Gunpla.♥️
No idea about gundam as I only saw it on TV briefly in the 90s, and what does SD stand for? Is it a certain story arc or something?

But this looks like a fun co op arpg, really hope I enjoy it :)

kubricks

Looks to me like a Gundam versus system cross with a part system like Gundam breaker. I like it, hope it doesn't run like shit on the Switch.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
No idea about gundam as I only saw it on TV briefly in the 90s, and what does SD stand for? Is it a certain story arc or something?

SD stands for Super Deformed, essentially a subtype of the Gunpla model quality such as High Grade, Master Grade etc that denotes that the gundam model will have deformed characteristics, essentially a large head and squat body... if you imagine Funko Pop versions of a mech it's essentially that.

In games they tend to be used to help simplify visuals, so they can look a little "kiddie". On the other hand they are also less prone to being "real robot" and have some more unique designs such as the Knight Gundam which recently got a "real version" remake as it was so popular, also happens to be an early access preorder bonus in this.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So I decided to take the dive and preorder this since I would of bought it anyway for PC.

Depending on how the combat works (or not) its will be a good time. Alot of prior Gubdam games are incredibly clunky so I'm used to making do.

However really hoping it's nailed some good action combat this time around. I'm sick of things playing like Battle Operation over and over.

Airbus Jr

Banned
gundam unicorn GIF

twerkouting

Banned

SD = Super Deformed. It's a style; all the suits look like midgets.

Little disappointed that New Gundam Breaker seems to have sucked all the will out of making a sequel to that series but upon watching this video, this looks pretty cool.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Relive your favorite Gundam moments from throughout the franchise, but now with some twists. Take on Super Deformed Mobile Suits from across the Gundam series in a new universe. SD Gundam Battle Alliance introduces new role playing elements combined with fighting and shooter aspects. This SD Gundam Battle Alliance gameplay PS5 was captured during Anime Expo 2022.

Gameplay of the tutorial and two early missions. SD Gundam Battle Alliance releases on August 25, 2022 for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC via Steam.

A demo for all platforms was released in Japan/SEA last week, the US version will come this Friday (except for Switch, that US demo is delayed for some reason).

Last edited:
Top Bottom